News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

Stable RB/Breed help

Started by toffeeca, April 25, 2010, 10:00:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

toffeeca

I have a question for those people who offer up their horses for free breed to learn their genetics.
I currently do this, so I know how all the genetics works, but if someone wants to breed one of your horses to a horse that will not teach you anything about the horses genetics do you (1) allow it? and if so (2) what do you charge as a fee?

Thank you. :)

indigowulf

Entirely up to you. If you posted horses for breed and said you will only breed with (insert genetic here) then they wont be suprised if you say no. Most stable breed threads Ive seen say things like- "Breeding fee is 5K, unless you have (blah blah) genetics, then its free"

But whatever YOU feel comfortable with. Just because someone else does it, doesnt mean you have to. The Stable itself has no rules concerning this.

For myself, I havent bred outside my own herd yet (only bred twice now) or let anyone else use one of my horses yet. Im just not quite ready to do that, but I most likely will in the future, using the "this is my fee, unless you have blah genetics" method.