News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

Quinsta Breed Help xD

Started by Pinkshadow, October 03, 2012, 02:28:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pinkshadow

Hello peoples :)

I have set myself my very first goal in breeding.
- To breed a Perlino Mini xD

I'm not sure how to achieve this, so any help would be much appriciated :D
- However i do know that it can involve buckskin :)

Buckskin x Buckskin - and i already have two mares of my own that are usable.
- But can i achieve it other ways?

Can Cremello produve Perlino or? :O

Pinkshadow

YourLoveOnly

Perlino is a black based double cream with A or At as the agouti gene (bay and brown based horses). So using two parents that have single or double cream will give you a shot at a perlino, using buckskin, sooty buckskin or perlino parents just makes it a bit easier since they already have the A or At gene. If you can't find two parents with those genes I'd use one chestnut based cream: palomino or cremello. They can have any agouti and if the other parent doesn't carry chestnut it won't be a problem. You can also use smokey black and smokey cream but they are aa, so they don't have the A or At gene meaning the other parent HAS to pass it.

There are currently no perlino Miniature horses out there. There are a bunch of buckskin ones, they can be found here

Here are all options. Chances do depend on what genes the parents carry, but in general I'd say they are somewhat in order starting with your best chance.
perlino x perlino
perlino x cremello
perlino x buckskin
perlino x sooty buckskin
perlino x palomino
cremello x buckskin
cremello x sooty buckskin
buckskin x buckskin
buckskin x sooty buckskin
buckskin x palomino
sooty buckskin x sooty buckskin
sooty buckskin x palomino

The following options can either be very succesful or not at all, depending on the agouti gene the perlino/buckskin parent carries. If you have a perlino or buckskin parent who doesn't carry 'a' then perlino x smokey cream can be your best option.
perlino x smokey cream
perlino x smokey black
buckskin x smokey cream
buckskin x smokey black
sooty buckskin x smokey cream
sooty buckskin x smokey black

So once more, basically any two parents who both have single or double cream can give you perlino EXCEPT two smokey black/smokey cream parents.

Pinkshadow