News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

What is your favorite dog breed?

Started by Mutt, January 03, 2010, 07:14:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mutt

I don't know if anyone had made this thread before or if it belongs here sorry if it doesn't. Mutt is away from home right now on a library computer with Okami, waiting to be picked up... and I'm bored lol... this computer won't let me acess  deviantart or even the lemontoss forums.

So Okami want's me to draw dog adoptles for her on PI, but I have no idea which breeds I should make, I made a Borzoi because I love them and started on a Jack Russel.

Anyway this thread might be a bit of fun,

So as I mentioned my favorite is Borzoi :3

Garney

Rotties!

and Wolfhounds

and and Husky-types

and and and... yes, big and fluffy things XD

Mutt

I love Wolfhounds (well I prefer Deerhounds, because Wolfhounds are bigger then me :O ) they're one of Okami most favorite breeds... if not her most favorite. I also love big fluffy dogs too XD When I was a kid I always wanted a Husky my Dad said he did too... but he doesn't really like dogs he likes cats... which is why I didn't have a dog until I was 10 even though my mum had two when she moved in with Dad and has loved dogs all her life.

EDIT: I appologize if thats unreadable, I'm on a laptop computer and not used to the squashed down keyboard style... I'm used to huge keys that stick out... these ones are difficult for me to type on.

indigowulf

actual wolves and wolf hybrids. Those are what I grew up with (we had 9 wolf crosses at once during my childhood) so I get to claim them. What they were crossed with, btw, was husky and german shep. we had 4 acres in the middle of nowhere, with hundreds of acres of wild around us, so they were very happy. I knew/know more about them and how the communicate/behave then I do humans.

my childhood summary- only child, 14 miles away from nearest town (which was a small town population <500) homeschooled, no electricity or running water or phone (think- no tv) with psychoticly religious parents screening even the books I read. My step-dad was an abuser, and my mom was afraid of him and tried to never be home so she could hide from him. We made little house on the prairie look downright civilized.

It was me and my pack- humans didnt really come into my reality until I was 14.

PonyMama

Catahoulas. 

They are all I have ever owned and if I ever get a dog again they are all I will even consider.

JBGarrison72

German Shepherds have always been far and above my favorite breed.
- Jeffrey Boyd Garrison

YourLoveOnly

Chihuahuas! ^^

I also adore Shi Tzus, Yorkies, Afghan Hounds, Poms and Spaniels.

Pinkshadow

Staffordshire Bull Terrier

American Staffordshire Terrier

After them comes;

Australien Shepherds
Shetland Sheepdogs
Basenji

Dunkel.Prinzessin204

Well I love huskies and Shibas but I have had nothing but Newfie's all my life and they have never been anything but perfect!

springacres

Coonhounds...all types of coonhounds.  Treeing Walker, Plott, Bluetick, English, Redbone and the gorgeous Black & Tan.  I fell in love with them while volunteering at my local Humane Society, and well...there's a reason I eventually took a Lab/coonhound mix home with me!

hiyoko

I've always loved Dalmatians. ;D

I also love Cocker Spaniels, American Eskimos and Salukis are pretty cute. :D

TheLeet

I really like whippets. They're so gorgeous, they look like deer <3

bewilderness

Keeshond. http://images.google.com/images?gbv=2&hl=en&sa=1&q=keeshond&aq=f&oq=&aqi=g6&start=0

I also like dalmatians and huskies.  I've got a dog now that looks like a cross between a keeshond, border collie, and brown chow.

Neocridders

Pembroke Welsh Corgis are my favorite. They are the hobbit doggies of the world. Lol

Ravvana

Despite my horde of virtual Labs, in real life, Australian Cattle Dogs are my favorites :D

Yruvian

On 1 with a whole lot of dots: Chinese crested Dog (hairless and powderpuff). I doubt any breed will ever again be able to take that place away from the canine clowns.

On 2: Toy Poodles, even though my real Navarre can hardly be called a toy.

And then follow all other breeds with around the same build. Bedlington Terriers, most sighthounds, other sized poodles, ... Anything with long legs and a lithe body structure. Mostly dogs that look as if they want to tell the world to look at them...

red_uni387

personally I prefer cats XD and wild mixes at that (I have no idea what my baby is, aside from domestic short hair)

but my fav. The Kennel breed is saluki :)