News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

I get to go!

Started by indigowulf, January 21, 2010, 09:03:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

indigowulf

Yay! coolduff was gonna order me something online as a late Xmas pres, but didnt get to it from comp issues. So, I find out on facebook ad yesterday that AFI is coming to town. Ive seen them live before, and they are (insert adult exclamation) awsome!

So, what he was gonna buy me was abot $45. Tickets are $27 at the door... I asked him to get me a ticket instead.

I think it woulda killed me to have one of my fav live bands literally walking distance away and not been able to see them.

*hugs the snot outta coolduff*

anyone else ever see afi live? or any fans?

YourLoveOnly

I still have to go see them, but I plan on doing so someday.
Right now I have to save up money for blue october's germany tour in march.. xD

indigowulf

First time I saw them in canada for v-fest, it was all screaming fan girls and the worst that happened was people pushing forward and some people getting squished a little. They played only things off thier latest, MTV era albums, none of thier old hardcore stuff.

Not this time- haha, it was a "back to the roots" show.. they played a couple things of thier latest albums. they did miss murder cuz people would cry if they didnt. but, they ALSO played thier old stuff. the hardcore punk stuff. and thier opening band was straight core.

Poor little girls thinking they would get to go drool on Davey, and instead found themselves rocked in the mosh. I played wall, I freakin loved it!

One jerk was throwing kidney shots at anyone who came near him on the wall. Next wave, I let myself get carried in front of him. I was wearing combat type boots with heavy heels. He figured that out real quick. He went back to the rail and stayed out of it.

Other then him, it was the kind of mosh pit you dont see much anymore. It wasnt a metal band mosh, it was punk mosh. When someone fell, they were immediatly scooped up. When someone got dazed, they were grabbed and moved out of the melee. This may sound strange for anyone who's never been in one, but this was a friendly fun mosh. Not to say people didnt get hurt. I got elbowed in the face. Thats part of the fun :P

YourLoveOnly

I am familair with moshing, I never join in because of balance disorder so I think I may not survive xD But I have never seen a mosh were people weren't immediately scooped up.. Sounds awful if they just let you lay there. Of course it can happen by accident, I don't recommend tripping in front of a Wall of Death. But during a regular circle pit it's just normal that people pick you up in my opinion..

indigowulf

Ive been to some where people seemed to just want to hurt others. People who fell got stomped on. Anthrax, Tool, a few others were that way. Fun thing is, half of the time I was security.

fean77 is arguing that "mosh" is the term for the brutal deathmetal type pits. Punk is slam pit or circle pit, and he's pretty adament about the difference. He says punks who call it mosh are showing thier noob lol.