News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

Big honor in store for Splitty!

Started by SplitX, January 21, 2010, 10:21:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SplitX

<3<3<3 This is my senior year. I joined the choir at the school I just started at this year. Well, there's one hot shot there (a guy), who's a huge jerk. Like... when I was singing the opening solo for "You Raise Me Up" in practice today (last period), he was laughing at me. "ZOMG I don't have a perfect voice! You're the best, Chris. I'm ssoooo sorry for even opening my mouth." Just because he has a pretty good voice, it doesn't mean that I didn't even sound ok, and just because he wants that solo, it doesn't mean he has to have it. I can hit every single note (I can range from tenor to soprano 1, no lie), but I'm a little shaky 'cause I get nervous. Whooo big deal.
Well... I put him in his place. >_> I went to the choir teacher after class & I asked him about The National Anthem. About a month ago, he said he'd need someone to sing The National Anthem at the opening of every basketball game, for boys and girls, this season. Well... Chris had tried, but he was sick when he did, so his voice just... sucked. He wasted his one chance to audition. Well our choir teacher said, "Go ahead & sing the anthem." And I did. I belted it out, hit every note, and added a few pretty ups & downs without going overboard like some people do (braaa-aaaa-aaaaa-aaaaa-aaave with 20 different notes >X), and I just nailed it. I've never felt so fired up & confident.
He said, "WOW! I'll give your name to the athletic director. I don't think we even need to let any one else try out. Do you really want to do this?" And I said "Yes, I'd love to!" And so...
Splitty gets to sing the National Anthem at the basketball games... and any other games that might happen in the spring, including soccer. ;3 -spaz- I'm so excited! I don't have the best voice in the world, but... who does? That's rhetorical. xD -spaz- SO I'm super happy. I'm probably getting the 'You Raise Me Up' solo. At least I know Chris won't, since our choir teacher saw him laughing, and shook his head like 'get over yourself.' No one else was laughing or made a funny face either. What a jerk. >>;
But yeah. I'm happy! :3

BabyKittenCandy

Woot!!

Thats so great Splitty! Kudos on the nerves it takes to sing in front of ppl, I cant even sing to my son in front of my husband!

YourLoveOnly

That's awesome, congrats!
And being able to put someone like that in their place is just a bonus ;)

You better make sure someone videotapes it, because now I am all excited as well! ;D

SplitX

Thanks! :3 They will be video taping it, so I might put it on Youtube or somewhere for my Secundi/PI friends to see.

Kadana Sorano

Quote from: BabyKittenCandy on January 21, 2010, 10:48:36 AM

Woot!!

Thats so great Splitty! Kudos on the nerves it takes to sing in front of ppl, I cant even sing to my son in front of my husband!

That.  That is me all over.  I have to get drunk to be able to sing in front of people.

Congrats Splitty, you deserve this.  And the jerk can just go sulk, maybe he'll learn a lesson.. probably he won't heh but try and forget about him.  *hugs* I'm happy for you :)
Storm Chasers Current Thread: http://www.secundi.net/forum.php?topic=3836.0
Storm Chasers Customs Thread: http://www.secundi.net/forum.php?topic=3691.0
Okibi Stud and RB Service: http://www.secundi.net/forum.php?topic=4266.0
Quinsta Studs Free to Use: http://www.secundi.net/forum.php?topic=4308.0

My Eggs/Pets.. they would appreciate some love :) 

Gerfette

That is awesome Splity! ^^

I too was in chorus when I was in high school. LOVED my teacher, he was just completely awesome and everyone knew he loved the kids and his job.

I too had a few jerks in my class, except they were female and had no respect for the teacher. >.> Finally several of us told them off, that was a great day. LOL

So happy for you with getting that honor! You go girl! Show that dude what it means to "really" sing.  ;)