News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

Oh my. There has to be a problem here

Started by MorbidKitsune, January 25, 2010, 08:38:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MorbidKitsune

We got out electricity bill in today. It went from last month of $99 dollars, up to $370! I mean, c'mon really?! Does electricity go up in the winter or something D<

All we've done is keep a basement heater on. If we didn't our pipes would have frozen over [It's a very... crappy basement. Extremely drafty so it gets cold in an our down there without it on] as we have no other means to heat the house besides a pellet stove. Which that doesn't reach the basement and barely even heats the downstairs. We were doing this even in december, when our last bill was twice as cheap =/

My boyfriend is calling them to see what on earth is going on, and why it is so much. I'm hoping there was a mistake or something, as that bill + rent and our other bills will completely drain our savings ![Everything happens at once, we try and keep enough $$ in the bank, but we werent expecting this]

Morbid needs good thoughts ;3; I've run around and unplugged everything I can, turned all the heater and things off >-> But seriously, how can our bill be $370 when it's just two people living here, compared to when it was a 4 person family with two animals and their electricity bill at most was $200!

O' pitiful Shadow Bound In Darkness... Want to try dying this once?

YourLoveOnly

My thoughts are with you. This sounds like an awful mistake and I hope the company will fix it for you.. *huggles*

Gerfette

Most definitely sounds like a mistake, at least I hope so too! That is a crazy jump!  :-\

We have a problem similar with our discover bill this month. They said our account was at $1167 dollars. Our credit limit is at $1000? 0.o And I knew we hardly put anything on the card last month. So I had to call, only to find out it was a clerical mistake. There was only $167 on our card. >.<

So hopefully it will get straighten out for you! *hugs*

MorbidKitsune

Well he called, and the lady is saying there is no mistake, and after turning off all the breakers and then going through all of them [One by one D; Inside, outside to the meter to see if its running] and one of the breakers [That for whatever reason runs our washing machine, pump to the sink by the washing machine, and our FRIDGE which is all the way upstairs in the kitchen, as the washing stuff is in the basement~] is making the meter spin like you wouldnt believe. Around 2 minutes per turn [With everything turned on, it's about a minute and a half per turn on the dial?

So either it's a mistake, or something has completely freaked out and is using WAYWAY to much electricity.

Ryuukokoro

That sucks! D:

Electricity bills always do go up in winter, but I've never had mine go up THAT much. 0_o

MorbidKitsune

I know! The most ours was last year was.. I believe $125? And that was me staying here 24/7! Now the only time I spend here is on the weekend with my boyfriend and on monday alone. Usually both of us are gone from 6:30 in the morning til almost 6 at night :s

Solistia

This happened with our electricity bill this month, jumped from about $25-$160
It's cause we're using heaters more and not the house heater (like room heaters, and electric blankets and such). Heaters suck up electricity like you wouldn't believe. We checked our meter usage and the jump was no mistake sadly :[
We may try to use the house heater more, so the gas bill goes up and not the electric, cause our gas bill is never very high OTL