News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

What am I going to do about it? Really?

Started by SplitX, February 04, 2010, 07:18:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SplitX

I'm sorry for all of my posts, but I'm absolutely in tears now...
Mom & I were talking, and I voice my concerns over an ectopic pregnancy, or a miscarriage. She said that both of those would be better than me keeping the kid... I told her that she needed to fix her attitude and be a mother and support me instead of trying to tear me down at her every chance. She then said, "Well what are you going to do about it?"
Really? :/

BabyKittenCandy

Dear, those things are very rare. Try not to worry about them cos that could be worse for you and the chances of thoose things are so small.

There isnt much I can say about ur mums comments im afraid, i have my own views and ive learnt it best i not air them, im not so hot at putting them across.  PM box is always open however.

Gene Pool

I do believe you'd knowif i was ectopic, having had an ultrasound, I think they would have picked up on it. May not be much to see yet, but that's one of the many reasons for those early checks- to see if something is wrong. I wouldnt worry unless the doc says to worry.

Don't feel bad about making lots of posts. This is a chat forum. Chat!
This is DizzyFishClick DizzyFish for website!

SplitX

Thanks BKC. -loves on- <3

That's true... ;_; I just... I've only had one person in my family die before. I didn't even know her that well. =/ She was my great aunt who I saw once or twice before I was 5 & when she died. And I suppose that kind of... attachment to everyone I know is what I'm feeling. I think I'm just afraid to lose someone I love. I know the baby is SUPER young, but... I guess I just love it already.

red_uni387

I have no idea what an ectopic pregnancy is, but I'm guessing it's something bd if you're worried about it. You're a healthy person Splitty, and I really doubt anything will go wrong. Remember you need to keep yourself healthy, and worrying isn't gonna help. *squishes*

I understand your mom's point of view, since that's the same thing my dad told me when he saw me watching a show about being pregnant at 14 and they don't want a kid to care for while you still have school to get through. But it's already happened, and you do need support now, and she really shouldn't have said that :( I hope you guys manage to sort things out <3

SplitX

It's where the baby is implanted outside the uterus. :/ If it goes untreated, it could make you inable to have babies for life. D; I hate to bring that topic up but... Myeh. Dx

I'm not healthy. >_> I'm chubby! I have arm flab, leg flab, belly flab, and fat space. xDD Though, I suppose that's tons better than being anorexic. o_O AND I'm not overweight either. <3

PonyMama

you have had an ultrasound, if it was ectopic they would have told you so.
how far along are you?

Goddesss

red an ectopic pregnancy is when the baby forms outside of the uterus.  The baby cant survive.

Splitty ectopic pregnancies only account for 2% of pregnancies also with your ultrasound they would know if that was a problem for you.

You mom loves you.  You are her baby.  She had hopes and dreams of her own for you.  Having a baby makes that harder.  This is an emotional time for you but also for your parents.  Maybe you should let them know that having a baby may make you life harder but you will achieve everything you were going to.  You will just have to work harder.  Being pregnant you feel a closeness and love for the baby noone else can feel.  Your parents will love your baby I am sure, but right now they are most likely feeling a loss for you.  They will come around they just need time.  I know its a hard time for you, but it is for them also and it is still very new.

*hugs*

SplitX

Quote from: PonyMama on February 04, 2010, 07:42:28 PM
you have had an ultrasound, if it was ectopic they would have told you so.
how far along are you?

Only 5 weeks now. :X

True... Thank you so much for putting that in perspective, Goddesss. I just wish they knew it was hard for me, too, and not just for them. <3 I know it's my fault this happened, but that doesn't mean I planned for it.

PonyMama

they aren't mad, they are disappointed, and that can hurt more, cause you feel you let them down, but they do still love you

well I don't want to say you are out of the woods for miscarriage but you are probably fine, extra stress can let those pregnancy goo brains run wild, and that is never good

SplitX

True... I'm trying to not stress, but it's just... "What do I do, do I need to decide now, should I really be eating this, oh my god I just hit my stomach against the table did I screw up?" >___>; I just... I don't even know. I always look far into every situation and everything that could go wrong. D:

BabyKittenCandy

Just remember you are not made of glass. Pretty much carry on as normal, just minus lifting anything heavy. If you wanna eat something, do. Your body knows what it wants and needs.

SplitX

Thanks. <3 I feel a lot better about all of this. I guess all I can do is do what I feel is right for the baby and myself. Whatever happens, happens, and as long as it's out of my control, there's nothing I can personally take to blame. <3

Goddesss

Welcome to motherhood Splitty.  Everyday you worry about your kids.  Are they safe, is that dangerous.  I still check my 6 1/2 year old in the middle of the night to make sure he is breathing.  You just have to take a breath and relax.  That baby is in a protective bubble inside of you.  Little bump on the table isnt gona hurt anything.

SplitX

>___> Good. 'Cause I am a CLUTZ and I felt super stupid and then scared and then upset then I was laughing and yeah. o_o;
But it's good to know I don't have anything to actually worry about. <3

PonyMama

if it makes you feel better I fell and landed knee, and hand first when I was huge with my first daughter, still managed to smash my belly on the ground

and with my second I forgot I had a belly and went to look under the couch.

SplitX

-looks up at ceiling- -gets mental images-
... I love you PM. xD

Goddesss

My six year old was racing his friend and I wasnt paying attention smashed right into my belly.  knocked me back a couple feet and the wind outa me

SplitX

Aw! D:
I'm gonna have to watch out for Dexter... He looooves playing. He as a habit of running and pouncing on people who're sitting on the couch. He always gets Leeto in the... jewels, and he used to get me in the tummy, but I'm being careful now, 'cause that's 80 pounds of flying fury. xD

Tribe

Oh splitty *hugs*

I totally know what your going through, just went through it with my first baby now that im on with the second i worry about basically nothing. I remember my aunt once giving me a bit of rather useful advice (she was an l&d nurse also so no worries on her just being some random crazy from my family). I had threated bodily harm to my husband in some way (joking of course) and he said "well you cant do that cause your pregnant" my aunt proceeded with "honey you can do just about everything that babies more portected then they let on" from then on i calmed down. My husband has a horrid habit of throwing his legs over me when hes sleeping often slamming more then a few pounds onto my stomach area, yes it does make me a little uncomfortable and yes the orginal jolt of his knee meeting perfectly with my expanding uterus does hurt a little it never effected anything. I plumetd to my belly more then a few times with the first & nothing ever did anything to harm him. So always remember "there more protected then they let on" because really they are.