News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

Making FREE avatars of your Secundi Pets/Adopties

Started by LaneyAngel, March 27, 2011, 09:59:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LaneyAngel

I love making avatars for fun, so I thought I'd put it out there, that I can make free avvies of your Secundi Pets/Adopties. And while, I do say FREE, I do not request ANY money, if you do wish to send me a little something for the time and effort, then that would be fab and much appreciated, but its not necessary!!!!

I can do them backgrounds, borders, without either, with text, all kinds of things...

Some samples of my work:

The above pets are MY OWN Pets, so no stealing or using these avvies for yourself.... I mean, you'd look pretty silly using SOMEONE ELSES PET as your own avatar. That, and its uncool.

Form:

Name:
Pets Name:
Pets Picture (the picture itself, NOT a link):
Border (Yes/No):
If Yes to Border-What Kind/Colour:
Background Colour?
Any Text (Yes/No):
If Yes, saying what?
Swirly font or straight font?
Any swirls or patterns or whatever in background?

**The Comprehensive List of Quinsta Colour Breeding Projects** - please come post and help make a guide to all Quinsta breeding projects on Secundi! :D
Quinsta- visual guide to males and females of each breed

LaneyAngel

DELIVERIES

Winged Dreams

I went with making them each individual and different. The brown and white girls colours are based on earth and forest (green and brown) with leaves and spots in her background. The blue roans background is actually the same colour as the roan itself, but just a washed out shade. I added some swirls and fuzzy sparkles to the backing. And the reddish mare, the avvy colours are also based on her individual colours and I gave her some gentle, angular stars in matching colours in her background. Making the roan smaller than I used, whilst showing some of her roan-ness would have happened, it also would have made her small to the point where it made her blurrier and not as easy visible.... but I can try if that one isn't good enough
I just have to change the background and redo the thing from scratch

kunaisa

Kahlira

these were done as gifts for my best girl, Kahlira...

Aralie

Hope its okay.... Sorry for the length of time it took to do it... :(
**The Comprehensive List of Quinsta Colour Breeding Projects** - please come post and help make a guide to all Quinsta breeding projects on Secundi! :D

Sunchaser

could you do a avatar that went back and forth between images and/or has two adopts on it? (would want one of me and hub as adopts)

LaneyAngel

Winged

My avie skills are linated to the image with a little text, i can't do backgrounds. So i would love one of yours!

Name: Winged dreams
Pets Name: Hala

Border? Yes please, thin double border like the clyde mare.
Background Colour? Creamy with perhaps a little pale blue? Whatever you thinks looks best.
Any Text? Winged
Any swirls or patterns or whatever in background? Yeah, some sort of delicate pattern. Whatever you think looks good with her.

ETA: Hala's personality is kind and sweet, but slightly nervous and excitable at times. Think of that and choose whatever you think looks best for the avie please :)
Owner of Gliders!

Solistia

If Laney can make you multiple avatars, I can teach you how to get it to cycle through multiple avatars like PonyMama's does :3

LaneyAngel

I know how to do that too Soli, I have an animation program :)

YourLoveOnly

She doesn't mean an animated avatar. It's a rotating one. This means the avatar changes to a new image every time you see the avatar (so when you refresh or go to another page or topic). The avatar itself isn't animated, it's a bunch of non-moving .png images put into a special folder to make them alternate. So when you just sit on a page looking at the avatar it doesn't alternate between pictures, it changes when visiting different pages or refreshing. And the best thing, it's unlimited! You can keep adding avatars to the folder without having to ever touch the ones already there. So easy <3

LaneyAngel

I didn't realise you could do that anywhere, let alone on Secundi... Wouldn't that require coding of some kind, more so than anything else?

YourLoveOnly

Nope, you just have to upload them someplace that makes it work. I know Solistia's domain supports it for example. You make a folder called something.png (avatar.png) for example and upload the avatars into the folder. Then you use the url of the folder as your avatar. Because the folder name ends with .png it tricks sites into believing it's an image, so all images in the folder become your avatar and alternate :D It's really cool.

LaneyAngel

but of course I can do multiple avvies, the more the merrier. I enjoy doing them! :)

Winged

My avie looks lovely, but slightly skewed... She looks just a little stretched upwards. Did you resise the image and not keep it constant? If so can you fix that.
That thing where the avie changes sounds awsome too, i might have a set made by you Laney, if that's okay :)
Owner of Gliders!

Solistia

To add to YLO's explanation, in the something.png folder is a special php file (named index.php so it's picked up automatically), that has a rotating program in it :3
http://lasolistia.com/terrace/avy.png/index.php (if you right+Click and save to your computer, you should be able to upload it to whatever site you make the folder on to do the avatar rotation.

You just need to make sure that the forum you use it on supports "Link to Offsite Avatar" =D

Neocridders

Wow. Your avatars are great! :) I might come back here to grab a new avatar.

PonyMama

Here I am if you refresh (I don't have many) but it will change

and I may be back to get you to make me something to add to my Avatar cycle

LaneyAngel

I did shrink it some, but I didn't change the constancy, when I shrunk it, I did overall % of the image

Winged

Well i measured it and the proportions are different in the avie than the original image. So i can't figure out what the problem is if you definately used % to keep it equal... unless it was a typo when you typed in the percentage or something? Anyway, i would be very grateful if you could fix it somehow.
Owner of Gliders!

LaneyAngel

the second one has been fixed.... a bit more awkward to fix the first because of the way I layered everything. I didn't save as a layered file
I didn't know if you wanted the border over the top of the Quin or below it, which is why I made two...

ETA: Both fixed, or hopefully fixed sufficiently. I can't honestly say I had even noticed that the proportions were incorrect. I just assumed she looked longfaced because of not being able to see her ears, because I know my real life horse, if you see pictures of him where you can't see the top of his head/ears, he looks like his face is really long and warped.

I overwrote the previous images, so you might need to refresh the images to get the new ones to show up

Winged

Thanks, it looks great! Sorry about being fussy :)
Owner of Gliders!

kunaisa

Name:kunaisa
Pets Name:Onyxa
Pets Picture

Border?
Background Colour? whatever you think looks nice
Any Text? kunaisa
Any swirls or patterns or whatever in background? yes please whatever you think looks good

Winged

I was wondering if you could make me a quin set? They (including the one you've already done) should look fairly similar, mostly just different colours.

QuoteName: Winged dreams
Pets Name: Mori'ushele

Border? Yes, same as first avie
Background Colour? Whatever you thinks looks best, dark?
Any Text? Winged
Any swirls or patterns or whatever in background? Similar pattern to the first avie, just slightly different.
Mori has a bit of a dark personality  though not mean, and also likes to play jokes. If possible, can you get more of her body in, to show off her roan.

Pets Name: Flis'donsir

Border? Yes, same as others.
Background Colour? Whatever you thinks looks best, pale?
Any Text? Winged
Any swirls or patterns or whatever in background? Similar pattern to the other avies, just slightly different.
Flis has a kind, generous personality.

Pets Name: Ereth'fela

Border? Yes, same as others.
Background Colour? Whatever you thinks looks best, brownish and forest perhaps?
Any Text? Winged
Any swirls or patterns or whatever in background? Similar pattern to the other avies, just slightly different.
Ereth is hardy and dependable, very strong and solid in personality.

Is this big order okay? Don't worry about getting them done quickly, i know there are quite a few and other people want ones too so please do them before my big order :)
Owner of Gliders!

LaneyAngel

it will be hard to make the background exactly the same, since everytime I do a background, I don't save it as is, because every background I do individually and can't honestly remember how I did them

LaneyAngel

And you prefer the border that goes OVER the quin, not under??

Winged

No, i just mean something similar. So like the first one has little shapes the others would too.
Owner of Gliders!

LaneyAngel

Well, thats 4 more done.... hope people like them.

Winged

Mine are all perfect, thanks! Now to try and find out where to upload to... i still haven't figured that out.
Owner of Gliders!

kunaisa

Aralie

Such pretty avatars!

Name: Aralie
Pets Name: Dasha

Border? Silver
Background Colour? White
Any Text? Aralie
Any swirls or patterns or whatever in background? whatever you think would look nice ^_^

LaneyAngel

I may be awhile before I get around to these again......... I have not been feeling well I'm sorry.

LaneyAngel

I WILL get back to these, I promise.... its just, I spent nearly a month with a toothache. I avoided going to the dentist because I've had nothing but bad experiences with dentists. So I hoped it would go away and it didn't. I finally resorted to going to the dentist nearly 2 weeks ago to find the pain was caused by wisdom tooth that needed extracting.

So they set it up immediately and the next day I had the tooth extracted. The dentist had a LOT of problems. He put the spike into the tooth, wiggled it, grabbed the tooth pliers and tried to extract, no dice. Used the spike some more... he spent 15 minutes alternating between the tooth spike and the pliers. The next time he used the pliers my tooth shattered into several seperate pieces. So then it was basically like having multiple teeth extracted because every single piece he extracted he had the same issue he was having with the tooth as a whole.
After another 20 minutes he managed to get all the pieces out, but was forced to leave a chunk of tooth behind, right down deep. He said it wouldn't cause any problems.
I was told that now the tooth had been extracted, I should still feel some pain for several days as the extraction site healed, but then I would be pain free.

Two days later, while I was sitting around, I had a chunk of tooth just come out of nowhere, so I automatically assumed it was out of the extraction site, that it had just worked its way out. I was still having pain, as I expected.
I didn't work out however, until about 4 days later that the chunk of tooth had NOT come out of the extraction site. It had actually BROKEN OFF of the tooth that was in front of the wisdom tooth.
The X-Rays from the day of the extraction however, showed that there was nothing wrong with that tooth. Somehow it got cracked during the course of the extraction and the entire top has come off, exposing the nerve endings inside the tooth.
My jaw has also still been in a hell of a lot of pain since the extraction, so I think the dentist has done something to it.

I spent 5 more days unable to get a dental appointment because of an extremely long Easter weekend. Finally today I was able to call the Intake Line and get an appointment for tomorrow. In the meantime though, its been always 2 weeks since the extraction and I've been in so much pain every day that I've been consuming near to an entire box of aspirin a day (16 tablets in a box).
Not good right?
Aspirin thins the blood. Last night I had a bit of an accident and started bleeding, and boy did I bleed.... So I've basically turned myself into a hemophiliac with all the aspirin. So now I have to see a doctor about that.
My easter has SUCKED. A  LOT!

But I will come back to doing these soon, I promise!