News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

Nako's Art Shop: Art and templating service

Started by Nako, April 16, 2011, 09:49:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nako

Got an idea for an adoptable but you can't find someone to draw it for you? Well, what a coincidence! I want to draw and template an adoptable but... I'm not exactly looking to run another one myself. I -am- available for a more long-term coloring or part time colorist type deal.

Examples
The Farallon Database  - this is just the list of existing Farallon so you can see the template and colors I've done for them so far. This is using a 'base' template where it is only shading and no highlights for the newest ones (F15 and on I think... just look at the ones near the end and the difference in style is pretty obvious)

Celestial lions - These are a Work in Progress for a friend, but this is an example of the 'shade + highlight' style where there are both dark areas and light areas overlaying a base color. I'm not as used to this style but this shows my first attempt at it.

Payment

I take bribes, and am willing to look at most adoptables. I also am willing to be paid in SD, USD, and a mixture of USD, SD and adoptables in any blend. I'm mostly wanting to create but I'm willing to look at most offers and let you know if you need to add a little more to your bribe to make it fair.

What I will Do
I will consider doing sketches, but I'm more interested in making complete projects. I WILL do templates for bases and will do items.

I will also consider lining sketches and templating them. Please inform me if you wish me to alter the linework in ways I see fit in order to improve it. I will also take original ideas and redraw in similar poses as original sketches so long as the person has permission for me to do so. In other words, have permissions to the intellectual content of the sketch in that you designed or bought the design and had someone draw it, or you drew it yourself.

I also LOVE to do guest coloring :D

BabyKittenCandy

Would you be interested in stuff that isnt adoptable based dear?

Victoria

I would love if you could ink two sketches for me at the moment i only have 48k in SD and no USD. So good Luck and great work btw.

Nako

BabyKittenCandy - I'm willing to give it a look, whatever it may be. XD

Victoria - Hehe, I know the poor feeling :x Though remember if you have any adoptables you don't mind trading I'd consider those as well.

BabyKittenCandy

Nako

Oh yeah I can certainly do stuff like that :D What are you looking for specifically?

Victoria

I have only some pecora if your willing to trade for them.

CutieePiee

Would you be able to do anything that's MS Paint compatable? It's the only art program I've got and I used to use it for my adoptables back then (when I used to run them). But the lines and shading were never great, since I use a mouse... no tablet.

Nako

Quote from: CutieePiee on April 18, 2011, 09:24:18 AM
Would you be able to do anything that's MS Paint compatable? It's the only art program I've got and I used to use it for my adoptables back then (when I used to run them). But the lines and shading were never great, since I use a mouse... no tablet.

It's possible I could do something in pixels, but it likely won't be super complicated. From what I understand, MS paint doesn't have layers so if I do any sort of shading it has to be simple enough that you can easily either fill it with another color or do that funky 'erase only this color' option with a different palette.

What was the technique you used to function with MS paint so that I may be able to emulate it?

Nako

Quote from: BabyKittenCandy on April 18, 2011, 07:50:51 AM

Im after a good drawing/picture of some of my characters.

My husbands char Magnus:

http://www.secundi.net/agencyuploads/1-BKC1.png
http://www.secundi.net/agencyuploads/11-587.png

My Char Nightmare:

http://www.secundi.net/agencyuploads/1-Nightmare_for_BKC.png
http://www.secundi.net/agencyuploads/5-588.png
http://www.lupineden.com/images/lupines/307.jpg

And my Char Devotion:

http://www.secundi.net/agencyuploads/1-Devotion_for_BKC.png
http://www.secundi.net/agencyuploads/11-586.png
http://www.lupineden.com/images/lupines/4952.jpg

Linkies are just so you can get some ideas ^^

Alright then! Did you have any idea exactly what I'd be drawing? Ref sheets, icons, etc? For ref sheets I can either do a single image showing markings or both main image, color palette. I can do a lot of things with it but the more large and fully shaded pieces to the ref sheet, the more expensive it gets.

BabyKittenCandy

If you can give me an idea of some prices (via pm if you wish) then I could start working out what is my top priority and go from there?

Nako

Quote from: BabyKittenCandy on April 18, 2011, 12:53:50 PM

If you can give me an idea of some prices (via pm if you wish) then I could start working out what is my top priority and go from there?

PM is just fine if that's what you're more comfortable with :D

CutieePiee

Quote from: Nako on April 18, 2011, 12:22:51 PM

It's possible I could do something in pixels, but it likely won't be super complicated. From what I understand, MS paint doesn't have layers so if I do any sort of shading it has to be simple enough that you can easily either fill it with another color or do that funky 'erase only this color' option with a different palette.

What was the technique you used to function with MS paint so that I may be able to emulate it?

With the shading, I used the fill-in method. Very easy. xP

Nako

Quote from: CutieePiee on April 18, 2011, 01:14:27 PM
Quote from: Nako on April 18, 2011, 12:22:51 PM

With the shading, I used the fill-in method. Very easy. xP

Well then! I suppose you just need to tell me exactly what you want and what your bribes are :D Feel free to post here or in PM, whatever your choice may be.

CutieePiee

Alrighty, I'll have to brainstorm. Thanks! ^^

CutieePiee

Nako

Quote from: CutieePiee on April 27, 2011, 04:08:13 PM
Just wondering if you ever got my pm's? :)

I did, sorry! XD School has been crazy and I've only been jumping on here and there. I want to try to get some sketches done for you and then we can move from there.

CutieePiee

No problem. Focus on what's most important first of course!

Good luck with school! :D

Winged

Would you be able to do some character art? Not ref sheets, but just a drawing, possibly with a simple background but fine without a background. I have a big list of characters and mimics, so if you'd like to do this let me know what sort of animals you like to draw best and i'll pick one :) My characters include horses, dogs, cats and other animals as well as some who don't have any particular form.

For the bribe i'm not really sure how much to offer, but i can offer some SG, Glider customs, and various adopties. We can discuss that though :) I would be interested in comissioning a few pieces, depending on how busy you are.

My characters- Click
Owner of Gliders!