News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

Help cure Mutt's art block (free dog art)

Started by Mutt, June 16, 2011, 05:54:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mutt

I've been thinking about doing this for awhile, I have 'art block' which to me means I don't want to draw anything but I don't want to quit all together.

So I'm opening two slots for now might be more later, to claim a slot simply be one of the first two to post, please edit your post with reference after you see you got a slot to prevent putting together a reference only to find the slots gone

1. Pinkshadow
2. Ryuukokoro
3. Ravvana
4. toffeeca

I need to lay down a couple of rules to prevent me tearing my hair out while drawing XD
Natural colored dogs only, also no dogs with wings, crazy accessories, markings ect, I want to draw natural looking dogs. Red merle is okay but might come out looking really weird as I'll be using markers and I didn't really pick them with red merle in mind.
Also one dog per slot and one slot per person

If you're struggling with making a decision on which dog to choose I love sighthounds and even have a Saluki already sketched I wouldn't mind finishing.

References can be photos or drawings, kennel dogs and mini kennel are okay with me too.

I can't guarantee the quality of my artwork, some breeds I'm better at drawing then others and I'm lazy and procrastinate a lot so I can't say when they'll be finished either, but at least it's free XD

Here's an example of how I usually draw dogs I doubt I'll be doing anything realistic so they'll probably look like this,
http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2010/327/8/9/dog_pile_by_ranshii-d33gw1b.png

Mutt

I should have mentioned one dog per slot and one slot per person XD Beause I forgot I'll draw both your dogs together Pink and call it one slot :)

So there's still one left, I'll get started now.

Pinkshadow

Quote from: Mutt on June 16, 2011, 06:30:53 PM
I should have mentioned one dog per slot and one slot per person XD Beause I forgot I'll draw both your dogs together Pink and call it one slot :)

So there's still one left, I'll get started now.
Actually i just posted both, so you could choose yourself :b
- i guess i forgot to mention. Sry xD

But i would love if you could draw them together, i would have loved to make pups between them, but Mickey(the zobel one) is dead so, will never happen..

They have pups here on secundi tho :D

Ryuukokoro

Ooooo Mutt's art is so awesome! May I get the second slot please?

Edit: Yay I got the slot! ^.^ Can I have Sky Bridge please? He was my favorite pony when I was on PI, so I got a Samoyed made of him. ^^ On PI he was a sky blue fairy with white stockings, and as a Samoyed he is a pale silver/blue Sammie with white legs and undersides.

http://www.secundi.net/critterpage.php?ID=124342

Mutt

Pink- That's alright, I'm happy to draw them together.

Of course Ryuu :)

Ryuukokoro

Thanks!! Edited his info in. He doesn't need his harness. ^^ If you want to add his little dragonfly (that represents his previous fairy pony form lol) that would be cute!

Mutt

Sketched the Shetlands I'll start lining and coloring immediately and then I'll get straight onto sketching your Sammy Ryuu :)

EDIT: My scanner messed up the colors pretty bad but its done, I think I'll try with my camera later or tomorrow the camera at least tends to get the colors right.

I hope the markings/colors aren't too bad.

EDIT again: Sky Bridge + dragonfly have been sketched, I'm going to take a break now because my eyes are dry and its almost time for lunch but I hope to finish it this afternoon.

Mutt

And Sky Bride is done, I'll probably take a photo of this one too because although the colors scanned better then the last one the scanner seems to have stretched the image a little.

I wasn't sure about the markings on the neck and head I thought I could see some and at least one of his offspring seemed to have inherited the markings I put on him from him so if anything needs to be fixed just let me know, I might also be able to make him paler if you want.

YourLoveOnly

Oooh this is awesome, I shall stalk for more slots <3

Luv007

Ryuukokoro

Heeeeeeeeee!!! Oh thank you Mutt! You got him absolutely perfect, that honest expression matches my dopey boy quite well. XD And yay for dragonfly!

With all the shading on the Kennel image itself I can never quite tell exactly where his markings start/end either, lol, but I think you got it. ^^ He is so pretty! Thank you again. <3

Neocridders

Mutt

You're welcome Ryuu :)

I'll try and get those photos done tonight provided I can keep my hands still the photos should look better then the scans.

I'm also going to open two more slots now although these ones will probably take a little longer to do.

Ravvana

I'd like a slot! :)

edit: Had a hard time deciding, but I'd love to get art done of my Kennel dog, Grania :)

http://www.secundi.net/critterpage.php?ID=7236

Here is her description from my old Kennel website. Use it as you will to determine her pose, expression, etc:
Grania, named after pirate woman Grace O'Malley (click), possesses a strong charismatic charm that makes her a natural leader at CMK. When she makes up her mind, she'll stop at nothing to reach her goal. She loves to splash around at the beach and run around tirelessly, living every moment to the fullest. Strong, bold, and surprisingly agile for her size, she is a star show dog.

Mutt

Ravvana

toffeeca

Oh, I would love to get a slot too.

ETA: Awesome! Can I get my doggy, Toffee, please?

Mutt

2nd slot is yours then toffeeca :)

I think I've got a pose in mind for Grania already so I'll try to get that sketched up now before I forget it.

Mutt

And done, I took some photos but I'm not sure how they came out yet if they look better then the scans I'll upload them.

Grania-
Violet inspired the pose for this one,

and Toffee-
I wish I was better at drawing small, fluffy dogs... I hope it didn't come out too badly.

Ravvana

She is absolutely perfect, Mutt :) Thank you so much!

Luv007

Neocridders

Ryuukokoro

I love Violet's pose, so dynamic! And Toffee is sooo adorable! ^^