Head shots?

Started by Rosewood, June 21, 2011, 05:13:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rosewood

Does anyone know how to make head-shots on gimp? I can't figure it out. XD

YourLoveOnly

For TheKennel you mean? =)
There are multiple ways, I personally do it this way:
I paste a headshot from another dog into the file, to make sure the entire head is in the shot I resize the layer with the pet I colored and drag the other headshot where I want this headshot to be. Keep the headshot layer selected but make it invisible so you only see your colored pet but there is this box/border showing where the headshot was. Take the cropping tool and go over this box. Might take you a few times to have it match up exactly. Once you matched the box double click and tadaaa, a headshot of exactly 75 x 75

That was harder to explain than I thought, because my software is in a different language XD

(because I am a perfectionist I actually make sure they line up exactly so all my female Setter headshots will be the same size for example but that is totally not neccessary XD)

Aralie

What I do is click Image then choose Canvas Size. Set 75 x 75 as the size and hit Resize. Then you use the Move Tool to drag the pet around until you have the head in the area.

YourLoveOnly

Does that work in GIMP? Hmm I might have to try that then. Last time I tried it that way I couldn't move the pet around, it just cropped the image to 75 x 75 and removed the rest of the layer. Then again I probably can't use that method anyway because I want them all to match with that same breed and gender I already have in my pet page so all headshots are exactly the same XD

Aralie

When I do it it makes it look like the rest of the layer is gone but it is sitting under there. And the Move Tool will only pick up when you click where the pet is hiding underneath ^_^

Rosewood

OK, thanks you guys!! *hugs you all*