News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

In need of an artist for a couple small items! - Found!

Started by Wildfilly94, October 17, 2012, 03:29:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildfilly94

I sent a pm to Willow, but she is very busy and hasn;t yet been able to respond, so I thought I'd try other artists on secundi instead, if shes unable to help. <3

Here's the gist of what I had sent to her:
1. Magic Feed - Bunraku(Customs) - Done

2. Fruit Basket - Bunraku(Customs) - Done

3. Den/bed/hut for breeding - Bunraku(Customs) - Done

4. Naming Item - ????

I would like a psd copy sent via email so I can use that to color/edit it, and just for backup

Bunraku

I'd surely be willing to make some items in exchange for custom ratties :D  I can make my line style match that of your rats as well if that's what you're looking for on the items to maintain consistency. I'd have to figure out how to make a basket (I've never drawn something woven before!) How big are you looking to have the templates be and what kind of shading are you looking for?

Wildfilly94

I'd be willing to make custom rats for the job. ^^

I'd love something that matches Willow's style as close as possible, if possible.
I'd like the feed about half the size of the feed I made (Mabye slightly bigger than half), the basket about the size of the feed I made if you flip it sideways, and the den about the size of the female rat. You ca modify my size requirements a bit if it works better a different way, I just dont want huge items, or teeny tiny items.

If you could either open up join.me (or download the little tool, if you don't have it), or just post your sketches and progress from there?

Join.me is free and wont slow down your computer or anything, its just a little bar that appears on your screen when you want to use it, and you post a link (its a series of numbers in the tab, you right click and share the link on here) so I can view your screen as you work.
Link to the free download-https://join.me/ (Click the little basic button)

Bunraku

I'm not on my own computer at the moment so I can't download anything, but I can post sketches for you still using photobucket if that works for you? ^^

Wildfilly94

Bunraku

Ok Wild, here is a rough sketch of my idea for the feed bag for you! Its larger than you need at the moment because I need it to be for the final inking to make my lines nice and clean, but I'll resize the finished template to what works for you once its done. Let me know what you think! Also, I'll refine the stitched lettering on the final bag, but is that close to the feel you're going for?

Wildfilly94

Wow, thats perfect!! :D

That's exactly what I was hoping for! <3

Bunraku

Awesome! I'm glad you like it. Do you have any examples of items Willow has inked in the past so that I can make sure my lines are consistant with hers, or are the ratties lines close to how she also inks items?

Edit:

And here's my idea for the den! Forgive my horridly rough sketch on this XD I can't draw a straight line to save my life without the pen tool, but trust me, I'll make sure it doesn't look like its about to collapse when it's finished. What you see in the entrance there is little pillows for the ratties to sleep on, a heart above the door since its a breeding item. The wiggly things on the roof will be little shingles when finished, and the lines all over the outside indicate a wooden type texture done finely on the line art so it looks like it was built for rats ^^

Wildfilly94

The rats are pretty consistant with her inking. She also did the Evo, who are in a post a few threads down from this one(not the items, i did those), plus the beds for FCFC, if you need more examples.
Id link everything but Im using my phone right now.

And Omg I love that den!! :3 Its so cute and perfect! Your wonderful!

Bunraku

And here's my idea for the basket! I'll refine the basket weave on the final product so it doesn't look like a bunch of lines. Also, I know you didn't ask for it, but I added a bow because I thought it would be cute :3

I shall go look for those threads! :D And I'm really glad you like my sketches ^__^ They are rough I know, but I'll ink them cleanly for you.

Wildfilly94

Ohh its wonderful!! I love it all. :)

Also, I just thought (we have a week or two but) if CDA gets to be an agency, would you be willing to make a naming item?
It would be very small, but I have no.ideas yet. xD It has to be something that relates to rodent like animals, just not sure what to do yet.

Bunraku

Of course! ^^ I'll ponder what would make a good naming item for rodents in case CDA becomes and agency. I hope it will ^_^

Wildfilly94

I hope so too :) Thank you for all your help! And support. :)

Bunraku

And thank you for all of the lovey ratties you've been making me in your threads! Really its the least I can do to help out where I can.

Bunraku

Here is an example of the inked and shaded bag template-I've done a mock coloring on it so that you can see everything better, since the gray templates are pretty bland. I'd have saved it as a .gif to show you what it would look like as an item without BG, but photobucket insisted upon giving me some pretty horrifying pixilation on the lines, so I'm going to have to figure out what's going on with that before finalizing the templates for you ^^ Let me know if the line style works for what you're looking for before I continue on with the other items.

Rosedawn

Bunraku

YourLoveOnly

.. I am stealing you to make items for me, yes I am.

Bunraku

Haha XD I am very glad you like them too YourLoveOnly!

Winged

They look lovely! Could you make items for me too? I'll need some if i become an agency :) Not sure what would suit but i'd love lots of little items.
Owner of Gliders!

Bunraku

Sure winged dreams :3 PM me and we can discuss what items you need and payment for them.

Wildfilly94

Your welcome Bun!
And wow, your getting alot of publicity now! XP

As for the item:
I love it. And believe it or not, thats the exact coloring I wanted for it too! Everything about this item is perfect! <3
Only 1 tiny issue: Could you darken the color of the 'magic feed' stitching so it stands out just a hair more?

As far as the background goes, save the copy as a .png (Hide the layer where the white background is) and that should make that pesky white background go away :P

Once you finish all three, could you send the .psd files to me via email?: morgainewilliams@yahoo.com

Bunraku

I'm rather shocked people like my art so much to be honest XD

It is?! Am I a mind reader? XD I'll darken the Magic Feed words, no problem. I think the reason they seem dim is because I colorized the line art when I made my mock up-the origional is black so you can make them any color you like, or no color at all ^^

Ah .png! that should do it. It must be the .gif format I was using that was causing the pixelation. Thank you! ^^

And of course ^_^ I'll try to get them all done by tomorrow.

YourLoveOnly

Your art is awesome. I shall steal you and keep you as my art slave. I shall pay with cookies, because everybody loves cookies 8D

Bunraku

But I'll be too busy eating cookies to make art and my computer will get all covered in crumbs D8

Oh well. Hand over the cookies <3 XDD

Wildfilly94

Okay, works for me! <3

I think I found a new arty person for my item needs. :3

I think me and YLO will get you chubby from cookies... LOL!

Bunraku

I'mma end up chubby like ursula the seawitch D8  XD

Wildfilly94

XD Hmmm... I'll make nonfat cookies that magically taste awesome?!

Bunraku

Ravvana

If anyone is a cookie addict like I am, I have a banana chocolate chip cookie recipe that is gluten-free, vegan, sugar-free, and (most miraculously given the above) seriously delicious. Let me know if anyone wants it! :)

Wildfilly94

Ohh wow! :O Yes please! I love bananas and chocolate chip cookies, but I need low calorie/fat, so that might just be perfect! Pm it to me?

Bunraku

YourLoveOnly

YES! Me too! Although I have no clue if I can figure it out since it won't be in Dutch (and probably not metric system eithet) but hey, let's try XD

Ravvana

Banana Oatmeal Cookies

Combine 3 ripe medium bananas (mashed), 1/3 cup canola or olive oil, and 1 teaspoon vanilla. In a separate bowl, combine 2 cups oats, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 3/4 cup chocolate chips, 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, and 1 teaspoon cinnamon. Combine the two mixtures, and then drop tablespoons of batter onto ungreased cookie sheets. Bake in a 350*F oven for 20 minutes, or until cookies brown on top.

You can also use raisins, dried apricots (chopped), dried cherries, or pretty much anything in place of the chocolate chips, and of course omit the nuts if you have allergies.

Enjoy! :)

YourLoveOnly

I just really really dislike any type of nuts, but yay chocolate and banana! xD
Aaand now I am hungy and shall eat a banana!

Bunraku

That recipe sounds heavenly *O* I will definitely be trying it with different combinations of the things you listed <3

Wildfilly94

Ohh that sounds awesome!

Is there anything you can sub for the oats though? (Flour?)

Kadana Sorano

Shall have to make a note to poke Bun next time I am after arts lol  I wonder what your equine art would look like.. hmmm

*licks Rav* yummy sticky cookery goodness!  I shall give my son your recipee, maybe they will let him make it in his cooking class at school :D
Storm Chasers Current Thread: http://www.secundi.net/forum.php?topic=3836.0
Storm Chasers Customs Thread: http://www.secundi.net/forum.php?topic=3691.0
Okibi Stud and RB Service: http://www.secundi.net/forum.php?topic=4266.0
Quinsta Studs Free to Use: http://www.secundi.net/forum.php?topic=4308.0

My Eggs/Pets.. they would appreciate some love :) 

Bunraku

I draw rather styleised horses, but I can and do enjoy drawing them a lot :3 Perhaps I should draw some just to show?

Wildfilly94

You should! Just showing off art of any type interests me. I like to know what everyone's styles are and what they can do. Its a good note for adoptable planning, and also just to google over and wish I was that good. XD

Bunraku

I shall then Wild X3 I haven't had an excuse to draw horses in a while, so it should be fun.

And here is the ratty den! Hopefully the shading style works for you. I went with a slightly harsher style than on the bag to get across the feeling of wood. The pillows and blankets have softer shading on them of course :D

Edit: And I just notice there's a little overspill on my highlight layer XD Ignore the random white things sticking off the roof.

Wildfilly94

It looks so cute and perfect! You amaze me again Bun! <3
And I was going to mention those two white pieces.. XD

Its wonderful, seriously, your art is awesome and I ADORE these items!

Bunraku

Yay! :D I am glad you like it <3

I should really learn to do the highlight layer on a dark BG, I always get overspill when I don't check for it XD

Thank you! <3

Bunraku

And here is the fruit basket! Again I've done a mock coloring to show you what the shading looks like. I made a few changes from the origional sketch to make the basket look better, so I hope its ok!

Rosedawn

Bunraku

Wildfilly94

They are all so perfect!! Thank you SO much! <3
PM me for dicussions of payment customs?

Could you send the .psd's to my email so I can prep them for breeding and such?

Winged

Owner of Gliders!

Bunraku

Of course Wild! PM coming right up <3

And thank you Winged Dreams! :D