News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

Writing a book?

Started by Pinkshadow, April 19, 2010, 05:46:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pinkshadow

Hey..

Yeah so i'm 19 soon to be 20 and ive always had this crazy Dream about writing a book , but i'm not sure if i'm able to and such..

So i wondered if you guys had any tips and ideas ?

I thought about a twitched lovestory or a krimi :i

red_uni387

I've tried writing a book spontaneously, and it didn't work out so much XD When I'm ready to try again, though, I'm gonna be developing a very detailed charrie list, and a rough plot idea. If you think of the characters as your 'friends' I think it might be easier to write, as you 'know' them. or you could think of them as little puppets, but then the personality aspect goes out the window lol

or you can just ignore my ramblings cause I haven't written a book yet..just am plotting to heh

sera

Well, i have no idea wot a twitched lovestory is, but i applaud anyone who wants to write a book! *still in the process of writing hers, xD;;;*

i suggest developing strong characters and get a good outline for your plot at least down in your head. ^^

Ryuukokoro

I'll send you a private pm with info. I went to college for writing and I used to work for a book publisher. ^_^

Pinkshadow

well my sera when i say twitched lovestory i mean in same kind of twilight the whole idea of forbidden or near impossible love :b

bewilderness

Awesome!  Go for it!  I've written a book (kid's fantasy--not published yet) and have three others in the works, with loads of ideas for more (Ryuu, I might have to pick your brain one day on publishing  ;) )

I try to do Nanowrimo every year.  It really helps, even though all the years I've done it, I've not reached the word limit.  This year was my best year, I made 50 pages (close to 14000 words!). :D  The website has lots of good stuff about writing.  (can we post links?)

One thing that helped me when first starting out was writing a summary of each chapter and then treating each chapter as a short story.  That way it wasn't as overwhelming for me. 

Pinkshadow

Please post links if you will :D

and ive never gotten into what nanowriting thingy is :/