News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

*Stable* Looking for a draft pair

Started by PonyMama, March 16, 2010, 05:36:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PonyMama

yes I have two drafts but would like to add one more that is unrelated for now, so I am looking for a pair that I can use.

I have had bad luck with breedings, curveballs are not my friend, but I keep trying, so if you own both male and feamel let me know what you think they may produce, as I am still learing.

I also wish to know up front if you will require a breeding/studd fee, and what it is

CutieePiee

You may use my drafts if you wish, PM. Just click on my sig button to get to my stable.  :) No fee. I would like to know what genes they are hiding.

ETA: I think they might produce a Bay Silver Dapple Blanket Appaloosa, though a lot of their unknown genes are a 50/50 chance. I don't understand the genes very well, but I tried drawing out the Punnett Squares and hopefully I did it right. xP

Ryuukokoro

Same is true for me, PM, you may use any drafts of mine with no fee. Genes are a great mystery to Ryuu, though, so not sure what they would produce.

http://stable.colbyforkicks.com/gallery/v/Horse+Owners/Ryuukokoro

PonyMama

You guys are awesome, I will let you know

Lectral

My two drafts are available as well, I believe the mare is just chestnut with flaxen, high whites (could be sabino, but I don't think she is really), could have the agouti gene hiding in there. The stallion is bay, plain, could carry red, not sure; neither have been bred, so have no idea what they may be hiding!

YourLoveOnly

I cán tell you Ryuu's Bandy is heterozygous tobiano. She used to be mine, I bred her once and the tobiano didn't show up.

Aaaand I will go hunt through my Drafties tomorrow if you haven't decided by then, I'm a bit tired now.

PonyMama

Ryuu I know you want to sell some of yours eventually so I am nto too sure if you are still allowing this, but I woudl love to use this guy:

and I would love to use him with this girl owned by Cutiee

If anyone has any idea what they coudl give me please let me know while I wait for confirmation

CutieePiee

Well she is a Chestnut Flaxen Blanket Appaloosa. I've coded her genes as:  ?? ee cc rr dd gg ww L? Nn tt oo ?? ff zz ??

Not too sure what kind of foal they would make though.

Ravvana

50% to 100% chance of roan.
50% to 100% chance of some kind of appaloosa (any kind is possible).
50% to 100% chance of being black-based; 0% to 50% chance being chestnut-based.
Agouti will have at least one little "a."
Flaxen will have at least one little "f."

Silvanon

There's no guarantees with that breeding.  If it were me making the guess I'd pick "Bay Roan Appaloosa" as the most likely guess to get points.

Silvanon

Is that a hint as to Winona's genes Rav?  ;)  If Winona carries AA then Black would have 0% chance, it'd be superceded by Bay.  If she carries at least one "a" then Black has a chance at showing.

PonyMama

I don't geneally have any luck with guesses anyways so even if I get wrong I won't mind, I just think they would make pretty baby

Bay Roan Appy you say?  Ok I may try that guess, see how well it does if Ryuu is still fine with me using her boy

Ravvana

Quote from: Silvanon on March 17, 2010, 06:44:51 PM
Is that a hint as to Winona's genes Rav?  ;)  If Winona carries AA then Black would have 0% chance, it'd be superceded by Bay.  If she carries at least one "a" then Black has a chance at showing.

About the black-based part? No, I was just talking about the E gene when I mentioned black-based vs. chestnut base, not the agouti. Mom would have ee and dad either EE (100% black foal) or Ee (50% black, 50% chestnut). All we know about the agouti is that dad would offer up a little "a."

Silvanon

Ah, ok. So yes, Bay is still hanging out there as a possibility.  And, being the dominante gene, in an unknown breeding that's what I'd guess at. 

Ryuukokoro

Ebil will be staying with me so it is fine for you to breed him. ^_^ I can't wait to see babies!

PonyMama

Yay I will go post the breed int eh thread, so please Cutiee and Ryuu when you see me post can you confirm my use of them

*Is excited*