News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

*Stable* Found

Started by PonyMama, March 18, 2010, 05:53:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PonyMama

Ok so I may need help mapping her genetics but want to see what she may be hiding.  So I will need help as to what would be best to breed with her and what could be produced.  For all I knwo hse has nothing special

Please let me know your breed fee right up front

*updated
will be needing a Plain black or chestnut, so I can try and get more of her genetic code

YourLoveOnly

I have no plans for my light boys, so feel free to browse through my owner folder and contact me if you're interested. ^^

I can help a little, but you're probably better off asking advice from Silv or someone like that who knows a lot about the genetics.

PonyMama

will go take a peek, thanks YLO

Loving a few, My favorites so far are 184 & 220

Dunkel.Prinzessin204

I have a red roan dun male you could breed her with.

PonyMama

this is the one I may end up using if I go with YLO:

Just want to post so all my options are right in the same area

Silvanon

PonyMama - as far as finding out your gal's genes, the best matches are recessive colors, and to avoid any dominante-gene patterns.

So, you'd be wanting blacks and chestnuts.  Flaxen is fine, but for the most info, you want to avoid Roan, Dun, Tobiano, Silver Dapple, and anything with a cream gene (palomino, cremello, buckskin, perlino, smokey black and smokey cream).  

Overo, and Appaloosa are special cases, since they have modifier genes paired with them that you want to find out about.  To find out about the main genes you need to breed to non-appy and non-overo, but to find out about the modifier genes, for appy breed to a leopard or snowflake, and for overo breed to a frame or splash.  

Finally, you want to breed to a fleabitten grey to find out about her fleabite genes.

Edit to add:  I'm going off the assumption that she's white, as that's what she looks like to me.  If she's grey, then I'll change my advice a bit.

PonyMama

in my help thread I put her as white and Rav didn't correct me on it, so I do guess she is white

springacres

Beau is available for free (I'm not a registered barn, and anyway I want to figure out his genetics too lol)

Known genetics: ?? ee cc dd rr ww gg ll ?n tt oo ?? F? ?z ??

He has produced a dark bay, but the foal was out of a grey dam so we don't know who masked the A gene.

And when his son grows up, he too will be available if you want to find out about Appaloosa genes:

Known genes: A? Ee cc rr dd gg ww L? nn Tt oo ?? ?? zz ??

PonyMama

Ok I updated it, I will be looking for a Plain Black or Plain Chesnut.  If I can't find anything suitable I may just use my black boy Kayode

YourLoveOnly

I have a plain black boy, Should Be Loved, who is available for free.

PonyMama

well maybe we will go that route then if you don't mind me using him.  I will have to use the other another time for some other reason as she is just too pretty

I will set it up once I get out of the shower

YourLoveOnly

That's fine ^^
I'll keep an eye on the thread to give permission :)