News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

Quin Breeding Projects

Started by Ryuukokoro, September 28, 2010, 08:59:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Luv007

WOW-- I'm completely confused.

Every time I sit down and examine TheStable genes, I think I'm starting to understand it, but when I try to understand anything past that, I get completely lost.

So in the interest of breeding projects and whatnot, I have a few questions......

Can a bay mustang bred chestnut sabino overo mustang make a bay frame overo baby???

The agouti gene just completely blows my mind... and I haven't been able to wrap my mind around it completely, but I *kind of* am starting to get a general idea behind the other genes..... the more I look....

Ryuukokoro

That was exactly how I was too, luv! Slowly, little by little, I started to catch on, the more I played with The Stable and Quinsta lol. Agouti is the most confusing thing, I think. It was the hardest for me to 'get'. I understood all the other genes long before I grasped how agouti works.

Breeding bay to chestnut can give you a bay baby, yup. You might also get a chestnut, or even a black! And I THINK (not positive) that you can get the frame marking from sabino (it depends on the genes of the other non-sabino parent), but I think you're much more likley to get frame from frame.

Luv007

Thank you, Ryuu!  I am aware I'm not likely to get the frame, but so long as there is a chance, I'm going for it! ..... or at least the way I am looking at the genes, I have a chance, and your conformation helps!!

VERY slowly, but surely I'm figuring gene by gene. :)

skysnolimit

Let's update this, shall we?!  *grins*

Roan is now in Andalusian, Friesian, and Luestin!

Dun is in Friesian and Luestin!

Gray is in Friesian and Luestin!

Appaloosa Snowflake is in Arabian and Luestin!

Appaloosa Blanket is in Arabian, Friesian, Luestin!

Appaloosa Leopard is in Andalusian, Arabian, Friesian, and Luestin!

Flaxen is in Andalusian!

Silver Dapple is in Friesian!

I know for a fact that I missed a ton--this wasn't thorough, just from my memory.  And there are new breeds too XD;  Can we collectively fill in the gaps?

Sarah Badr

TheLeet

snowflake and blanket appy in clydes :)

CutieePiee

Frame Overo is in Mustangs!

I'm lucky to own 2 of them.  ;D

Ryuukokoro

lol! You guys, I made this thread in 2011! XD

I have a more recent one that is updated except for this breeding season and last season, I'll bump that one and lock this.