News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

[Lire'Jeune] Genetics Discussion

Started by tbiris, June 21, 2012, 06:33:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tbiris

Introduction
So I'm not sure how savvy everyone is in regards to genetics, I'm going to explain as if you know the basics of dominance. If further explanations need to be given please do let me know and I'll edit to further detail the explanations.

A general summary of everything for those that just want a general summary of what's currently known/unknown.

General terminology for the jeune can be described below. These terms will be used throughout the explanation.

Basics

The top row for each section displays the visibility of a gene. 2 is treated as visible, 1 is carried and 0 the jeune doesn't have the gene.

2 2's will breed a 2, a 2 and a 1 will give 50% 2's and 50% 1's. A 2 and a 0 will give a 1, two 1's give 25% 2's, 50% 1's, and 25% 0's. A 1 and a 0 will have 50/50 for either or, and 0 and a 0 will give a 0.

The top decides species (first section), mutations (second section) and markings (third section) while the bottom decides color. The bottom sections are divided into eye color, body color, and marking color.

The only visible pattern differences that can be seen for starter jeune are mottled, colorblind, rainbow eyes, shadowed rainbow and pure rainbow.

Starter Basics

Starters will never be a different species, show mutations or markings. There are a few things that can occur in starters (although some are rather rare).

Mottled shows when the body color has 2's in two consecutive columns BEFORE the visible body color.

Colorblind shows when there's no visible color in the eye section and rainbow eyes when there's no carried genes in the eye section.

Shadowed rainbow and pure rainbow are similar to colorblind and rainbows eyes, but in the body section.

Bottom rows

For the top, the bottom row is filled with either A or b. These decide which version of a specific gene shows. In species it decides between full or sub species, mutations is usually the different between a full expression and a partial.

It's currently unknown how the dominance works for A and b.

For the top, the bottom row is filled with n, l and d. These show the shade of the color that shows. N is normal, l is light, and d is dark.

It's currently unknown how the dominance works for n, l and d.

Species

There are four species of Jeune: forest, desert, sea and mountain. Their gene location is in the same order.

If the column is 2A it will show the full species, however with 2b it will show the subspecies. A subspecies may also show with a full species.

It may also be possible for two subspecies to be visible at the same time.

Colors also appear in different column locations. What would be black in a normal jeune may be purple in a full forest jeune for example.

Mutations known

2xxxxxx A is horns, b is spikes

x2xxxxx A is mane, b is head tuft

xx2xxxx A is large dragon wings, b is large feather wings

xxx2xxx A is dragon wings, b is feather wings

xxxx2xx A is armored, b is unknown

xxxxx2x A is dragon tail, b is fluffy tail

xxxxxx2 A is jewel eyes, b is unknown

Markings known

2xxxxxxxx A is belly marking, b is body fade

x2xxxxxxx A is verticle stripes, b is multiple verticle stripes

xx2xxxxxx A is unknown, b is multiple horizontal stripes

xxx2xxxxx A is unknown, b is dual paint

xxxx2xxxx A is leopard, b is full leopard

xxxxx2xxx A is showa koi, b is tancho showa koi

xxxxxx2xx A is war paint, b is tribal

xxxxxxx2x A is bioluminescent, b is firefly

xxxxxxxx2 A is unknown, b is scaled

Currently unknown (as of June 21, 2012)

-All colors for the other species (bits and pieces of all)

-Marking equivalent for rainbow

-Marking colors need to be confirmed for normals

-How dual marking colors are chosen

-Probably a lot more I'm forgetting.

Overwhelmed?

I made a nifty little program. Bugs for it can be posted here as well. There's a EXE and a JAR file available for download and you'll likely have to update Java for it as well.

http://aaa.lasolistia.com/jeune/Jeune.exe
http://aaa.lasolistia.com/jeune/Jeune.jar
Current version: 3.2

In Version 3.3
-Added new mutation
-Fixed up marking colors (when no marking colors body color is used)

To identify genes, only paste the code into the Jeune 1 section and press the button. To breed, paste both genetic information into the two boxes and hit breed. The information will show in the respective areas to describe the jeune.

Please feel free to ask any questions here and I'll do my best to answer and clarify.

Solistia

So much awesome tb *u* /links everywhere

Keilin Alyr

I am so ready to discover some more of those marking colors. And to breed the heck out of my first pretty. Can't wait to have some breeding fun. *cracks knuckles* ^^

No longer has zombie eyeballs. May still have a craving for brains, as there's no intelligence or sanity left in hers. XD