News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

[Nom Breeding] Looking for Noms to Use & Suggestions

Started by Ravvana, October 01, 2012, 11:38:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ravvana

I just reached the top of the waiting list to breed Noms for the very first time :D

I have quite a few females Noms I like, but no males that seem like good pairs for them.

1) If you have a male Nom I can use, please post! <3

2) If you have suggestions for which of my females to breed (since I can breed as few as 1 or as many as 5), I am very open to them :)

(getting from YLO once I finish her piggies)

(getting from YLO once I finish her piggies)

Winged

I have this boy, if you're interested? He's not fancy but i think he has nice colours. From the flower mimics ages ago. I think he'd go nicely with your third or last girl there. I'd love to see some nomlets from the first or third girls you have! If you choose him i'd like a nomlet if that's possible.

ETA: Or an exchange of breed, i'm two down the list from you.
Owner of Gliders!

YourLoveOnly

I have a ton of boys and am always very willing to help figure out pairings. It depends on what you want, if you want to achieve certain colors or pairings or short lines or whatever, I am up for helping with anything! There are actually some people, like sera, who always PM me when it's their turn xD I love plotting Nom breedings! I think I defenitely have some boys that would go very well with your ladies <3

I do ask for a baby in return for borrowing a male, but if you want to borrow more than 2 males we can do 2 babies + Stable customs maybe, since you can only breed 5 babies and keep up to 3 so I would never request more than 2 babies.

Keilin Alyr

YLO's awesome with suggesting pairings. Cait and her lovely markings were from her inspiration. ^^

And most of my boys are available for breeding, with the exception of my Misha and Cait-patterned boys (so Milo, Misha, and my Name Me), since they've been bred quite a bit very recently. Of my girls, only Cait is unavailable.

http://www.secundi.net/pets.php?AgencyID=15&ID=375

I personally wouldn't mind seeing Nomlets from Dimitri and Lillie or Garland and your monarch-winged girl, although I'd recommend some bees to guarantee some nice additional wing markings. =)

No longer has zombie eyeballs. May still have a craving for brains, as there's no intelligence or sanity left in hers. XD

Ravvana

YLO: I prefer short lines but longer are okay as long as there isn't any inbreeding. Dutch and Harlequin and Checkered are patterns I could use more of (least favorites are Hotot and Tan), and I love Splash wings although I really feel you can't go wrong with any wings (Vines are the only wings I don't love as much). I'm least a fan of grey, but I could really use more creams, and coppers/tans and browns, and black. I'd love some purple wings, or teal/cyan/blue -- also magenta, red, and yellow depending on base color. I also really love "unique" patterns (ie my monarch).

Hope that helps XD;

edit: Ooh, seeing Keilin's Vision reminds me that I'd like to get a Flight Nom, too :)

BabyKittenCandy

I only have 2 normal males but you would be welcome to use eiher of them. Both are pretty short lined

http://www.secundi.net/critterpage.php?ID=547482

http://www.secundi.net/critterpage.php?ID=549841

Fee for either of them would be a Nomlet

toffeeca

You are welcome to use any of my noms for breedings, the fee would be one nomlet. Unfortunately I cannot help with pairing them, for I really love your monarch nom :D

YourLoveOnly

Have to eat dinner, will get back to you on this tonight or at the latest tomorrow morning when I wake up. Will give you one or more recommendations for each girl, looking at your wishlist, my boys and the other boys people offered :)

Also, if I recall correctly, the butterfly mimics cannot pass their wing patterns, but I'm not sure if the wing colors used for the monarch's wing pattern will influence the wing pattern color on the babies or if just the black color of the wing base passes on.

Silvanon

Ryuukokoro

I have one boy with a Unique Coat that might interest you.

Fiver from the book/movie/cartoon series Watership Down

And here's my Flight Nom boy if you'd like to breed a Flight Nom. :3 He's been bred a lot so he has a lot of offspring out there, but he's a starter so he's not inbred at all, just be careful checking the pedigree of his mate before partnering him up with someone.

Most of my Unique Coats are girls. Not sure if you're interested in borrowing a girl? But if you want you can borrow a male and female from me and I'll still only ask for one baby in return. :3

TheLeet

Quote from: YourLoveOnly on October 01, 2012, 12:48:34 PM
Also, if I recall correctly, the butterfly mimics cannot pass their wing patterns, but I'm not sure if the wing colors used for the monarch's wing pattern will influence the wing pattern color on the babies or if just the black color of the wing base passes on.
I just wanted to say that the wing colours do influence the colours of the patterns on the babies' wings. And also the base colour I used for the monarch mimic's wings is actually orange. :)

edited to add: you can use any of my boys for free if you like. They never get a chance to have babies XD

They're all 1st gen :)

YourLoveOnly

Thanks, that helps with plotting! I'm not feeling well so I'll get back to on pairings in the morning Ravv, which should be between 0:00 and 05:00 secundi time.

Keilin Alyr

Ooh, Leet, I'm gonna... um, "borrow" your third Nom boy over there, hope you don't mind... >.> XD

No longer has zombie eyeballs. May still have a craving for brains, as there's no intelligence or sanity left in hers. XD

SGA

You're welcome to use any of my noms, breeding fee is just one nomlet.

Edit: bleurgh wrong account lol they are on my Kadana Sorano account :)
Storm Chasers: Equipping/Training event : http://www.secundi.net/forum.php?topic=6559.0
Storm Chaser's Stat Allocation: http://www.secundi.net/forum.php?topic=8619.0
Storm Chasers: Customs Thread (Closed) : http://www.secundi.net/forum.php?topic=3691.0

CutieePiee

You can use any of mine, but a few suggestions...

PonyMama

I have some boys for you to pick through as well, as for pairings, it is up to you, I think I just had fun with my very first Nom breeding

ETA: i do prefer one nomlet as a fee if you use one of mine (which is pretty standard)

springacres

You can use any of mine as well, fee is one nomlet.  A few suggestions:
- Silver, named for the Watership Down character (I also have buns named Fiver, Sandwort, Nelthilta and Nildro-hain /random)
- Honghui

Ravvana

Wow, you guys are wonderful :) So many awesome Noms to choose from. I await YLO's generous expertise for the most part, but wanted to note two boys I love <3

I must say that I adore Keilin's Vision and really want to breed him with one of my girls. Does he have a fee, Keilin?

Leet, your Blåvand is amazing, and I cannot believe he has no kids yet. If YLO has a recommendation for pairing him with any of mine I'll take you up on your offer <3

And anyone that didn't specify fees... let me know! I obviously cannot pick five different males with Nomlet fees each since I'll be left without any babies to keep XD; So I need to take that into consideration, too.

YourLoveOnly

-drowns in a sea of Noms- Here we go!

Something to keep in mind: Out of the 5 Noms you can breed 2 with mom's pattern, 2 with dad's pattern and one with a combined pattern. There's also an item that gives the baby a random non-unique pattern. So borrowing 5 boys with a unique pattern might seem tempting, but you can't pass all of them along to offspring and people tend to always request a Nomlet in return for unique marking Noms so I'd use some non-unique ones too.

You do have two girls with unique patterns (Monarch and Kelsey) so you could breed all unique pattern babies if you want (using mom's carrots on your girls, borrowing two unique boys and using dad's carrots and then of course there's the purple carrot who combines the parents' patterns to create a unique one).

Following that logic, a Nom with a pattern you dislike doesn't have to be an issue as you can use an item to pass the pattern from the other parent, or a random pattern, or a combined pattern.

I personally prefer to use 3 to 5 pairs and breed a maximum of 2 babies per pair, so I have unrelated Noms I could possibly pair to each other next season.

Monarch lady - You said you'd love to use Vision, I'd say go with this girl. You could pass her pattern to a Flight Nom baby and I think their wing colors combine nicely as well. He has two patterns so the baby can have between none and two, if you want a guarantee that the offspring will have a wing pattern you could use the snail that provides a random one.

Kimiko - She's grey and you said you wanted to avoid that, but in case you do breed her I'll give some recommendations. I'd nót pair her with something too warm/orange (so no colors like Nina has), it will probably create a bodycolor similair to Kelsey so that's not good for variety. I'd also not pair her with black because that's just gonna get you shades of grey. Instead I'd go for a dark brown that has a hint of black/grey, like spring's Silver, toffeeca's Croci or Kei's Dimitri:

Lillie - I have a Name Me boy with a unique pattern that matches ridicilously well with your girl. His pattern has also proven to give stunning results when combined with a pattern that has lots of white, so this may be a pairing you want to use a purple carrot on. I'd expect darker browns and blacks from this combo. You could also go a totally different route and create various shades of warm browns and brightening up her wings by using a Nom such as my Magic. You said you dislike tan so his unique body pattern may not appeal to you, in which case I'd either breed a baby with English Spots like momma or use the snail that gives a random premade body pattern (always a fun option!).

Kelsey - considering you want more warm colors I would consider nót using Kelsey as her body color is quite pale and greyish, but I understand her unique pattern makes her tempting and she can throw stunning babies with the right boy. She has the same pattern as daddy Troy, just so you know how it looks on male lines. If you use her I'd recommend using a warm orangy brown boy. There are lots of nice options for that, like Ryuu's Fiver, Cutiee's Mousse, PM's Eze, my Sage or my Ricky:

(Sage is 4th gen, the others all 1st gen. Sage and Ricky are related to Nina so you could not cross the offspring from such a pairing with Nina or any of her offspring. There were also some boys that had the body color I was looking for but I felt the wing colors wouldn't make a pretty combo so I left those boys out.)

Nina - I noticed you said you really like Blavand so I considered who he'd go best with. He could also go with Lillie but that has the potential of plain wings and only a black pattern (if you go that route I recommend using the snail that adds a random wing pattern), so I prefer pairing him with Nina. It would give you lovely warm and dark shades of brown and has the possibility of brightening Nina's wings and giving the offspring up to three wing patterns. Personally I'd love to see dad's pattern on female lines. I was kinda hoping to throw a purple or blue winged boy at Nina, but those boys tend to have greyish body colors so I thought Blavand would be best used here <3

In case you decide against using one or both of your paler girls I also want to suggest pairings using your girl Fai. Her wings are really dark but I think with the right mate she can give really interesting babies. I actually have boys for all intends and purposes XD If you want to brighten her up you could use my Florian or for a more natural look my Pumpkin, for warm browns and a chance of purple wings I once against suggest Ricky or for a darker complimentary Nom I suggest Looky.

I love the wings on Winged's boy and BKC's second boy but I don't think their body colors make the best match for your girls at this point since you were trying to steer away from the greyish shades and add more color to your herd. Same with both of Silv's boys, the first has awesome color combos and the second a gorgeous pattern but I don't think they're quite right for your goals.

Let me know if you need any further help on deciding what items to use on what pairs or whatever else you may want. If borrowing from my Noms I do want at least one Nomlet, but we can discuss an alternate fee for additional studs if you want to borrow multiples (more piggie mimics! 8D)

Edit: Added in images that show the possible pairings, at first I just posted the individual Noms but they wouldn't line up nicely.

Oh hey look, it took me almost 2.5 hours to put everything together this time, pairing and images XD I'm getting faster! XD -shot- I love Nom breedings <3

Ryuukokoro

Goodness! No one gets technical like YLO when it comes to Nom breedings! XD

Winged

Wow tons of pairings! YLO, i'll be asking for your help with mine soon, i'm two down.
Owner of Gliders!

YourLoveOnly

Please do ;D In case it wasn't obvious yet, I really really like doing this XD I love Nom breedings and since it's quite a long wait before it's your turn once more I love being able to plot for other people in between <3

Ravvana

YLO, you are amazing XD I'll need to read back through after class to make decisions.

Keilin Alyr

Ooh, so many very nice pairings, YLO.

Vision/Monarch was going to be on my suggestion list as well, since I think their coats would purple-carrot very nicely (with a beautiful unique coat for white carrots), though I wasn't sure if Rav would want more color variety in her Nomlets. =3

Ravvana

I really like...

1) My Monarch x Keilin's Vision (fee?) -- use White Carrot and Amber and Neon Snail
2) My Lillie x YLO's Name Me (Nomlet fee) -- use Purple Carrot
3) My Nina x Leet's Blavand (no fee) -- use Orange Carrot and Pink Flower
4) My Fai x YLO's Florian (Nomlet or piggy fee) -- use Orange Carrot and Pink Flower ((or would breeding my Black Velvet with Florian, using those same items, give me a chance of a Nom like Misha?))

Maybe Monarch x Vision could have two Nomlets, with the second using just a White Carrot and Neon Snail? I otherwise wasn't sure for a fifth pair...

And feedback on items would be great since I'm useless XD

YourLoveOnly

Misha is a purple carrot result actually, not Florian's pattern on girl lines and TheLeet usually makes purple carrot babies from the same pattern combo quite different than the last time, which makes sense since they're supposed to be a unique pattern. So I'd stick to using Fai since that would produce all sorts of browns which is good for the color variety you were hoping for. I do expect the purple carrot baby from Name me x Lillie will be similair heavily spotted pattern in a dark color though.

I think your pairings look great! Only added note I have is I remember you saying not liking vines, so a way around that would be using a bee on Fai x Florian.

I do expect Keilin to request a Nomlet too, but maybe since she's quite close to the top of the list she may accept a RB/stud in return.

For a fifth baby I think the most interesting options are:
- Do another baby from pair one like you suggested with white carrot (I'd go with male baby then so you have her pattern on the male lines as well, just for variety)
- Use a snail on your favorite pairing colorwise to give a random premade body pattern (I think mine would be Fai x Florian or Kimiko x Croci, although that last one might give you trouble with too many Nomlet fees). It has a chance of giving you a body pattern you do not like as much, but it could also give you one of the premade body patterns you said you'd like more of.
- Use the final white carrot on Kelsey, because she also has a unique pattern. This will give you five babies from different pairs, each one with a different unique pattern. With Mousse, Sage or Ricky there's a chance at purple wings! Using Mousse would make all the babies unrelated to each other, but you might get into trouble with Nomlet fees then XD Using Sage or Ricky will have a non inbred baby, no worries there, you just can't breed this offspring with Nina or her offspring.

Ravvana

Yay, final plan!

1) My Monarch x Keilin's Vision -- White Carrot and Amber and Neon Snail
2) My Monarch x Keilin's Vision -- White Carrot and Neon Snail and Blue Flower
3) My Lillie x YLO's Name Me -- Purple Carrot
4) My Nina x Leet's Blavand -- Orange Carrot and Pink Flower
5) My Fai x YLO's Florian -- Orange Carrot and Pink Flower

YourLoveOnly

Yay! I'll send in my permissions asap once you submit the breedings =D
And if Keilin wants a Nomlet we can do a piggy fee for the other one, if she wants a stud/RB instead then I'd love two Nomlets, especially since both of my boys have unique patterns.

Also, good luck deciding on keepers once they arrive @_@ I bet it's gonna be hard with all of them being unique patterns! I think I'd be most interested in baby 2 or 5 myself, but I bet any Nomlet will make me a happy YLO <3

Ravvana

Yes, next hurdle will be selecting my keepers. I definitely want the Flight Nom, and the purple carrot one sounds amazing... But I'll have to wait and see <3 Noms are definitely one of the most fun adoptables to breed XD

Ravvana

I sent in my breeding request to Leet and PMed Keilin about Vision's fee :)

You might need to give me permission to use Nina, too, depending on that timing. The piggie for her is done but not uploaded so I understand if you don't want to trade her over to me just yet.

YourLoveOnly

Yeah I noticed none of them are uploaded yet so have sent permissions in for both boys and both girls.