News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

{Ore Drakes} The Expedition Outpost | OPEN

Started by SeaCrest, May 06, 2019, 10:38:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SeaCrest

Ember
You appear to have several options; a sturdy stick would allow you to pry open the mechanism that shuts the trap when it is triggered, a nearby rock looks like it is big enough to wedge the door open, or you could take the trap and drop it into the pool at the base of the waterfall. You could also try maneuvering a heavy rock to crush it, but you're not convinced that you can lift one that would do enough damage. Do you...

• Use the stick to render the trap harmless?
  • Use a rock to wedge the door?
  • Drop it into the water?
  • Try to drop a rock on it to crush it enough to prevent a drake from crawling inside?

Ryuukokoro

The day was proving to be fair with a light breeze, which I appreciated. Despite my adventurous spirit, I still never liked to sweat if I could possibly avoid it. I waved to Barnaby as he drove away and did a hasty check to make sure my two Drakes weren't still tucked inside the jeep, playing 'hide and go seek' without telling mom about it before hand. (Wouldn't be the first time.)

Cross was curled around my shoulders, ever the mama's boy, so he was easily accounted for. Marbled Moss, or Moss for short, was the more adventurous type. This wasn't very lucky for me personally, since his green patterned hide blended in perfectly with the forest foliage, and he was easy to lose. Luckily his scales had a sheen to them that caught the sunlight, so I was able to spot him as long as I searched carefully. I finally spotted the green Drake down by the edge of the lake, hovering over some reeds growing close to the edge of the water.

"What are you doing, Moss?" I asked, following the Drake down to the water's edge. Thinking maybe he had spotted something worth investigating, I started poking around in the reeds, not minding if my clawed feet got wet, since I had left my shoes at home anyway. Draconic feet rarely needed them.

SeaCrest

Ryuukokoro || Ryuu
Exploring the reeds, unfortunately, yields nothing more than some very muddy feet and a rather angry waterfowl - it's a breed you don't recognize, but it squawks indignantly at you and flaps in your face to drive you away from what you can only assume is a nest. Your drakes are displeased by this rough treatment of you, but you manage to calm them down and avoid further fracas. You doubt Dr. Farrowstead or Dr. Wong would appreciate a report consisting of "we terrified some local wildlife."

Well, since that was a bit disappointing, you decide to move on. Do you...

• Go for a swim?
  • Look around some more?
  • Turn around and go home?

Ryuukokoro

Sputtering and spitting out a bronze-colored feather, I hastily backpeddled, almost tripping over my own wings as I hurried to vacate the animal's territory. Cross looked like he might consider leaping off my shoulder to teach the bird a thing or two, so I quickly calmed him by stroking down his back and twitching tail.

"We're guests," I reminded the multi-colored Drake with a gentle voice, while at the same time keeping an eye on the hovering Moss to make sure he didn't dive-bomb the nesting bird. Keeping track of two Drakes, I was quickly realizing, was not easy. I was thankful I had a lot of years of experience raising various adoptable critters. Small, agile, airborn Drakes had more complications than most!

Once I was out of the danger area, the bird ignored me and both Drakes calmed down. It was then I noticed my clawed feet had become covered in mud. Making a face, I looked around at the forest and then turned back to the lake. "Well, a little dip wouldn't hurt," I reasoned. "Just to wash off the mud." I was wearing shorts and a T-shirt, and the day was warm so I figured I would dry off quickly afterward.

Plus, I reasoned to myself as I walked to the lake and started wading in for a quick swim, I hadn't yet discovered if Drakes liked the water or not, so this was a good opportunity.

SeaCrest

Ryuukokoro || Ryuu
You added 1x Fish to your expedition inventory!

Your drakes take to water as if they were born there, frolicking happily. As you wash off your feet, one of your drakes dives down, coming up with a silver fish as its prize. However, they have just eaten, so your drake brings the fish to you instead of eating it themself. There are no signs of any other wildlife around, except the fish and the angry bird. Do you...

• Look around some more?
  • Head into the forest?

Ryuukokoro

I had to laugh as Moss came up out of the water with a sparkling prize. "What are you doing, you silly beast?" I chuckled, my clawed hands raised to fend off the splashing as Moss flapped his wings and flopped over to me, showering me with not only water but also dropping the slippery fish into my palms. Instinctively I tightened my grip before it could fall back into the lake.

"Okay, okay, that's enough fun in the water," I told my two kiddos, before they got any more ideas of hunting the local wildlife. Taking the fish with me, I sloshed to shore, and both Drakes eagerly followed.

Since we had disturbed both the nesting bird and the aquatic life in the lake, I thought it would be best to head into the forest and give the wildlife in this area a break. First I took a moment to ring out my long, brown hair and give myself a good shake to get some of the water off my skin. Then, stowing the fish-prize with my other gear (Moss would be heartbroken if I left it behind), I whistled to my two Drakes and heading into the woods.

SeaCrest

Ryuukokoro || Ryuu
It's warm even in the shade of the trees, which tower above you like the ancient sentinels they must be. The vegetation isn't too thick here, mostly consisting of large, leafy plants that somewhat resemble monstera plants, but you proceed cautiously anyway. There are no predators here, but it seems prudent to be careful.

Presently, you come across what appears to be the Odekka equivalent of a deer path - what the "deer" might be, you aren't sure, but they probably are not the same deer you might meet at home. Do you...

• Head east?
  • Head west?
  • Ignore the path and continue in the same direction?

Ryuukokoro

Exploring was one of my greatest hobbies, so being 'lost' in the forest only got my blood pumping for a real adventure. I kept an eye on the two Drakes as I walked, listening for the sounds of the forest and trying to guess what creatures or natural phenomenon might be making each one.

As I had known from our time together thus far, the two Drakes each had distinct personalities. Cross was no more cautious than Moss when he got excited, but he was much more laid back most of the time and was content to rest on me and save his energy. If not on my shoulder, he was happy to curl up on top of my pack as I trekked through the trees.

Moss, on the other claw, wanted to be in the center of all the action. I could see him flitting from one tree to the next, poking his snout into hollowed logs and through thick bushes, attempting to lick and chew the few exposed rocks we found that were uncovered on the forest floor. Thankfully he seemed happy to use me as the center of his compass, darting out to explore but always coming back to check on me before striking out in a new direction.

By the time we came across the natural path in the trees, I was ready for a new direction myself. Being left-handed, I automatically chose west, then took a moment first to make a mark for myself, should I need to find my way back to the lake. I didn't want to damage one of the trees, so instead I used the Machete in my pack to dig a deep 'X' on the ground at the base of a tree beside the path where I turned west, and then piled a small pyramid of stones beside it to be more eye-catching. Moss stole one of the pebbles to crunch on, but for the most part the marker was intact was we walked away down the path.

SeaCrest

Ryuukokoro || Ryuu
Turning west, you find yourself climbing steadily. It is a very gentle slope, so you aren't sure how long you have been climbing when the trees begin to thin, revealing a curiously neat patch of tall fruit trees. They grew in mostly straight rows, and were evenly spaced, although there was no rhyme or reason to their patterns - some bear bright orange-yellow fruit, while others bear something more similar to apples, although it doesn't seem to be quite the right season for the apples that you know. Others are completely bare of fruit, although the different shape, color, and size of their leaves indicates that there are two or three different species that are not currently in fruit.

Do you...

• Take a yellow fruit.
  • Take an "apple."
  • Leave all the fruit. You don't know what it is, and whether or not it is poisonous.
  • Stop and see if other creatures have been eating the fallen fruit.
  • Turn around and go home.

YourLoveOnly

Because I can see some half eaten ones, I deem them safe to eat. Although if only half eaten, maybe not very tasteful. Still, I sample them myself. Better risk myself not feeling well over risking Moridin's health.

SeaCrest

YourLoveOnly || YLO
The berry is tart, drying out your mouth almost instantly after you swallow, confirming your suspicions that they are not particularly tasty. You give it a minute, but you feel no ill effects. If they're poisonous, they're not affecting you just yet, or perhaps it isn't in a large enough dosage.

Do you...

• Take some for later?
  • Offer one to your drake?
  • Continue onwards?

YourLoveOnly

SeaCrest

YourLoveOnly || YLO
You have obtained 1x Rissica Berry!

You pocket some berries, and then continue on your way through the forest, batting at trailing vines that seem to try and deliberately tangle themselves around your feet. Presently, you arrive at the body of water you were eyeing earlier - it is, indeed, a lake, although it is rather on the small side, with a sandy, muddy sort of beach.

Do you...

• Go for a swim?
  • Look around some more?
  • Investigate the reeds?

Ember

Little brain dead right now so...

Ember uses the stick to render the trap harmless.

YourLoveOnly

I can always explore later, for now I will take a swim!

Saturnalia

Vay is startled by the fit of darkness, and not entirely sure she wants much more to do with this cave. At the same time, she's a stubborn girl.

Still, she isn't dumb, and she knows that there are some rules that should always be followed-- and greediness is never the right answer.

She sets the bundle down carefully, backing up a few steps with her empty hands palm-up. Speaking in a low tone, she murmurs, "Is this yours? Here you are. What are you doing here, anyway, lovely?"

Out of the corner of her eye she glances around to see where Cavaiya is.

SeaCrest

Ember
You have obtained 1x Bismuth Crystal!

After disarming the trap, you decide to take the bait, just in case. Pocketing the bait, and making sure in the process that the trap really is disarmed, you move away as quickly as you can. You'd rather not get caught by whoever set the trap. You make a mental note to tell Dr. Wong or Barnaby as soon as you see them that there seems to be a poacher on the island.

Do you...

• Go for a quick swim?
  • Continue looking around the falls?
  • Leave the area immediately and head north?
  • Leave the area immediately and head west?
  • Leave the area immediately and head east?

YourLoveOnly || YLO
You have obtained 1x Copper Ore!
You wade into the water, which is surprisingly comfortable, and not as cold as you might have guessed. Your drake frolics happily in the lake, which tells you that drakes are pretty much comfortable on land, in the air, and in water.

The two of you spend some time just splashing around and relaxing in the lake, but eventually, you decide it's time to get back to work. As you wade your way back to shore, your drake rushes over with a shiny prize in its mouth. It's a Copper Ore! You pocket the ore and think about what to do next.

Do you...

• Investigate the reeds?
  • Look around some more?
  • Leave the lake and head north?
  • Leave the lake and head east?

Saturnalia || Vayshedruvon
The white drake remains still as a statue as you put the bundle down and back away, the only indication that they notice you at all a slight tilt of their head as they consider you with eyes black as night. They seem to swallow the light of your lamp, giving no reflections whatsoever.

The drake looks you up and down as you speak, and, seeming somehow satisfied, spreads its wings and glides down to where you left the bundle, placing one claw on the knot that holds the fabric together. It's still looking at you, and you're unsure what it intends until it pushes the bundle towards you, clearly offering it to you.

Do you...

• Take the bundle and open it now?
  • Take the bundle and open it later?
  • Decline the gift?

Ember

Ember decides after putting the bait away ti make haste leaving the area. Calling for Eldritch, she quickly makes her way east.

Saturnalia

Vay watches the drake, glad that it seems pleased with her choice. When it offers the bundle, she gives a little nod of her head to it. "Thank you," she says.

Her curiosity gets the better of her, and she carefully picks up the bundle. She'd like to know what's inside, in part to make sure that she can carry or pack it away appropriately, so that it won't get broken or roughed up on the adventure.

With another glance at the white drake, Vay slowly and gingerly unwraps the bundle.

SeaCrest

Ember
Heading east, you enter the forest once more, although the makeup of the forest is changing as you begin to descend down a gentle slope. A bird startles out of the bushes in your path, and you flinch, but recover quickly. Your drake scolds the bird briefly, but the two of you carry on without further interruptions until it becomes clear that you're leaving the forest again, emerging on a charred expanse. A few shoots of green speckle the blackened landscape, which stretches for several yards in either direction, but you can see trees at the far side still. Curiously, it looks almost as if a hot knife cut through the forest - the destruction is incredibly straight, and the trees at the edge of the ruin are lush and green, as if they were standing next to other green trees, and not their blackened husks.

Do you...

• Cross the fire damage and continue to the healthy forest?
  • Travel north along the fire damage?
  • Turn around?

To your surprise, you unwrap the bundle only to find a Wild Egg inside! Do you...

• Take it. The drake obviously wanted you to have it.
  • Offer it back to the drake. This could be another test.

Saturnalia

Vay looks in surprise at the egg within the bundle. She still has questions about how the bundle got here (and who had re-positioned her earlier!) but this was quite a find.

She looks back at the white drake. It had pretty clearly offered the gift to her, so she trusts in that she may keep the egg, hoping she isn't wrong. Still, she moves slowly, giving the lovely creature the chance to interrupt her in case she was mistaken and it had only wanted her to unwrap it.

"If you wish us to take it, we will care well for it," she promises, setting the egg carefully down near her as she rearranges her belongings to make a safe place for it.

YourLoveOnly

How awesome of Moridin! -snuggles drake-
Now that I'm cooled off I am more curious, so let's investigate the reeds.

Ember

Ember stops in her tracks along the burnt land, staring at the shape of it curiously. That's no normal forest fire, to leave such a clear cut line of damage. Eldritch lands next to her and butts his head up against her hand and she absently gives his head a few pets. "What d'you say? Look into this some more? I hope it's not the work of a poacher again..." Eldritch makes an odd trilling sound that she takes as a yes because why not and heads north along the damage.

SeaCrest

You have obtained 1x Wild Egg!
The white drake - nods, almost like a human, before spreading its wings and flapping away to parts unknown. You can't even tell where it went, because as soon as it leaves your peripheral vision, it's gone, even when you turn to look for it.

Do you...

• Investigate the pool again?
  • Turn around and leave the caves?

YourLoveOnly || YLO
Exploring the reeds, unfortunately, yields nothing more than some very muddy feet and a rather angry waterfowl - it's a breed you don't recognize, but it squawks indignantly at you and flaps in your face to drive you away from what you can only assume is a nest. Your drake is displeased by this rough treatment of you, but you manage to calm them down and avoid further fracas. You doubt Dr. Farrowstead or Dr. Wong would appreciate a report consisting of "we terrified some local wildlife."

Well, since that was a bit disappointing, you decide to move on. Do you...

• Look around some more?

SeaCrest

Ember
As you walk, you are forcibly reminded of the charred destruction with every step, as ash puffs up beneath your feet, making your eyes water. You have no idea what could have caused this, and so cleanly, but you're here to explore. After a while, you think you can see the end of the destruction, which ends at some kind of shrine built of wide, flat rocks that must have been tumbled in a river for years. They're smooth, and all the same shade of blue-grey with greenish black and white speckles. Some kind of granite, perhaps?

The top of the shrine contains the remains of an offering - what looks to be one of the yellow fruits you collected earlier - and is large enough that a drake would fit comfortably in the hollow, with room to spare. The whole structure is untouched by fire, although the blackened vegetation ends right at its base.

Do you...

• Leave an offering? Requires 1x Sunfruit. This will remove the item from your inventory!
  • Look for something else to leave as an offering?
  • Ignore the shrine and continue north?
  • Turn around and go back the way you came?

YourLoveOnly

Oops! If there is nothing more to explore here I guess I will head home. I have an egg to care for after all! I can explore another part some other day ^^

SeaCrest

YourLoveOnly || YLO
You radio for Barnaby, letting him know your approximate location, and he directs you to wait at the lake, since that's a place he can access by truck. He arrives, and takes you and your drake back to the Outpost with little fanfare.

"I hope you had fun," he offers as you hop out of the truck.

Dr. Wong greets you and your observations with a bright smile. "I look forward to seeing you again soon!" she says after you recount your exploration and help her update the maps. The daily flight back to Secundi is due any minute, so you accept her offer of a sandwich and head outside to wait on the bench outside the Outpost for your ride.

Expedition complete! You have gained 2 expedition EXP!

You may now apply for another expedition!

Ember

Ember pulls up the edge of her shirt to cover her mouth and nose as she walks to avoid breathing in the ash that keeps irritating her eyes. She glances at Eldritch and is glad to see he has taken to the air again and guesses it was to avoid the same issues she's facing. Eventually she squints through the almost-tears to see some sort of shape in the distance and as she closes in on it realizes that it is untouched compared to the damage around it.

She examines it for a while, trying to make sense of it, while fending off Eldritch's curiosity about the remaining bits of a yellow fru- "Wait a minute! This is the same as the earlier stuff I picked up!" The realization leaves her giddy and she digs in her pack to pull out the fruit she collected ages ago. She hesitates for a moment before leaving an offering. She figures the shrine wasn't damaged and that seems like a good omen to her.

Saturnalia

Well, that was very strange, Vay thinks, ensuring that the egg is tucked into a safe spot. She isn't sure how typical that was for drake behavior, but she's happy she got to observe it. Learning about the creatures intrigues her.

She turns back to the other thing of interest in the cave-- the pool.

Why not give it one more shot? she thinks. Cavaiya seemed interested, anyway.

She heads over to investigate the pool again.

SeaCrest

Ember
1x Sunfruit has been removed from your inventory!

As you place the fruit down, a drake descends from the sky, landing on the top of the alter with outstretched wings.

Wings of fire, burning blue and white and pink. Was this the cause of the destruction?

You have discovered Hava, a foundation drake! Hava has been left on Odekka to observe her behavior in the wild compared to the drakes taken to the Preserve.

Do you...

• Back away slowly and leave the way you came?
  • Back away slowly and continue north?
  • Stay where you are and wait for the drake to make a move?

Let it not be said that you left stones unturned. Cautiously, you approach the pool, but this time, nothing untoward happens to you. You reach the water feeling fine, and the fish flee from the light of your lamp as they did before. But where is the chest?

Do you...

• Send your drake to dive and look for the chest?
  • Look for the chest yourself?
  • Turn around and leave the caves?

YourLoveOnly

ADVENTURER'S PERMIT APPLICATION
Name: YLO
Drake(s): 046 - Kaesien, 053 -  Nanu

SeaCrest

YourLoveOnly || YLO
After Dr. Wong has given you your map, as well as checking over your supplies, she sends you out to meet a young man by the name of Barnaby, who shuttles you out to one of the expedition areas. After all, if everyone is exploring right next to the Outpost, there won't be much by the way of discovery, will there?

After Barnaby leaves you, you look around. You are on a beach at the outer edge of the island, with soft white sand beneath your feet. The water is tropical and clear, and the beach is littered with things brought in by the tide - seaweed, kelp, driftwood, shells, and some beach glass. Do you...

• Spend some time walking along the beach?
  • Take a dip in the ocean?
  • Head away from the beach and into the forest?

Saturnalia

Vay contemplates her options. The pool had appeared very shallow at first, so she's pretty baffled about where that chest went. Sending Cavaiya in might be a good idea, though the drake likely wouldn't be able to drag a chest up on her own if it was somewhere deeper in the water.  Still...

Vay looks to her drake, who seems quite intrigued with the water, and had been over there since Vay went back to the bones. "Well, you seem determined to be in or near the water anyway, so let's see what you can find," she comments. "Don't put yourself in danger though, ok?" She isn't quite sure how much the drake understands, but hopes that the message gets across. "Not worth finding anything if you're hurt, but let's see if you discover anything I've missed."

Vay cautiously sends the drake into the pool.

SeaCrest

Alas, your drake fails to find anything of interest in the pool. They emerge, wet and rather disappointed, and you do your best to reassure them. You appear to have exhausted all the possibilities in the cave, so you squish your way back through the crack, through the first cave, and back out into the open, blinking at the bright sunlight.

Do you...

• Climb the hill?
  • Head west toward the mountains?
  • Head east towards the forest?
  • Turn around and head home?

Saturnalia

"At least we won't be left wondering what was in there," Vay says cheerfully as they emerge back into the sunshine. She takes a moment to blow out the lantern and let her eyes readjust to daylight, and as she does so, she recalls the strange blue light from the cave.

"Let's climb this hill and see if there's anything interesting at the top, shall we?"

The two set off up the hill, Cavaiya drying her wings in the sunshine as they go.

Ember

Away at work this weekend so less RP-y responses sadly! Ember decides to stay where she is.

SeaCrest

You climb up the hill, relishing in the feel of the breeze against your face and the sun on your shoulders. Eventually, you reach the top of the hill. There seems to be a rather large hole near the peak of the hill. Do you...

• Investigate the hole carefully?
  • Ignore the hole and take advantage of your higher vantage point to look around?

Ember
The drake stares at you with those oddly colored eyes, seeming to lack a pupil completely. The flaming wings abruptly dissipate, leaving behind a drake that resembles an oversized lizard rather than a small dragon. Still, you wait.

With a tilted head, the drake continues to examine you, and you can feel your own drake trembling as it presses against you. With a sudden movement that makes you flinch, the drake lights its wings again, spreading them in a bright flash of fire, and then it launches itself into the air, climbing until it clears the treetops before circling above you, once, and then heading north, straight for the mountains.

Do you...

• Continue heading north, nominally following the drake?
  • Head west, into the forest at the far side of the destruction?
  • Head east, back into the forest that you came from?

Ember

Yeah, Ember be following that drake north!

Saturnalia

The climb is pleasant, and both Vay and her drake are happy for the good weather. The climb stretches the muscles without being too arduous, and the breeze is perfect.

"Aha!" Vay exclaims when the pair reaches the top of the hill. She makes her way carefully over to the hole to investigate it, cautious not to fall in. Cavaiya, more cheerful now, flutters along nearby to peek in.

SeaCrest

Ember
You follow the drake north, and the curious thing is that the drake appears to be actively leading you somewhere. When you get stuck, or slow down, it circles back, waiting for you before it carries on northward.

Eventually, you come across a river that you cannot ford easily. It is wide as well as deep, and you aren't confident in your ability to swim against such a strong current. Do you...

• Follow the river northwest to try and find a safer place to cross?
  • Follow the river southeast to try and find a safer place to cross?
  • Try and cross here anyway?
  • Give up following the drake and head back the way you came?

The hole is quite wide; if you stretched across it, you wouldn't be able to reach the other side. Not that you're going to lean over it, of course; you know better than that. The ground might be unstable. Still, you're able to peer down a little bit into the hole, and you see that there are patches of some kind of shimmering blue substance lining the black rock that lies below the soil of the hill. That might account for the blue light in the cave; sunlight reflecting off of that blue surface might bounce back into the cave.

Do you...

• Try to investigate the hole further?
  • Leave the hole and take advantage of your higher vantage point to look around?

YourLoveOnly

I may want to go swimming later, but with the coast so littered with items I think I'll take a walk along the beach first. It seems like a good place to explore and I also want to make sure my drakes don't get into anything dangerous, they are curious critters!

SeaCrest

YourLoveOnly || YLO
The sand is soft underfoot until you move closer to the water, where it is wet and more solid. The tide line is full of debris, and idly you poke around with your toe, disturbing a small crab in the process. It scuttles off to hide, and you leave it, continuing to walk leisurely along the beach until you come across a rather large chunk of driftwood, big enough and sturdy enough to sit on.

Do you...

• Sit and rest awhile?
  • Continue walking?

Ember

SeaCrest

Ember
The drake seems displeased with your decision to deviate from its dictated path, but it begrudgingly follows you until you find a safe place to cross. The water is much shallower here, although it is still fast-moving, and you manage to get across the river without any accidents. Mollified now, the drake heads north once more, circling back every so often to make sure you are still following. It's a struggle sometimes, as you have now entered the forest, and the trees are thick enough that sometimes you can only hope that you're headed in the same direction as the drake, which refuses to land.

Eventually, you come to a second shrine, deep in the forest, in an oddly perfect circular clearing. This one has no offerings of fruit, but it does contain a single Wild Egg. Only now does the drake alight, perching on the top of the shrine as it did earlier, extinguishing its wings. It looks at you expectantly.

Do you...

• Reach for the wild egg?
  • Try another offering? Requires 1x Bismuth Crystal, 1x Copper Ore, 1x Gold Ore, 1x Platinum Ore, 1x Rissica Berry, 1x Rough Diamond, 1x Rough Quartz, 1x Silver Ore, or 1x Sunfruit
  • Do nothing.

Ember

Ember (very respectfully) reaches for the wild egg.

YourLoveOnly

I will sit and rest for a while. Watching my drakes play with each other is enjoyable and it's not like we're in a rush.

Saturnalia

Vay notes the blue substance, finding it interesting but not particularly wanting to press her luck with the hole.

"Let's see what we can see, shall we, 'Vaiya?" she says to the drake, who is pretty happily frolicking in the sunshine.

Vay uses the higher vantage point to look around, shading her eyes as she peers in all directions.

SeaCrest

Ember
You have obtained 1x Wild Egg!

You reach for the egg, and the drake doesn't stop you. In fact, it seems pleased. As soon as you are holding the egg in your hands, the drake ignites its wings and launches itself into the air, disappearing in moments with no sign of turning back or waiting for you. You are now, apparently, the caretaker of this egg. Stowing it carefully, you look around. Do you...

• Continue north, to the volcano?
  • Head west?
  • Head east, towards a lake marked on your map?
  • Turn around?

YourLoveOnly || YLO
You and your drakes enjoy a nice hour spent relaxing. The sun is getting rather hot, however, so it's probably time to move on. Do you...

• Dip your feet in the ocean?
  • Actually take a dip in the ocean?
  • Continue walking along the beach?
  • Head away from the beach and into the forest?

To the northeast you can only see thick forest. To the north lies a mountain range, which includes a dormant volcano, according to your map. To the west is marked a small camp for explorers to rest and refuel, but it is pretty far away. To the south is more forest, although your map indicates that there should be a lake.

Do you...

• Head northeast?
  • Head north?
  • Head west?
  • Head south?

Ember

Ember startles a little once the drake's wings light up again but it appears she really hasn't made a mistake in understanding its intentions as it only flies away. Well then. She shows the egg to the ever curious Eldritch though he only sniffs it for a moment before wandering away. Carefully she finds a place in her bag to bundle it in and pauses once that task is done.

She can see the volcano again and it still holds interest for her but she does have an egg to worry about now...Perhaps she'll go check it out but if things seem too dangerous she'll head home. North to the volcano it is!

SeaCrest

Ember
The volcano is dormant, so there are no signs of destruction or fresh lava as you approach the coordinates. The vegetation is thick and lush, in fact it is so thick that you soon find yourself unable to move forward freely.

Do you...

• Turn left?
  • Turn right?
  • Cut a path through the forest? Requires 1x Machete