Previous topic - Next topic

TheKennel

YourLoveOnly

Poor overworked Garney!

*stares at her Secundi pages in awe*

So many doggies! <3

And Abraxas is absolutely gorgeous, thank you so much! ^^

TheKennel

Did as many trades on the board as I could, cleaned out the lockers *cracks neck* Oh hello 4:30 am, where did you come from?

indigowulf

ooh yay Im real now! thank you!

YourLoveOnly

I found a little error among my 50+ dogs: I have three Chihuahuas that are now named Jellybean xD
They are supposed to be Jellybean, Ursula and Skittle.

TheKennel

Lies, they're all jellybeans.

TheKennel

PonyMama has some jellybeans too

YourLoveOnly

Now the male and female switched names xD
I'm starting to think Garney still needs sleep? ;)

*done sorting dogs*
Still need to check pedigrees, I believe I already spotted missing parents/children (they're imported, just not on each other's pedigrees).

Ooooh, those are gorgeous jellybeans! *stares at puppies* Adorable ^^

TheKennel

I think you didn't tell me which one was supposed to be which, so I had to guess XD

YourLoveOnly

Oops, sorry. I figured you would know Ursula was supposed to be the female :-[

TheKennel

There aren't any pictures in the admin panel, just names and ID numbers XD

TheKennel

AND I need sleeps, yes >.>

YourLoveOnly

That explains a lot xD

These dogs make me dizzy! O.o
*continues to check pedigrees and decide which ones to put up for possible trade/sale*
I have this urge to start over, but there are too many I can't part with!

Pinkshadow

Owwh i love those puppies  <3

TheKennel

Do you guys think you would miss the mass puppies on bed picture? I think this is the easiest way, just uploading each puppy on its own for trading/naming/growing.

That way we could have a naming item and -maybe- an auto-grow, I think Silv said she could do that. So much time and then poof! if the adult image is in the system, the puppy grows up.

Pinkshadow

I dont think i would miss it much, they look very cute seperate too ;)
- and as you say its easiere for you :)

YourLoveOnly

I think this is much easier and much less work for you guys.
I don't mind the pups being seperated at all, that way I can play around with them =3

TheKennel

Easier for you guys too, no one trade rule for puppies, no chasing people down to post on a growing thread, no pestering us to name it and waiting for that. It would really streamline the process.

And you can tell which ones are which genders! HA!

Pinkshadow

Yea, i sometime had a hard time diciding witch puppy was witch line on the bed image :o

YourLoveOnly

Only one problem if you'd do the auto-grow thing: people might keep more puppies than they are allowed to keep. I can also imagine someone would prefer to see them grown up first, then trade the required amount away. Which is also not allowed, I think?

indigowulf

PM they are so cute! *grabs thier little faces and squishes cheeks*

SplitX

Ooh what cute puppies! :D
I love the auto-grow & naming idea.
I wonder if it would be possible for an auto-breeding system? Where you submit a breed using a bed of your choice, it takes the bed away, and in about a week or so your puppies are automatically added to your page? That sounds like a lot of work though. o_o

Kadana Sorano

I would miss the little bed images, because they are cute and its like a lil family photo to save in a scrap book.

BUT.. I would love the benefits from having them separated/auto-grow etc.  And those benefits far outweigh my missing the group pic.  So yes yes, it has my vote :)

I don't think an auto breed would be possible, since the puppies have to be colored by a person.. patterns and colors vary too much depending on parents for them to have a system just toss puppy images at us I think?

ETA: PM your puppies are beautiful, congrats on such a wonderful litter.  And.. whenever you decide which you want to re-home, I'd love a link to whatever trade/sale thread you make ;)
Storm Chasers Current Thread: http://www.secundi.net/forum.php?topic=3836.0
Storm Chasers Customs Thread: http://www.secundi.net/forum.php?topic=3691.0
Okibi Stud and RB Service: http://www.secundi.net/forum.php?topic=4266.0
Quinsta Studs Free to Use: http://www.secundi.net/forum.php?topic=4308.0

My Eggs/Pets.. they would appreciate some love :) 

YourLoveOnly

Finally done!

Errors found:
- Ruby (3780) is the daughter of Desmond (3774) and a sibling of Pharrel (3778) and Cassie (3779).
- Cocker spaniel Celeste (3757, now owned by zarzamora) has one of my poms and fean77's german shepherd listed as parents xD The correct parents are toffeeca's Pigde (3752) and my dog Hero (3754), Celeste's sibling is Cairo (3756).
- Kiara (3759) and Rodon (3758) (both owned by SplitX now) have David (3760) listed as their son, but his sisters Hailey (3761) and Melody (3762) are missing from the pedigree.
- T-Bone (3766) is the father of Adriana (3767).
Err, I believe that's it. Other missing siblings/parents are only because they aren't imported yet ;)

JBGarrison72

The more that can be automated the better.  ;D
- Jeffrey Boyd Garrison

indigowulf

I disagree fean, I love the fact that breeding isnt automated. Theres a very personal thing about having a real person color your dogs as opposed to automation.

For the rest, however, I love it. Ill just have to remember to save the images of the puppies before they grow up. I too, will miss the puppys in a bed images.

PonyMama

*Dies*
Cuteness overload for way too early in the morning

I like the seperate way, it makes it easier on you guys.  I know what bed they were birthed on, and that is good enough for me
7 puppies, that is a big litter!!  Poor Kenya *pats the doggy's head*

~~~~~~~~
On another note I have two new dogs in my pets page that have the name Kidhi, only one should be Kidhi the other should be Zaki -http://www.secundi.net/agencyuploads/2-1403.png

(and I did notice that I have two Zaki and two Kidhi but that will be because they will be in different kennels when I find the time for anyone taking a peek)

Lectral

The biggest thing that happens if you want automated dogs, is that all the markings would have to be standardized, and none would be completely unique

When we do them by hand, each is unique - even on "plain dog" litters, I try to make each puppy as unique as possible

SplitX

Ohhh that's true. I'd forgotten about that. Automated breeding would be difficult & I would miss the little cute messages that come with them. XD I really hope those continue, any way. <3 It was always nice to see those cute li'l messages. I'd understand if they didn't continue, though, but still. =D

Pinkshadow

i would be sad if it all got automated, i like very much that all the dogs are unique

hiyoko

Soo cute PM! ;D

I love you guys coloring the dogs/puppies, they're different and you guys make them special. :D

Ravvana

I like the idea of separate puppies, but would be very sad to have my puppies/dogs no longer colored by a real person.

TheKennel

Naw, there's no way I'm going the direction of wajas. The pride of my adoptables is that none of them have templated markings, each is colored unique. I already buckled on the shading templates XD can't take away the coloring!

As for the limit of puppies per litter, we'll have to just watch people and mostly trust in honesty. Puppies are a great way to bring new blood into a kennel though, so I can't see people wanting to keep whole litters when they could trade for equally stunning puppies of another litter.

Pinkshadow

Thats why i loove your adopties , they are unique :D

TheKennel

YLO:

Fixed pedigree errors except the update won't accept a null to remove a mistake and change it to an unknown parent. So Desmond is now the mother and father of his litter XD

Scullisto

Quote from: TheKennel on January 07, 2010, 04:59:40 PM
YLO:

Fixed pedigree errors except the update won't accept a null to remove a mistake and change it to an unknown parent. So Desmond is now the mother and father of his litter XD

...How Greek....as in mythology

TheKennel

*dies laughing*

I so needed that after getting this electric bill XD

TheKennel

PonyMama

Oooh congrats Kadana, those are adorable

Kadana Sorano

oh gosh!  They are gorguess :D  *scoops up floof balls*  Thank you Garney!

Oi! is that a merle?? *stares at puppy*

Hehe I think I just found one tiny flaw with having images seperate off the beds.. the bed images told us if the pups were merle or not lol
Storm Chasers Current Thread: http://www.secundi.net/forum.php?topic=3836.0
Storm Chasers Customs Thread: http://www.secundi.net/forum.php?topic=3691.0
Okibi Stud and RB Service: http://www.secundi.net/forum.php?topic=4266.0
Quinsta Studs Free to Use: http://www.secundi.net/forum.php?topic=4308.0

My Eggs/Pets.. they would appreciate some love :) 

indigowulf

oh oh fluffballs!

*gets out a dry mop and "mops" lino, letting puppies chase it, grab hold, and drag behind it* dust mops!!

Pinkshadow

CutieePiee

Just wanted to pop in to say 'hello' as I have been unable to log in as often. Beautiful pups, you guys! Congratsies!  ;D

hiyoko

I love the puppies! Congrats. ;D

quyllur

Hi!

Thanks for my awesome little button! Yay for registering!

Just a quick question, I want to be able to enter all of my dogs into competitions but some of them don't have agency ids.  What can I do?

TheKennel

That is actually a page I did update on the website.

QuoteDog's ID - The number of the file in 000 or 0000 fashion without the # sign. It is very important you get this number right.

Secundian dogs: If between 0 and 2412, use the System ID plus an s at the end, such as 2412s. Dogs over #2412, use just the System ID, ie. 2413. There is no need to change the number if you import dogs already added, unless you want to make life easier for the ribbon adder.

quyllur

Awesome, thanks!

Oh and one other thing I noticed, in the competitions dog pages, somehow my dog Keitaro managed to get my dog Ranger's thumbnail...?  Not sure how that happened!

Garney

The comps dog add form is done by you, you put in the wrong link?

quyllur

I don't think so since I added Keitaro back when he was still on a cert and I got Ranger from a Secundi competition.  I don't remember editing him, but maybe I did...

Anyways, I edited him, so he's good to go.  :)

Taruia

Public Service Announcement

Ok, everyone listen up. I have done a mimic of this dog at least four times at this point, and after this fifth time I won't do it again...so check it out, and if you post a dog with this as reference I'm ignoring it. Not a joke...I HATE coloring this dog.

http://static.gotpetsonline.com/pictures-gallery/dog-pictures-breeders-puppies-rescue/catahoula-leopard-dog-pictures-breeders-puppies-rescue/pictures/catahoula-leopard-dog-0019.jpg

Reality is only for those who lack imagination.