News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

~Okibi Caballi~ What do you want to see for Christmas?

Started by Ryuukokoro, December 02, 2011, 11:12:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ryuukokoro

Ryuu wants to do something big and special for the holidays! The Okibi have always been big fans of Christmas. Back on PI I did a very big event with three different levels of participation and everyone was allowed to enter each level once. I think I ended up making like 40 Okibi. XD

One thing that WILL happen is an Okibi White Elephant game, because I am completely in love with that type of game. CrystalAngelNeko and I are setting up some special unique marking Okibi for that event. ^_^ It will have to be one where people register ahead of time, so we know how many 'gifts' to color before the game begins, so look for a sign-up page for that event soon.

But I'd like to do a second event as well, and here I am stumped, so I thought I would ask the audience! What would you guys like to see as a second big game for us to play?

Game Options:

1.) Order Customs for Your Friends:
This would be where I post a custom form and you pm it to me in secret and it must be gifted to someone on Secundi, delivered to them by me on Christmas.  Variants of this event could be that you're allowed to buy one for yourself and one for someone else, or I could throw in different items for different costs along with the customs, etc. We can work out details later. The pro for this event is that you get to choose who you're gifting to. The con for this event is that I feel bad when not everyone gets a gift. :(

2.) Order Random Gifts for Your Friends:
This would be a similar event where your order gifts for your friends and I deliver them on Christmas, but instead of doing custom forms you fill out, the gifts chosen are decided by me, so everyone is surprised when they open! If we do this I will probably make different levels (like the first level would be a breeding item, next level would be a premade, highest level would be a custom ticket and a breeding item, etc.) Pros and cons are the same for here as in the previous event.

3.) Random Gifts to Every Person who Plays:
This is the event type I did last time. In this game people sign up ahead of time and fill out a custom form, and each person is randomly given another person who signed up and that custom goes to them. The gifts are randomly distributed so you don't know who will get your gift. We could also do a variant of the game where everyone signs up and is put in pairs, and then the custom form is filled out for your partner. Pros for this event is that everyone gets a gift! Cons for this game is that you can't choose who your gift goes to, it's all randomized.

4.) Advent Calendar:
I really like winged dream's event idea! So much I might just steal it from her if other people like it. XD This game would be an event where one Okibi is made per day and given away. Variants rules for this game include whether I let you keep the gift or if it must be gifted to show the holiday spirit, whether it would be a game to claim the prize or just 'post to claim' kinda thing, etc. Details will be worked out later. (Of course you can post your preference in this thread!) Pro are that this game has much more interaction than the others. Con for this game is that you don't get to order gifts to give.

5.) Other:
This isn't just a poll voting thread, it's a discussion thread! Post the reasons why you picked your choice, what details you'd like to see in the games, and any other thoughts you have! If you'd like to see a different type of holiday game, post the details and I'll add it to the poll if it seems like a good game!

Any questions? Feel free to ask, I'll be here to answer them!

(And yes I will be finishing my other threads before moving on to Christmas stuff, never fear!)

Kahlira

It all sounds fun to me! I don't know which option to vote for, but with peak season is upon us, it means loong hours for the Kah (and 12-13 days straight of work!) so I might miss stuff. And I've always loved me some Okibi!

YourLoveOnly

I'd like the option to order stuff for friends with the different levels, so you could buy accessoiries, firefoxes, premades, semis and customs for example at a different cost. I also like it when it's possible to buy something for yourself (like with the Panda Shrimp Vday event it was gift 5, buy 1 for yourself) since it often helps encourage gifting.. The human race is selfish lol.

And yay! I am thrilled someone is stealing my White Elephant idea from last year 8D My guinea pig adoptable is still not fully ready but once it is it will eat up my secundi time so I don't think I have another adoptable I can run here to do this with, so yaaay for someone else doing it. White Elephant is SO MUCH FUN. <3

Kadana Sorano

I voted "Other" because I would like the "Order customs for your friends" but with a variant.  I'd like that option, but also with different levels.  I'd suggest atleast 4 levels (starting with the lowest).. Bare/random = basically a premade, where you get to choose the name and gender.  Semi Customs, then full customs, and finally Inspirational customs.  Your choice what you have us give you for inspiration (word, phrase, song title, picture etc).

Maybe other levels if you can think of them.  And I admit, mostly I'm just interested in trying to get more people to do Inspirationals, I really love those.

My second choice would have been Advent calender, and 3rd choice random gifts for friends.
Storm Chasers Current Thread: http://www.secundi.net/forum.php?topic=3836.0
Storm Chasers Customs Thread: http://www.secundi.net/forum.php?topic=3691.0
Okibi Stud and RB Service: http://www.secundi.net/forum.php?topic=4266.0
Quinsta Studs Free to Use: http://www.secundi.net/forum.php?topic=4308.0

My Eggs/Pets.. they would appreciate some love :) 

Ryuukokoro

Thanks for your responses so far, guys! The results are almost evenly spaced out lol. I'll try to work out something to make everyone happy. ^^

@YLO: Oh yes! I always love White Elephant games! It's my favorite Christmas game. I used to do it every year at the holiday time on PI, and threw in all the different adoptables I was running. This year I think I'll keep it limited to Okibi, since I'm giving them my attention right now. ^^

BabyKittenCandy

I voted Random gift for all who enter as I think this would be the fairest way, but I do love the option of ordering for friends and they get a random gift that you decide, but I think this could end up a lot of work for you!!

Ryuukokoro

We got a landslide of people voting for a 'secret santa' type of game where everyone signs up and randomly is given a partner to choose a gift for, so we'll be going with that type of game! I'll set that up asap. :)

Thanks for your votes, everyone.