News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

{Patchwork} Customs and Turtles! Winners Posted!

Started by SPO, August 23, 2013, 12:20:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SPO

Where We Came From
By Rosedawn
There once lived a toy maker and his daughter, on the outskirts of a very small little town. The children loved visiting the toy maker because every toy that he made he made especially for that person. He always said that the most worthwhile thing to build was something that brought countless hours of joy. I remember my father telling me so when I was very small. I watched in awe of him as he stitched together this small little stuffed mouse, just for me, and placed it in my waiting arms. "And this one is special made for you, Little Mouse," he laughed, and the whole room rattled and laughed along with him, "And so long as you take good care of it, it will take good care of you."

But as time passed things changed. Instead of buying the special handmade pieces from the toymaker, children wanted the shiny new toys from the city. Everyone wanted to leave the small village behind, with its small old ways and go off on grand adventures far away. We left behind such things like stuffed animals and wooden swords and skipped towards the glow of the city like moths to a flame. Slowly but surely the little toy shop became little more than a memory, even to me. When I spoke with my father he would tell me how much he missed the laughter.

My father grew gravely ill shortly after that, and I rushed home to be by his side. He told me he had something very special waiting for me in the toy shop.

The place was covered in dust and grime from years of neglect. Buttons and ribbons and stuffing lay strewn on every table. I had no idea what he wanted me to find until I saw it, sitting on his favorite stool, my own little mouse. He'd patched the holes and cleaned the cloth from years and years of love and play, and even stitched up the place where one of my classmates had ripped it open, but he'd left the needle hanging. I picked up my old friend, feeling myself smile for the first time in days. Beneath was a little note, Take care of it, Little Mouse, and it will take care of you.

There was a single stitch left to tie off. Quickly I sewed up my old friend, tying the last knot and cutting it free. "Now you take care of the shop my little meece, while I go take care of Papa."

The next morning I returned to the shop, determined to clean it up to be sold in order to pay for my papa's medicine. When I entered the sounds of something scurrying caught my attention and I hurried to find the source. Following the sound to the work table, what I saw I could scarcely believe. My little meece (for how could I mistake it?) was actually MOVING. It was scurrying around, cleaning the shop!

When it saw me tiny squeaks and chittering erupted from inside. It rushed over, bouncing around until I picked it up. In its hands was a needle. It left that in my palm and hopped down to a pile of fabric and thread and buttons, cheeping all the while. "Do you want me to make you a friend?"

We have dozens now, and every time I tie that last knot they turn their heads and look at me with such love. A love I know I have to share. It's exactly what my father wanted.

Meece Front

Meece Side

Snoodle Left

Snoodle Right

Turtle Sassy

Turtle Thinker

Owner's Folders
Examples

SPO

Welcome to our fourth thread! :D Fanta finished up the turtles! To answer the frequent question, yes I do plan on going for agency status. At the moment I am working alone and that is just fine for me. I may start looking for a partner to help with coloring and running events just to help keep things active once school gets started again.

Any questions, don't hesitate to ask!

Rules
PLEASE NOTE THE RULE CHANGE REGARDING TRADING SEASON
-Meece can be traded at any time as long as permissions has been obtained in advance from myself. I reserve the right to say no trading.
-Can be traded or sold for SG, other adoptables, or USD
-Be nice to each other
-Whining will not be tolerated

SPO

Customs
I desperately hate doing this but money is tight at the moment. So...USD customs! Payment through PayPal only. Post your form then I will confirm amount before you send USD. If you don't think prices are fair please let me know. I am terrible with pricing.

Base Prices
Snails: $0.50
Meece: $1.00
Turtle: $1.50

Custom Marking Prices
No markings: Solid colors only, no additions, premade SGenes: No fee
Simple markings: Easy to do markings, minimal markings, modifications to existing SGenes: $0.50
Medium markings: Slightly more complex, can cover the body in a simple way: $1.00
Complex markings: Difficult and time consuming, multiple markings in many colors: $2.00

Mutation Pricing
1-2 Mutations: $0.50
2-4 Mutations $0.75
5+ Mutations: $1.00

To claim a custom please fill out this form:
Owner:
Name:
Eye Color:
Shell Color (Turtles and Snails only):
Tail Color (Meece only):
Paw Color (Meece only):
Inner Ear Color (Meece only):
Body Color:
Markings:
Markings Colors:
Mutations:
Mutation Colors:

Claimed Slots
No slots have been claimed

SPO

Pick ups!

Introducing the Turtles!
Won by Kahlira! Plaese fill this out to claim:
Name:
Owner:
Three Colors:

Rainbow Connection
Won by Kahlira

Confused Turtle...
Won by WildFilly

What a Pretty Turtle
Won by Saturnalia

SPO

You may now post!

Wildfilly94

This reminds me I have two custom forms to fill out from the gryphion trade. XD
Could I do one meece and one turtle maybe?

Rainbows for everyone!!
I'mnotevensureitsrealbutitsawesome

Fireflies can use their light up abilities for many reasons! Sometimes they use them to ward off enemies, since no one wants to eat a bug thats flashing lights at you. What if he keeps lighting up inside your belly?! Ok.. maybe not.. but still! They also use them to complain about something they don't like.. A better alternative than facebook I'd say! Then the last reason I know of is to say hey to the ladies, or to figure out who is a girl and who is a boy. Girls light faster than boys. This is so they can get frisky later on and make cute little flashing babies! XD

Ienjoyedthistoomuch.

Kahlira

Name them Tuttles! Why? Because I like the way it rolls off your tongue.

Rainbow!! Looks good enough to eat XD

Hmm.. Why do fireflies light up? Often I've sat and many an hour I have pondered this my own self. Finally after many years of studying them, watching them at night, during the day, whenever they felt the need to be watched really, I noticed, they only light up at night! During the day, not a speck of light shows from them. So my thought is thus. They don't light up. They have... Get this... Built in glow sticks! And every night around sundown, they, being simple minded bugs, feel a need to light up the sky with an all night rave. If you've ever watched a glow bug, you will have noticed that as the night wears on, they get closer to the sky. I have another thought for this. As the night wears on, the blinking and the oontz oontz of the music only they can hear becomes a bit too much for them, and the older glow bugs, they don't like it, so they go up to become the stars that shine at night, as they have figured out how to keep their glow on long term. So the elder ones look down and keep watch over the younger ones in a nice manner as they partay all night long! So if you ever see a glow bug by day, there is no light since it's too much for them to handle.

SPO

SPO

Somehow I always forget end dates. Ends two days from this posting.

Saturnalia

Rainbow Connection

Confused Turtle
Fireflies light up because they are filled with too many happies. During the day, they eat happy things like flower nectar and itty bitty fairy cakes, and by the time night rolls around, they are just so cheerful that, every now and then, they glow with delight! They can't contain the happies, and it manifests as cheerful little lights in the night.

What A Pretty Turtle
You are too cute, little turtle! Your colors are so striking, with those lovely shades of bright blue and dusky purple against ebony black. And it's clear that the personality within is just as wonderful, with a hint of mystery and a gentleness. You would be treasured if you came home with me, with lots of friends to frolic with and people to admire you!

Mutt

Introducing the Turtles!

Turties - I really have no idea but thought I'd at least offer something XD

Rainbow Connection

By Wing-Chi Poon [CC-BY-SA-2.5 (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/2.5)], via Wikimedia Commons.

Confused Turtle...

If it doesn't need to be correct then I guess I'll go for a silly explanation XD

Fireflies light up because they are always gassy so when their little wings clip each other in flight they create a spark and because they are constantly gassy the spark ignites and the firefly is literally set on fire, they contain this fire safely to their backside and then use it like a torch because they can't see in the dark without it. Simples.

Might edit to add an entry the pretty turtle event in soon I need to think of something suitable to say XD

SPO

I didn't forget abotu you I swear! Class jus tstarted. >< I will pick winners tonight!

SPO

Introducing the Turtles
Congrats Kahlira! Turtles will now be called Tuttles.

Rainbow Connection
Congrats Kahlria! Yummy rainbow cake. :3

Confused Turtle
WildFilly you win XD. Frisky fireflies.

What a Pretty Turtle
Congrats Saturnalia! He loved how you described his colors. :)

I will post pick ups ASAP! Let me know names soon as well!

Saturnalia

Kahlira

Mutt entered and didn't win anything. I'd like to gift the semi to Mutt, please?

Name for the rainbow: Cake
Owner: Kahlira

Wildfilly94