News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

The good and the bad

Started by YourLoveOnly, February 11, 2014, 08:47:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

YourLoveOnly

Updates on YLO's life! I've been MIA a lot, sort of half around using my iPod, but I am ready to return more fully and figured I'd post some quick updates. I am hoping to be able to chat with you guys a lot more often now, so I don't feel so distanced from this wonderful community. I have missed you guys lots <3

The good: Current pets are healthy, yay. My job at the local animal shelter is wonderful, although very time consuming. So is my training/therapy, but I'm nearing the end of the 6-month program next month and I can say it has defenitely proven effective and motivated me to find a next one to take. I have a computer to borrow for at least 8 weeks, and means to buy my own one to replace the one that crashed somewhere in april. So I should be able to return here more fully! And finally, YLO has the entire week off work, so time to play catch-up with adoptables. :D

The bad: A lot of pets have passed in the past couple months :( Some remaining ones are rather old too, so probably saying more goodbyes soon. A sad part of life. Other than that, I have broken my toe this morning. It huuuuurts :C I have to walk the least amount possible, which is kinda difficult when you live on your own and have pets to care for, so recovery is gonna be painful and slow. That also means no work this week (which has an upside too, see above). Finally, the reason I have a guaranteed computer I can borrow for a while is rather sad.. Turns out my dad has a severe shoulder injury that needs surgery asap. It's not a very scary surgery, but because he has heart problems and blood pressure problems any kind of surgery is a risk so it's still kinda scary :( The doctors told us not to worry much though, so we're trying to do that.

Sarah Badr

Awwwwww. Good and bad....hope your dad and your toe heal quickly!  ;D big hugs

SPO

I break toes on a regular basis. I am clumsy. >< Yank on it to straighten it out and tape it to your other toes. Hurts like no other but it will heal up straight for you.

Best of luck with all your pets and your dads surgery. <3

Saturnalia

Glad to hear that you'll be more fully returning to us! :D But sorry about the less happy bits. Best of luck to your dad! (And with your toe! I did that at the start of a weeklong riding trek in Spain. Ug. Worst way to start a vacation! Hope it isn't too painful for you!)

TheLeet

It'll be good to have you around more. I wish your Dad good luck with his surgery <3