News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

Well a Hello.... and a apology...

Started by Calico Cougra, March 22, 2014, 05:42:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Calico Cougra

First off I want to start by saying, I know my beginning posts here on Secundi were not exactly... very nice. I want to formally apologize to those I may have offended. In no way was I trying to point fingers at Secundi's people. I must say I was very judgmental in a few of my posts, and I must admit I was very wrong about this community and its people. I have come to find myself checking Secundi on a daily basis.... Every time I open my laptop lid I find myself stalking through the forums. XD And with that I hope you can all accept my small apology and come to accept me as a part of this lovely community....

Now onto some stuff about me... Firstly Please call me Cali. Im a 22 year old girl who resides in sunny Florida (well mostly sunny). I live with my amazing boyfriend Johnnie... You may find me posting something about him here and there... We are also expecting a baby together. Im currently 27 weeks (as of 3/21/14) and No I do not know the gender. Im currently stuck on keeping it a surprise. So if any of you Secundi people have children and have any advise or know of good places to find neutral baby stuff please send me a PM. :)
I LOVE art, it is a big part of my life. You'll mostly catch me in the artwork areas... I love to let people watch me as I work, and enjoy hearing critique. It only helps me better my art. I mostly enjoy just sketching... But you may occasionally find me working on a fully 'rendered' (I believe thats the correct word im looking for. XD) piece. Please feel free to join in on any live stream (Join.Me) sessions I may be hosting. It helps me stay focused and keeps my art muse going when I have someone watching. ;) I can lose interest sometimes. *guilty look*
Hm... Some of my favorite things... Well animals... I LOVE animals... and I know quite a bit about them. Im a walking, talking, breathing animal encyclopedia. XD I like food too... I love to cook... and eat. XD I already said art... Hm... I like music.... I mostly listen to Indie, Alternative, 70's & 80's rock... 90's hits... and some of the more "popular" music from today. I also like to read. :) If I can find a good book I sometimes cant put it down XD I also like to do hair... mostly I play with my own hair. I am allergic to hair dye though.  :'( which makes me sad, I can only get away with bleaching my hair. Or using that really cruddy temporary dye... the ones that wash out in like a week. XD I havent tried Henna yet... Something I plan to do after baby comes. Lol.
Other things about me.... Well I currently have one fursona... Patches (terrible name... I really shouldve thought of something neater. XD) She is a Calico colored Mountain Lion... hence my name Calico Cougra. XD She is literally the furry feline version of me... Silly, loving, fun, caring,  protective.... shy at times.... understanding... forgiving. Patches has been apart of my life for nearly 5 years now. Her original design was mostly orange with small white and brown patches with dark green eyes... I finally refined her design which is the current and final design... She is mostly white, orange and brown patches. And bi-colored eyes; one ice blue, the other emerald green. (a little lighter emerald color though). She is my pride and joy, and I love her to bits. >.> I speak of her as if she were a real person. XD

Cookies to those who actually read all of that... And sorry for the um... novel? XD
Thank you for reading... and again... Im very sorry. *hugs to all*

~Cali

TheLeet

I suppose it's a bit late to "welcome" you to secundi as you've been around for a bit now. Hello, anyway *waves* ^_^

Don't worry about the novel, it's always interesting to find out more about internet people. Also don't worry about having offended anyone (or me, at least). This is a pretty forgiving community :)

Kahlira

OHH! A baby! Babies are fun :D

Welcome! This site is an addiction.

BabyKittenCandy

Well, welcome Cali :)

This site is pretty close knit and forgiving so I'm sure you will be just fine here regardless of the bumpy start.

Congrats on the pregnancy! I an currently 36 weeks (37 on Monday!) with our second child, and I'm looking forwards to the end, but that's cos I've had a *very* rough pregnancy. I'm in the Uk so I can't recommend anywhere for neutral baby stuff I'm afraid.

Since I had my first child I've been really bad in reacting to hair dye but some I've found not too bad is Directions. It is still only a semi permanent but I've found it lasts longer than a lot of other semi's, might be worth a look? It's made with vegetable extracts, so easier on the scalp ;)

Also, some of your music likes are pretty similar to mine :) we should chat ^^

I'll leave it there and just say welcome once more!

Bunraku

Ohh, a fellow Indie lover :3 Welcome to secundi!

Sunchaser

You know my feelings sweety :) glad to see you more active

Calico Cougra

Yea, I suppose a welcome would be a little late. XD
Im glad my novel wasnt to bothersome to anyone. Figured Id get whatever I could out in text, I suppose the rest is somthing I need to show. Lol.
And I must agree I find myself checking Sec alot... like ALOT. XD

@BKC: Thanks. Im very excited to start our little family... scared to. But typical. XD This little bugger has put me through a lot, so I guess I can say I can understand the wanting it to end feeling. XD I started out with TERRIBLE morning sickness... So bad I was pretty much in bed for 2 days each time I had a episode. And now I've started to have those Braxton Hicks contractions.
Ive never heard of Directions.... Maybe somthing I can find online. Though Im terrified to try any hair dye other then bleach. Its so bad I have to go to the Emergency room. :S
I'll have to send you a PM. :) I love to chat so no harm! XD

To be honest Johnnie got me into the Indie "scene". He is like strictly Indie and alternative... Kinda funny when he sees certain bands come out with new albums! Reminds me of a kid on christmas morning. XD

*huggles Sun* Eh, Im getting there. Maybe not as active as some.... But Im definitely trying to become apart of the community. ;)

Thank you to everyone who read this. <3

SPO

Ew its you. >>

*snugglepokes*

Glad you are finally here. :)

Calico Cougra

*sits on*
Thats not very nice.  :'(

*squishyhugs*

SPO

Still excited to see pictures of baby Cali c:

sera

*waves* Hallo.  ^^  Glad to see you talking more!  ^^ 

Eyeing baby consignment shops can be helpful, as well as be willing to 'cross dress' your child a bit.  ^.~  Not all boy clothes are JUST boy clothes.  Girls clothes are a little iffier just because so often they're pink and covered in flowers. 

Calico Cougra

You'll get pics! I already promised that! ;)

XD Ive gotten a few boy outfits that I absolutely refuse to return. They're Mike Wazowski outfits, and I said If the little monster turns out to be a girl I'll just buy a green bow and put it on her head. XD You can always get away with putting a girl in boys clothes just throw a bow on her head! Lol. I bought a Christmas outfit (Onsie with pants) this past Christmas just for the heck of it. Its for a girl, the pants have a little tutu thing attached, I said if its a boy Ill just use the onsie. XD I'll have to check for some consignment shops... I didnt know they made them for baby stuff. '>.>

sera

That's where we got our high chair and our swing; they were both really nice.  ^^  Those outfits sound adorable, though.  =-0  Goodness! 

Calico Cougra

I'll definitely have to check for any around me! Baby things can get expensive! XD
Oh they are the cutest things! XD

This is one of the outfits... Could probably buy or make a little tutu type skirt to go with it. XD
http://www.toysrus.com/graphics/product_images/pTRU1-16955866dt.jpg

sera

Heeeee!  That is ADORABLE.  There's absolutely no reason a girl couldn't wear that as is. x3 <3