News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

PAX East!

Started by Saturnalia, April 11, 2014, 08:22:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Saturnalia

So, I am at PAX East up in Boston right now. (Ok, technically, I'm in the hotel lobby at the moment. WHATEVER. PAX SOON!)

I am excited and have already had a total blast, so... I'm photospamming you guys. I cannot resist. <3 I'm just too pumped!

PAX doesn't officially start until today, but I've already had a total blast. I love it.

Firstly... soup dumpling!

These things are so good. I'd never heard of them or had them until my first PAX two years ago. Full of deliciousness!

The BCEC. Possibly better than Disneyworld.

Last night, I walked into the Westin hotel, which is attached to the convention center, to play board games. Right off the bat, I saw some faces I recognized... two of the three members of Instalok!

Instalok is a parody band that does League of Legends music. (And they did a Minecraft song, too.) You can find them here: https://www.youtube.com/user/Instalok
I was super pumped to meet them, as you can probably tell from my face.

And then, my friend and I joined some strangers for a game of Russian Railroads. That's what I love about PAX, well, one of the things... you can just sit down with strangers and make friends and play games and almost everyone is super cool and friendly.

While playing, another familiar face walked by. (If you haven't guessed it by now, I love League of Legends.) It was Reggie! TSM, a professional team, is owned and coached by him, and he used to play. I am pretty sure I took him by surprise, but hey ;)

Hooray!

So, that was last night... and PAX hasn't even started yet. I am so pumped for today to get underway, and I guess I should head back up to my room and get my stuff and go on over! Wheee!

Ooookay /end fangirling and photospam... for now ;)

Ember

I am sooo jealous! I wish I could have gone. I hope you have a lot more fun all weekend and pics better be a thing.

Saturnalia

Ember, I hope you get to go someday. It's a total blast. Exhausting, but a total blast.

Moooar photos! League of Legends heavy. ;)

LoL cosplay: Arcade Hecarim (best skin in the game!) ridden by Zyra. Hoping I can get a better photo tomorrow. Hecarim's tail changed color in a rainbow.

Me in mah Poro hoodie with Snoopeh from pro LoL team Evil Geniuses.

Concert time!

Bit Brigade! One person plays through a video game while the rest of the band plays music from it as the soundtrack. They did Zelda, which I've seen them do once before. So awesome.

View out of the BCEC

Birthday present from a friend I got today... bracelets for LoL pro team Cloud9, my favorite team <3

Anamanaguchi. Omg. So much fun.

Welp, that's day 1. Day 2 tomorrow! Whee!

Saturnalia

MOAR PICSPAM

Not that anyone probably cares but whateeeever ;) I'm too excited not to share!

I don't really know what this giant thing is but I want it

This next one is me with pro LoL player Krepo.

"Can I get a photo?"
"Sure."
"Can I get a photo of me fake-licking you?"
"...whatever floats your boat..."

Beloved Expo Hall of Delight

My friends cosplaying: Vi, Gragas, Jinx, Teemo

I finally got my leetle Poro =D

Saturnalia

The last picspam update, and then I will shut up about PAX. Until next year.

Got to see the Crystal Method live. Yeessss.

Hooray, smoke and glitter and confetti!

Solar Ride pinball! Reminded me that I love pinball.'

With Pete from Anamanaguchi. If you like chiptunes music, rainbows, happiness and pizza, check them out. So. Much. Fun. And nice dudes.

Awesome artwork of Ezreal & Taric on the Riot whiteboard.

YellowPete! Another Evil Geniuses pro League of Legends player! Actually met him by chance in the hotel elevator. And then snagged this photo today.

Hard to tell, but this is a giant wire dragon/sea serpent thing that goes up the staircase.

Welp, PAX is done! Tomorrow, we drive back to NJ and I attempt to resume normal life. And catch up on Secundi stuff. Whee.

sera

i love your pics, Saturn!!! x3  Thanks for posting them!! i'm glad you had such a good time!!! x3 <33333

*STEALS YOUR BRACELETS* >D   J/k!  hehee <3

Saturnalia

<333333 Glad you enjoyed the photossss! I am still in the "WHEE PAX bahhh why is it over" mode. Getting my last hotel lobby time in before the drive home.

It'll be nice to see my kitty and the ponies, but I hate trying to get back into the swing of a life that no longer includes being surrounded by fantastic people and games everywhere.