News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

gallery 2 help?

Started by indigowulf, February 15, 2010, 02:32:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

indigowulf

not really secundi help, so posting it here.

I cant find the setting to allow gallery to accept whatever size image i want. i thought i had it.. 4 times! but it still shows the little red X box as thumbnails for anything over a certain size, and when attempting to click the thumbnail for full image, i get a error 500. happens with any gallery I use.

Anyone know how to fix?

Solistia

Are you talking about height x width size? or space KB/MB size?

indigowulf

well, it says this;
"You can upload up to 8 megabytes at one time. No individual file may be larger than 2 megabytes. If you want to upload more than that, you must upload the files separately, use a different upload format, or ask your system administrator to allow larger uploads. "

The images im tryng to use arent even close to 2 megs.

and I just tried to upload a blank white image the same size as the large files, so its a tiny filesize, and it wont upload either. So I'm assuming its the heightXwidth issue.

Solistia

That's really odd. Can I ask the dimensions of what you're trying to upload? (I don't know if it's Gene Pool related or not XD)

indigowulf

its huge. 1792 wide X 1224 high.

still, people have requested that i make available desktop wallpaper size images, and its not letting me do it- i cant find any option anywhere to turn off dimension limits that actually works.

Solistia

Okay, I think this is the problem you're talking about. Trying going here and read through it and see if it helps:
http://codex.gallery2.org/Gallery2:FAQ#Thumbnails_.2F_resized_images_don.27t_get_generated_properly.2C_how_can_it_be_fixed.3F

indigowulf

mmm, scaled it down just enough to match my current actual desktop, and it's allowing that. guess Ill do that lol.

Looks like it could be the memory issue. Ill rmember that for future ref, thanks!

Here he is, upcoming BoP ...event of some kind.... prize:

indigowulf

*screams* gallery is erroring out for me, completely.
Does anyone else who uses gallery get daily error 500 or weekly storage failure errors?
Im wondering if it's something about freehostia, cuz if it is, Ill be switching sites so fast it will look like a road runner cartoon.

Solistia

I do notice that a lot in your gallery D: (I was also wondering if it was freehostia)
Hopefully someone else has experience with either their service or gallery2 scripts