News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

Pandora - Anyone else have one?

Started by Neocridders, February 16, 2010, 04:00:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neocridders

So  a little while ago, I created a pandora. Now, I've always adored music, but I have yet to find a specific music type to love most. So, for years I have been the one who never listens to music. Never. Not really sure why, but my brain will not let me learn new songs really. I was always confused on how people get to know about songs. Do they hear them on the radio?
Then Itunes came out. I figured out over the summer that if I listen to the top downloaded songs, those are the ones my friends talk about.

So, I discovered fireflies by Owl City.
I also discovered love story and You belong with me by Taylor Swift. I decided i love these songs.

So I dicovered pandora from my art teacher.
This website lets you choose your favorite songs and make a radio station based upon them.

It sorts throught the songs you like or dislike and gives you other songs with some similar qualities to see if you  like them.

So, I made an  owl city channel, and a taylor swift channel.

Not really good, because they give me all this country song stuff and etc. I want more taylor swift.

So, I did not want to hear that. As I stated, I don't have a favorite type of music. I like specific songs from certain people and I enjoy them.

So... I discovered (more or less) what I like.
I decided to make a Howard Shore channel, and only listen to wordless songs.

I've done it.
Because of this, I have found my favorite songs.
I've found howard shore (lord of the rings) John willams (every movie pretty much... starwars, ET,  Hook, Harry Potter, and everything else., and Danny Elfman (who does so much music for Tim Burtain for example, NMBC)

Weellllll I've found what I like. I mean, I have een listening to this radio station for about a month or two, but I seriously just discovered today that John Williams did the music for Schindler's List.

Ha. I never knew this!
It is exciting to learn things from music.

I just want to know if anyone else has a Pandora.
;) I do'nt know why I have written this long story that is a bit pointless.
Maybe because I should be doing homework...

Haha.
Well, acording to Pandora, I love some songs with major key tonality, I also love minor though, and I love a horn line. Of course I do. I plpay french horn, and I have discovered that this instrument is truely amazing.

All instruments are, of course, but... a good french horn player is the star of the show. If you have a horn line, and a horn player with talent, he will make the song. With a bad horn player, the he will break the show.

I've come to understand why I chose this instrument, even if I did so when I was like 10.
Ha

Weeelll, back to homework. Sorry for the lots of words that make little sense...

Nighthenge

Pandora is a lot of fun.  I've found some interesting music that way tho I don't use it often enough.

At one time they didn't have a few of the artists I like.  I should try again, see if they've been added.  I'd like to find more options for that style of music (Celtic fusion).

Solistia

If you like orchestrated music, might I recommend all the music from Yanni's Live at the Acropolis? (particularly the opener Santorini). Yanni by himself is a wonderful piano player, but I must say he is an even more brilliant orchestra composer X3~<3 (he is one of my all time favorite music artists)

Gene Pool

I love Pandora! I have like.. 12 channels of my own I switch between depending on my mood and I have fean77's favorited when I wanna hear his stuff. im indigowulf there too if ya wanna look for my channels :) some are in serious "being worked on" phase. Like, I have one full of soft, wistful ballady love songs.. and pandora tried to put a death metal in there yesterday.. im like WHAT?
This is DizzyFishClick DizzyFish for website!