News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

Having a few problems with life...

Started by SplitX, March 09, 2010, 03:33:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SplitX

So my mom just scolded me for forgetting to do one side of one worksheet out of the 23 I did today. I am so darn miserable with my schooling experience right now. I'm not able to go back to any public or private school, because of what my parents want, and they refuse to let me get my GED. So mom told me that, if I don't go 5/7 days to this schooling place I HATE more than anything in the world, and get every single thing done, she's going to sell the car. Okay, not having a car isn't such a big deal, but... it was a gift from my grandparents, AND it's just the fact that she's only going after what would make HER look/feel best... My counselor told me that, if I was his daughter, he'd be all for me getting my GED. I could get into college now, before I have the baby (if I decide to keep or adopt), and that would just push my life forward one needed chapter. But my parents absolutely look down on any one who gets a GED, even if they end up getting into a place like... Virginia Tech (very prominent school here). It's ridiculous. Or is it me being ridiculous? I just don't know. I'm stressing out too much over what mom wants, when all I've been doing my life is what my parents want, and rarely ever what I want. Then they call me selfish for not wanting to graduate at this private high school place. It costs TOO much, and all you have to do is try the work, and you get all As. It's basically PAYING for a good transcript. I don't WANT that. I want to EARN everything.

I dunno. I'm just lost, and I hate crying. I dunno if I'm being stupid or not, but... $160 a week for a stupid high schooling place is MUCH more expensive than the community college I'm a student at (took a class over the summer, still enrolled). What's so wrong with moving on with the next chapter of my life, when every one agrees I'm ready to, but only myself & my counselor would be willing to change things. ;_;

indigowulf

.. I have a GED.

Getting a GED earlier then most people graduate is supposed to be a good thing, saying it on a job ap later doesnt look bad if you got it early. It doesnt look so great if you quit school and didnt get the GED til you were over 20.. but youre not.

Um, are you allowed to go out on your own to the store or visit friends or something? Id suggest stopping by the place youd get your GED and finding out if theres a fee (mine was free) and if they have study materials. Do it on your own. If they dont have to pay for it, I dont believe you need a parental permission to get it. Testing takes about 4 hours, if it's the same as when I took it.