News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

Ever heard of ATCs?

Started by Echowing, April 14, 2010, 01:20:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Echowing

ATCs are artist trading cards. I just learned about them recently, apparently they are tiny original works of art that you can create and trade with other collector/trader artists. It sounds interesting, I just thought it was kinda cool and wondered if anyone else has heard of it before. When I looked it up it said there are actually "trading sessions" and all you do is take your cards and swap with people. It's supposed to be free and you do it to get the experience of meeting new artists/people. Kinda cute and really interesting idea. ^^

sera

i've heard of this, actually. ^^  And they aren't always free, just an fyi.  ^^  i think the concept is very cool, though, and applaud those who do it. ^^ 

Echowing

Yeah, I read it that the original intention was that they were free swaps. It does seem like something fun, maybe in the future it'll become a bigger thing.

Midnight Phantom

I heard from a friend that ATC are free swaps but ACEO is when they are being sold.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Artist_trading_card

YourLoveOnly

I participated in a few online ATCs. I defenitely think they are lotsa fun :D
You can be creative, you get to gift stuff and you get pretty little things in return too ^^

bewilderness

I love ATCs and ACEOs!  ;D  They're so much fun to make. 

sera

Ahh, i must have gotten the abbreviations confused. xD  Thanks, Midnight. ^^

Echowing

Wow, I'm surprised all of you know about them! I only knew about 'em when I read the inside of a package of mini canvases my grandma gave me ^^