News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

Jojo is a noob at wedding attending

Started by jojo, July 09, 2010, 09:45:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jojo

So a gal I know is getting married tomorrow afternoon. I've been just seized with panic because I have no idea how to behave or dress or whatever. Also I don't really know most of the people that will be there. Haha.

Is a skirt and blouse fine? Should I be wearing something more fancy?

Also, what happens at a reception? Well, I've been to weddings for people my parents knew, but they have all been traditionalish weddings run by Korean parents and friends, where what happens after the ceremony is a simple lunch or dinner and maybe a visit to the newlywed's house (from what I remember), so I have no idea what to expect at an American one. Maybe its not different at all?

I've already bought a gift, they had this online registry thingy where people could order off of Macy's or Target using their wishlist. Soooo I think maybe I did that part right.

*flails around*

PonyMama

Skirt and blouse is fine. Dress up but not too much to outshine any of the wedding party or family.

Reception eat, drink and be merry (if you are underage drink whatever non alcohol beverage they have)

Blondie_63

Noone ever really knows a lot of people at weddings most of the time not even the bride and groom. Haha. Well that's because the bride's extended family and friends come that the groom hasn't met yet and the same with the groom. So you definitely aren't the only one who doesn't know most of the people.

tehe. Most of the time a skirt and blouse should be fine! Just as long as it isn't white. Hehe!
At receptions all that happens really is dancing and eating and sometimes drinking depending on the wedding.

Yeah registry is the way to go for presents so you did that right! :)

jojo

Thanks for the tips, guys! I just got back and I think I succeeded at being a not-bad wedding guest XD I also found a few people I knew so I stuck with them most of the time. What a lovely event it was :)