News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

Sad day

Started by Goddesss, March 13, 2011, 07:43:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goddesss

Our 19 year old dog Kimba had to be put down this morning.  We had him for 12 years and he was the most amazing dog.  He started having seizures a week ago and today he couldnt walk anymore.

He will be truely missed.  Just thought I would share. 

red_uni387

*squishes Goddesss* D:

Silvanon

Awe, he looks like a sweety.  I'm sorry for your loss.  *snugs*

Sparki

Poor baby, that's so hard, especially when you've spent so long with him. =(
It sounds like he had a wonderful life with you though.
...its persistent silence and outstretched arms horrified and comforted us at the same time.

Garney

Aawww, such a lovely puppy

19 years is a long, long doggy life, which is no comfort really when losing a loved one. *hugs*

Goddesss

Thanks everyone.  19 is a very long doggy life.  The vet said last week when he started getting the seizures that he is the oldest big dog they have seen in their office.

PonyMama

Sorry to hear Goddesss.  But it sounds like it was the right choice, even if it was hard.  he had a long wonderful life in a family who obviously loved him a lot

Sunchaser

*snugs goddess* blieve me putting him to sleep was the easiest (for him) thing to do. My Sheba passed away last year and she was 15. She was having siezures in my arms when we went to go put her to sleep. I will always remeber my kitty and you will always remeber your puppy *snugs lots*

Goddesss

Kimba lives with my parents in Hawaii.  They got him while we all still lived at home.  When they moved to Hawaii 4 years ago Kimba and Sasha lived with my husband and me for a year untill my parents could afford to send them out there.  We got to go see them in october.  We knew this day was coming for awhile.  He has been slowly declining but until recently his quality of life was still good.  He still had his smile on his face.

Thank you everyone.

springacres

Aww... sudden loss of a pet is always hard.  But at least he had a long life with people who loved and cared for him.

*superhugehugs to Goddesss*