News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

Box Exercise

Started by SkySong, August 25, 2011, 03:34:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SkySong

Ok, I have no clue if this is one of those things that everyone knows and I just didn't know, or if it is actually an uncommon technique. Either way, I thought I'd post this for those who don't know/haven't tried this before.

I decided to be lazy and have a gif for you to follow, but check the link at the bottom if you don't get what I'm doing.

If this is your first time doing this, your box may look like the one on the right.

Mine looked pretty lopsided when I first started, but after 3-4 boxes they look like the one on the left. After sketching a bit after drawing boxes, my art seemed to reach a new level. Hope this helps.

I found this idea here.
Adoptable threads: None currently ~ Trading thread: N/A ~ Breeding thread

LC Custom Status: Closed
LC Breeding Status: Closed

JellyThunda

Thanks for the link, I think that those tutorials may be the most helpful (and inspirational) thing I've ever read! *goes to draw humanz*

SkySong

I've only read like - two pages, yet I think it's helped a lot. Glad you find them helpful. (Even if they aren't my own)
Adoptable threads: None currently ~ Trading thread: N/A ~ Breeding thread

LC Custom Status: Closed
LC Breeding Status: Closed

Luv007

Hmm.... I'll definately have to try this out.  Generally speaking, I try to sketch shapes just to help me, but this box thing may definately help....