News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

Tattoo help?

Started by Willow, September 15, 2011, 06:48:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Willow

So, I really want a wrist tattoo..

And I love my rats, so I thought I'd try and make my own.

But, I'm worried if I took it to a tattooist, if it'd be too small?

And also, if white looks good on skin? :S

It's not a final decision...But here's my idea.
Probably without the line and heart

^Would be actual size on wrist

Thanks if you can help any ^^;
<33

Wildfilly94

Aww it looks cute!!! But, I would say white generally doesn't look good on skin. :/ Black and colors of the rainbow, mabye, but I dont think white would.

Edit: And I don't think thats too small. ^^

YourLoveOnly

White tattoos are only done by a limited amount of artists and they are much more likely to fade or even have slight color changes. What I often see is people leaving the white transparent, so you get the outline done and add other colors if needed. If you want your tattoo shaded then white is used for highlights so there may be other options, but if you want it like your example I would not color in the white and let the skin show there.

I think for a wrist tattoo it is also a wonderful size and no tattoo artist would refuse because of it. I know people who only have a teeny tiny music symbol that could fit on their finger and similair sizes xD

Willow

I just googled it...It doesn't look too good |:
Soooo...
I might have to think about different colours.

Hopefully its not too small...I can't imagine trying to get it bigger on my wrist x3;

ETA:

Thanks YLO, that sounds reasonable ^u^
I know some people have really small ones, but I'm just a little worried I guess xDD

PonyMama

that would be about the same size as my wrist tattoo so it is a nice size.
What I would do it make the grey black and then shade in the rest personally, but it is a cute idea