News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

Suckish day.. Anyone in Choir?

Started by Wildfilly94, September 27, 2011, 03:15:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildfilly94

So.. I'm in Acapella choir at my school, and yesterday ws the All-district Choir try out. I made it last year, even though my audition was a disaster and I was ill.
All District is when all the school pick up to 20 kids from each schoo to audition for the choir, which takes in 100-150 kids in it total. There waas about 300-500 kids that auditioned. It was held at my school, and I was SO nervous. As soon as I walked in the room I was okay though. I got nervous as I sang, but I did SO much better than last year and did well with the dinnamics and hitting the notes right. I failed at sight-reading but everyone does. I was over all more confident this year than i was last year. And then the results came in today to who made it. WELL, lets say it was NOT pleasant, and much a suprise... :'(
I was the only first soprano that didn't make it.. I thought I did so well.. Guess I was wrong.
Heh, I worked hard to build up confidence, and now its all gone, because that choir is an HONOR to make into, and I failed to get in. I wasn't good enough and now I feel horrible about myself.
To make things worse though, NONE of my friends, including my own boyfriend thought to ask if i was okay. I was REALLY down in choir, and my best friend stood right next to me and pretended like nothing was wrong. OBVIOUSLY I was hurt, and she didn't care one bit about it. One person on the bus home asked about why I was so upset, but we aren't friends close like my boyfrine dand my few best friends. I'm upset and hurt BADLY from not 'making the cut' but almost equally hurt by my friends and boyfriend for not caring at all to ask if I was okay, or anything. :(

[/rant]

So, Bad day. I was going to wok on stuff for Spongequines and other things, but I don't feel up to it now. :'(
The only good thing that happened today, was getting a beautiful Fable from Luv007, from an Inspirational Custom event. You have no clue how much it means to me right now, dear, Thank you. <3

*Sigh* I just HAD to get all this out. Sorry for those that read it all. It's prolly alot longer than I thought it would be.

Luv007

I'm not much for the musical side of things, but were something similar to happen with my riding stuff, I would be crushed, and the friends/bf thing just adds hurt to injury.  Sometimes people just try to stay out of the way when they don't know what to say.  Hopefully that is the case and your friends didn't intentionally NOT care about your loss.  Maybe talking to them would help?  And def talk to the bf about it.

I'm sorry all that happened, but I'm glad you like your girl.  I was so worries she wouldn't quite add up to what you wanted. 

Like everything else though, you willl survive this day and it will just be a learning experience. 

Wildfilly94

Yeah.. I plan to talk to him when he gets home, hopefully. One of my friends apologised, she didn't think I was this affected by it, so I guess thats better.

And yeah I'll live, I just hope my confidence will grow back, or follow me to tomorrow. :/

Spongequines

Oh no! I'm sorry!
No worries, I'm sure they just are awful at detecting sadness. XD And unless you're really considering a career in choir/singing, then who cares if you didn't make the cut? It's their loss, not yours.
Also, many choirs have to pick from a lot of auditions, sometimes more than they can take into the group. So it's natural that a few people who really are good enough to qualify just can't get in.
If you really feel bad about your friends not noticing that you didn't feel good, then just mention it to them in your next class with them. I'm sure they'll feel right stupid about not noticing once you point it out! (though this isn't always a sure-fire response... I've had a few friends who've actually gotten mad at me for claiming that they were not able to tell that I was sad. XD)

I'm sorry you didn't have a good day. :(

-Directory-  -Breeding/Growing Thread-  -Main Thread-  -Trading Thread-

Wildfilly94 posts in blue
JellyThunda posts in green
Victoria posts in purple

Wildfilly94

Thanks Jt. <3 I used to consider a career in singing, but that dream went away because of my confidence lack and nerves. So I guess its not that bd, but I feel so ashamed, I really wanted to be in it again for my senior year. its such a big honor to be in it. And I'm usually good at comfronting people, but not when it involves my hurt feelings. I can try to talk to one of them though, and hope for the best.

And its alright. Hopefully it'll be easier to deal with tomorrow.