News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

Guys, I has a problem.. Lol

Started by Wildfilly94, May 25, 2013, 07:42:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildfilly94

First step to getting better is admitting the problem right?

So.... I'm addicted to Mustang Quinsta... D:
Seriously. I plan every season what breed I'm going to try to collect and such, and I ALWAYS hoard Mustangs. I just can't not get them. Its not my fault their so pretty. *cries* I was going to claim all Fjord girls and a mini if my project had worked, but it didn't and I didn't claim all Fjords. I claimed 3 mustang mares and a Luestin girl (Which, I'm also getting addicted to I think). I need to stop this habit, but, but.... D: They so pretty!!! And I NEEDS a frame overo mustang next season. Lol. But I SHOULD get some Fjords, and minis with markings. But I won't. I'll never stop hoarding Mustangs.

*sigh* I have confessed.

Keilin Alyr

Hey, have you seen my Shetland collection? I'm honestly surprised I was able to keep from claiming and bribing a new chubby pony each season, it took quite a bit of willpower. XD Although Mustangs are quite pretty, so I can't blame you for your hoarding habit. Just don't get too carried away. XD

No longer has zombie eyeballs. May still have a craving for brains, as there's no intelligence or sanity left in hers. XD

Wildfilly94

XD It will take ALOT of willpower.. Lol! I shall try next season to not get swept away by them :P

Kahlira

*thinks*

I know your pain intimately.

Hmm.. For me, it's fjords as my problem. And appaloosa. They're like Lay's potato chips, man. You can't have just one. So yeah, I feel your pain. Claiming... *thinks hard* A Luestin, a Fjord, a Grade and a black snowflake appaloosa mustang XD ((Second gen too, I think)). But the fjord!! I don't have the color I'm getting yet. ((Dun buckskin)) Though Ryuu bred some new markings onto them! *gasp* Tobiano and Roan. Now I need to start my whole collection over with the new markings on each one.

Neocridders

Have you seen my stables? I've been hoarding male vanners (and girlies too!) since the very first event for Quinsta. I don't know how to stop myself. I keep telling myself to expand to new breeds. I love the newest breed. But I just ... NEED to keep breeding beautiful vanners!

springacres

What Neo said.  XD I can very very VERY seldom resist a pretty Vanner... and then ONLY if I already have another with the same color, pattern and modifiers in the SAME gender... XDDD

ETA: I may yet develop the same issue with Fjords.  Because DUNS.

skysnolimit

Andalusians are my weak spot XD;;  I just keep bribing for them and breeding them!  Sometimes if a bribe for another Quinsta doesn't work out, I think "well to make myself feel better I should just reallocate that money to bribe for another pretty Andalusian broodmare" XD; >.>  don't tell my family

Projects definitely spur the imbalance.  I had four Andalusian projects going at one time, so I was just like GIVEMEMARES.  And then I was like, d'aww, they're so pretty, cutie cutie mares... want mares....

Even Luestins and other projects can't shake me now :/  Lol.  I collected QH's until I had four, and then I just didn't want any more because mine were already so pretty together.  *sighs about Quinsta*

tl;dr: Andalusian love <3 <3 <3

Silvanon

This thread makes me happy.  XD

Wildfilly94

*snugs* So happy I'm not alone. XD
You guys are awesome. Haha.

It should Silv! Your art is to pretty an awesome <3

Ravvana

I am with Wild in mustangs anonymous XD I love a lot of the lineart, but some combination of the mustang art and my RL love for mustangs make them completely irresistible to me. I always think that I'm running out of mustang coats on my must-have list, but then every breeding season at least 75% of my claims go to mustangs. Apparently I will never have enough XD

Wildfilly94

You and I need to band together ravv! XD I always find new goals from you, and now I'm DYING for a frame overo. Haha!

Ravvana

My current goals are to "finish" my mare collections with my favorite overo (frame) and favorite appaloosa (leopard). Currently I have both on bay, chestnut, and black, so I just need brown mares with those two genes. Then maybe I'll start on tobiano :)

Wildfilly94

Ohh cool! I'll look out for failed frames then XD
I got myself a buckskin leopard appy girl this time around, sooo excited for her!

springacres

I am also in Roan, Silver Dapple and Dun Lovers Anonymous!  XD Out of my four foals claimed this season, three are dun (one is a dun roan) and of course a high percentage of my Quin have at least one of those genes as well *G*

Keilin Alyr

Oh, if we're talking modifiers as well as breeds, I'm a self-admitted cream (especially palomino) addict. Gotta love those beautiful golden coats. ^^

I'm trying to get two 1st gen palominos in every breed I follow (which I breed for a cremello) and palomino + single modifier 2nd gens as an extended project. So far, I'm really only close to completion in Shetlands.

No longer has zombie eyeballs. May still have a craving for brains, as there's no intelligence or sanity left in hers. XD

PonyMama

I have an issue of collecting Mini's.  I don't care on temperament or anything, I just want them.
I am a total sucker for them even more if they have bald face

During bribing seasons I usually only put in one, and this season there were so many bald face minis, I almost bribed for them all, but limited myself to 2

skysnolimit

I am a huge sucker for chestnut, especially red duns!  I've spent almost a year on my red dun into Andalusian project (started before there were chestnut Andalusians, so I got hung up a lot just trying to breed chestnut in first) and I'm also trying to get a red dun male Clyde with no modifiers.

Or a Flaxen Red Dun Sabino Overo Clyde!  That's another favorite modifier combination of mine.

Dunalinos aren't far behind the rest XD;;

Ryuukokoro

I have a weakness for overo frames. It's more like a curse, I end up collecting breeds I don't even like if it's wearing frame! *looks at the weird little shetlands, Clyd, and Arabian in the corner of her stalls* Aw, who'm I kidding, I love you guys. *ruffles weird Quin*

Also, although Fjords are one of my fave poses ever for lineart, I have barely any of them. o.0 Though I think that will change now that I bred some pretty genes into them! lol.

Kudos to the person who tackles getting dun OUT of Fjords. Now that's a breeding project that would give me a headache.

Winged

My favourite breed is Friesians, especially now they have more genes in them! I currently have a (very diffficult) project to get my character Kelpie as one, and i also have a prokect to get a mare with every different white marking. I have 2/7 now.
Owner of Gliders!

Wildfilly94

I really want a brown blanket appy fresian.. Lol. And a sooty buckskin tobiano Luestin :3
I've never actually done a project like that before though so I'm not even sure where to start XD

springacres

Well, sooty buckskin is brown with cream, so that shouldn't be too hard to get.  It's the tobiano that might be a challenge.

Wildfilly94