News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

Mother Nature >.< (aka female problems)

Started by red_uni387, February 05, 2010, 11:50:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

red_uni387

so. red needs some help with her period D:

I realized that my current cycle result in me spending half the year in pain, which I really do not want to have to deal with. Usually it goes: one week of pain spasms(before it starts), two days of duller constant pain, another day of even duller constant pain, and a last day of more spasms. Anyone have any tips to help stop the pain? Hot showers/baths don't work for me :(

(sometimes the spasm pain is so bad I have to crawl to my bed and sit down for a while ;_;)

edit: thank guys <3 I talked to my mom, and she said to try taking pain meds first before seeing a doctor

indigowulf

It may sound strange, but, have you considered the pill? It usually helps control your cycle and limit pain

red_uni387

pill? there's a pill that could've helped and I never heard anything about it? D: (though it might be cause I'm 14....)

Goddesss

I have heard that also.  The pill actually messes with me bad and I cant take it.  I start my period within a week of starting the pill and it wont stop until I stop taking the pill.

Motrin and a heating pad might work.  I have very painful periods and alot of the time just spend a couple days on the couch in pain.  

Goddesss

hehehehe she is talking about birth control pills.

red_uni387

I dun think my mom would let me take birth control pills >>

thnks Goddesss, will try the motrin <3 I wish I could spend my days on the couch, but school wouldn't exactly understand that :(

Ryuukokoro

I think you need to schedule an appointment with a gynocologist instead of getting advice from people online. *nod nod* That's why professionals exist! :)

red_uni387

I like people online better XD (plus I really don't wanna ask my mom to take me to an appointment o.o)

Ryuukokoro

You could have a serious condition. Online people are not going to be able to give you professional help. And it could be something that is better to catch early. Even if it's nothing, better safe than sorry! I know it's awkward and embarrassing, but that's just a part of life if you're born female, I'm afraid.

And a gynocologist would be able to better explain to your parents why birth control pills (which MANY non-sexually active girls take) can help you with your cycle.

red_uni387

I just looked it up, and it says that it's due to contractions, nothing about it being a problem if it's more painful (then got distracted by fruit)

what exactly is a gynocologist anyway? xD

Goddesss

gynocologist is a woman doctor.  Specialize in woman reproductive parts

ETA: Woman dr meaning a dr for women not a dr that is a woman.

PM's Adopties

I have a friend who has PMS really bad.  She has her tubes tied and she useds birth control to control her symptoms.  it can be used for hormone control. 

I agree though, go to a gyno.

indigowulf

Ya, I suggested the pill, but I didnt consider that medical advice, as I believe you have to have a perscription to get them, which would require a real doc to confirm my idea :)

red_uni387

goddesss did you go to a gynocologist? since you said you have to lie on the couch for a few days....

i'll talk to my mom tomorrow about going to see a professional, it's a bit too late right now

Solistia

I would also recommend going to a gynocologist. I had highly irregular periods growing up, and after 6 months without having one, my mom took me to a Gyno at age 16. It was a bit awkward, but it made me and my mom feel better (turned out to be nothing wrong XD)

YourLoveOnly

I had the same thing and my doctor recommended the pill which really helped for me. But everyone is different, so you should ask a doctor about it ^^

SplitX

I took a depo shot. It does the same thing, but I would NOT take it if I were you. It honestly depends on the person, of course, but here's the thing; for normal people, after it wears off, you can miss your period for a very long time and then have it for a long time, too. :/ Birth control pills, however, do help a majority of girls with period problems. <3 It relieves your period, and after a while of taking it, there's definitely a chance of it completely getting rid of your periods as long as you take it, and going off of it doesn't really do any harm. Of course, it DOES depend on the person, but I'd go to a woman doctor and talk about it. Some people just have terrible cramps, but sometimes, it could be your body saying, "Haaalp me." Of course, I definitely wouldn't stress over it. It wouldn't help any thing. ;3 Just talk to your mom openly and honestly. Say you looked it up, and you'd like a professional opinion on it. If it is something off, going unchecked won't do any good. If it isn't, then it'd still be a good thing to see if you'd be better off without those pesky periods. ;)

indigowulf

hehe they should change the name of birth control pills to "cycle control pills" my younger sister was on them when she was 14, it was the only way she could go to school and function during her 10 days.

SplitX

I started my period the night of my 10th birthday (and of course, it was a sleepover. xD) After 7 years, you get used to it, but I never really get cramps or anything. o_o; Well, got. >_< DX

indigowulf

Hehe me too! I was 12, but same with the sleepover thing. What was worse, it was a weekend, and I had a *huge* crush on the girl I was staying with's older brother.

That weekend, he also had all HIS friends over (basically all the hot guys in school in one place). So, when my mom finally gets there to pick me up, I pull her in the kitchen and tell her Im bleeding.

Now, they had an older sister named Jenny. My mom calls back into the living room, where EVERYONE is watching a movie, and asks Jenny if she has a pad I can use. I wanted to die!!

SplitX

Oh gosh. XD That's awful!

My doggy died the day of my 10th birthday, and I started my period that night. What a slap in the face. D:

YourLoveOnly

Goddesss

Quote from: red_uni387 on February 06, 2010, 01:02:11 AM
goddesss did you go to a gynocologist? since you said you have to lie on the couch for a few days....

i'll talk to my mom tomorrow about going to see a professional, it's a bit too late right now

I go to a gyno every year for a check up.  They dont really offer much help for the pain.  I have really screwy periods.  I have gone 6 months with out them and I have been on them for 4 months was the longest.  I am going on 2 weeks now and feel really sick.  I do have a hormone imbalace caused from my thyroid which one gyno told me causes me to not ovulate.  I would go see a gyno if I were you.  I just offered motrin as a help to get you out of pain until you could.

Garney

I started when I was 7 and every single month since then (barring pregnancies of course) have been excruciating pain and pain and more pain. No shot, pill, or medication has ever really helped, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't try, or shouldn't see a gyno. Because one of those 'slightly more painful than the other' months I went to the doctor and they found cysts. So definitely see a doctor just in case.

Neocridders

Mine were absolutely terrible when they first started. But it has gotten a little better.

And along with terrible pain, there was SO much blood. Like, I could not go the first few classes of the day at school without having red pants. I was so  embarassed.

But I was reading a Lupus book, and I think some people with Lupus have longer periods with tons more blood, and some have a really short and nearly painless periods.

I happen to have Lupus. I was diagnosed when I was 13 I believe. Maybe 12.

Spixy

Mine was really horrible when it started (I was 12 I think) I often had to lock myself up in a bathroom and just squirm around on the floor for an hour, then the pain turned dull for a few hours, before a new wave began. So in my case I choose to talk to my doctor about my period to somehow put a lid on my period. She suggested birth control pills and thank the lord for them! The only downside on them is the hormones, my body is very sensitive and I've tried 3-4 different brands before finally settling on "Yaz" - the only brand that isn't causing major headaches several times a week.