News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

Update!

Started by Pega, August 01, 2013, 12:03:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pega

So... once upon a time, I moved. And that move was much more hectic and stressful than anticipated. And took way more time to settle in than expected. Hey... I am STILL not really settled in.

Okay, so, then, I had to fill out paperwork and change my identity---well--- Social Security card--- and get fingerprinted for my new job.

And THEN I had no internet still. And I bought two male rats to make babies with my female rats, because OMGOSH CUTE and because the girls were getting middle-aged. BUT one of the boy rats was sick and I didn't know.

And just when I had internet, I HAD A FAMILY VACATION. While we were gone, THE BOY RAT MADE ALL THE RATS SICK AND HE DIED. And then OUR FAVORITE RAT, Whisper died too! (While we were gone)

And then I was back for a few days, trying to nurse the two remaining females back to health. Spirit, our little blue-gray rat, died in my hubby's arms. We got syringes and antibiotics and HYDRATED AND MEDICATED the remaining rat. Meanwhile, another vacation was on its way. My friends convinced me to take the remaining rats, one male and one female, with us.

We did.

Miraculously, (and I mean it--- she was on the cusp of death), Misty started EATING AND DRINKING AGAIN. We still have to give her and the remaining boy rat their antibiotics, which they hate (especially the boy, who was new and doesn't trust us), but they are alive!

Then we got back and went to the pet store to tell them about our unfortunate tale (they didn't seem to care) and to buy bedding for our rodent friends. And something amazing happened:

The pet store, which usually only sells male rats, had a FEMALE in a separate cage! Rats are social creatures, so our lone female and lone male needed friends, so we bought the female, which turned out to come with her two babies for only $5, one of which is a male and one of which is a female.

The sick rats are still quarantined for another 5 days or so, but they will soon have friends! YAY! Also, The new momma seems to be pregnant again... so... surprise there! We may soon have more ratties than we know what to do with. Luckily, I think I will take a few to my classroom as class pets, because I got permission, yay!

And now I am starting new teacher meetings and such, and...

I WILL NOT FORGET THE DRAW I HAVE NOT FINISHED.

That is the point of this post.

So... what is everyone else up to?

In other unrelated news, I am also 17 months weeks pregnant. XD

Pega

Oh! I forgot. We bought a scanner. :D So I may be re-scanning people's C'banae for quality's sake.

Ryuukokoro

Wow Pega you've been busy!!

Saturnalia

Eek! Much chaos. I'm sorry about the ratties :(

Hope things calm down soon!

Pega

I am happy, despite all the rat-burrying and craziness.

I also changed my amount of time being pregnant. XD As Ddpej of the Garden Terrace said, "17 Months pregnant? Baby's gonna be big! XD"

Hahaha...

So, yeah. Thanks for showing interest. :D

Saturnalia

lol, I was a little confused about the 17 months, but I figured it was a typo :) Congrats!

skysnolimit

skysnolimit

Baaaaaabyyyyyyyyyy!  <3 <3 <3  Congratulations, Pega!

Pega

Silvanon

Awe, I'm so sorry to hear about your poor ratties. 

But:  Eeeee, congrats on expecting!!!

springacres

So sorry to hear about your ratties... but EEEEE, super congrats on the pregnancy!!!

(In future, I'd suggest quarantining new animals for a couple of weeks so you can make sure they're healthy before introducing them to your other critters.  Hope all your other ratties get well quickly and no one else gets sick!)

Pega

Thank you to both of you!

I knew to quarantine them, but the hubby wanted them to meet each other. He can be rather stubborn, and so he let them just meet. But it was enough. :/ I am afraid he has to learn a LOT of lessons the hard way like this. XD