News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

River is an addict... :P

Started by Riverwind, August 03, 2013, 08:32:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Riverwind

Lol okay so here's the story:

Recently, as most of you know, I have been trying to wrap stuff up in the Masayo Summer Games thread. One of the events I had open was song customs. Well, something completely unexpected happened--one of the songs got me into watching a TV show and now I am addicted.

Ember, it was your video that made me start to watch Merlin, and now I am having trouble staying away from it. xD So, thank you for that.

Just thought I'd share this bit of info since I am currently running on no sleep (and obviously you know why). So...the no sleep part makes me weirdly hyper and ramble...

Winged

Merlin's a great programme, i've watched it from when it started and always liked it :)
Owner of Gliders!

Riverwind

Yeah it is a great series, but sadly, it was cancelled after season 5 and I'm already on season 4 so it wont last and I'll be in a fit of despair. :'(

Ember

Ahahaha oh my, why didn't I see this earlier? Truth be told I gave the link to the AMV (instead of a lyric video) deliberately to see if I could lure anyone into the show! I'd heard about it on Tumblr and got sucked into it and it quite effectively stole my soul. I think it even may have nudged Supernatural out of its place as my favourite show.

As much as people say it was cancelled after season 5...I don't know. Even if that's the case I think it ran through its natural progression at that point and further seasons likely would have been a rehash of the same old things. Unless...but I don't want to say more because the finale is better unspoiled.

Also, Merlin gave me a rather unhealthy celeb-love for Colin Morgan that I just can't shake. XD

Riverwind

Hehe yeah well I did a little more peeking on Google and there's like, half of the links saying it was cancelled after season 5 and half saying there will be a 6th. So, I'm really hoping that the second half is right and I will not be without my Merlin fix for long! :D

Then again, if they actually did a proper ending with season 5 then a season 6 would probably be unexciting...

Ember

Ah, well, it's just a rumour about season 6. One that even the lead actors say isn't going to happen (I vaguely remember seeing quotes that Bradley James and Colin Morgan wouldn't return even if given the chance). Besides, they're all wrapped up in new projects and such now.

Not to mention that season 5 ended very...definitively. XD I go to fanfics now for my Merlin fix. Or just rewatch episodes. I bought the first season a couple weeks ago. <3