News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

Why has PM been inactive?

Started by PonyMama, September 27, 2013, 03:55:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PonyMama

I went on vacation and that was a blast, then for the rest of the summer we had nice family outings that were free to get us all out of the hot house, then school started back up

Now we are a month past that and I have coloured and fiddled with a bit in that time, but was finding I had no desire to colour, which tells me I was burnt out, so I have continued with my break

now we have been struggling horribly to put food on the table, so I have been crafting at home to try and make some extra cash, with no luck, so I am hoping with some luck I can hook up paypal and sell some online, just so I can get some milk and bread

just give me some time

Winged

Glad you had a good summer PM! That's terrible you're struggling, take as much time as you need i completely understand. When i first set it up, i thought paypal might be difficult but found it fairly easy and quick to set up, so hopefully you won't have any problems.
Owner of Gliders!

PonyMama

I have been setting it up for like 2 years, I have had problem after problem, but I think I got it now

I am hoping if I have it figured out I can sell some mini scrapbooks and things for just some extra cash for the everyday needs: milk, & bread

Ryuukokoro

I'm glad you got Paypal working, PM! Now you can open at etsy shop for your homemade items! Ebay is a good choice too!

You could color adoptables for USD orders too, you have some great shops for that. ^^ And I'll bet your Quin could tempt a lot of people, I know I would be tempted by a lot of them!! (Not a fan of the pale cream though, shorry ^_^;; )

PonyMama

it's okay not parting with any more quin and although I would LOVE to custom colour some adopties I have some owed work and need to get that out before anything else
I know people are very understanding when it comes to financial issues but at the same time they have waited patiently so they come first

Riverwind

Aww I really want to help out, but unfortunately am not a fan of the miniature horses. :( I'm really sorry you're having such a hard time. *Hugs* <3

BabyKittenCandy

Im sorry to hear you have been struggling dear, I know how you feel and can sympathise.. we have had a really rough patch this year and would have lost our house if not for our parents (hence me being quite inactive too!). For $6 I will happily be a guinea pig for you and test your paypal, just pm me the details ;)

ETA: On the points of Etsy and Ebay, since this year I was trying to get a jewellery making small business off the ground, I found the following: Ebay's fee's and the stance ebay takes with buyers/sellers it wasnt worth worth using. Etsy's fee's are amazingly more reasonable but its *really* hard to get noticed on there, like really really! Maybe you could offer some stuff here if Silv was ok with it, afterall christmas is coming up and people will be looking at gifts and personally, I would much prefer to buy handmade items from a small business than mundane stuff from large chain stores.

BKC

skysnolimit

I second what BKC said.  I would love to see an Etsy shop!  Good luck, PM :-)

Ryuukokoro

I agree with BKC too. Hanging out religiously in forums where people buy, sell, and trade 80's children's toys, I have had a lot of exposure to people who use Ebay and Etsy, either just once in a while or as their major source of income. Ebay has higher fees and they are less likely to help you if things go wrong, but it's a place where you're much more likely to find the right audience for specific things you're selling. Etsy is better for homemade stuff and the fees are more reasonable, but it's so overrun with everyone doing homemade items there that it's hard to stand out amongst the crowd. Both options have pros and cons.