News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

Finally over...ish

Started by Rosedawn, January 14, 2014, 10:47:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rosedawn

I'm so tired. I have had so much work to do over the last 2 months and I'm plum exhausted. In the plus side my giant project is turned in and complete.

Thankfully Friday is the end of my 15 day work stretch withouta break. I feel like my brain is going to explode. I need some serious cheering up.

Wildfilly94

*snugs* Poor rose! I hope you find some relief and relaxation time the next few days. I'm sure this will all pay off soon!!

Bunraku

Pinkshadow

*hugs* rose (:

- hope you get to relax soonish

Silvanon

*more hugs*  Hang in there!  You're close!  You can do it!

Rosedawn

Oh my week of fun and joy continues!! *SARCASM*

(But thank you SO MUCH TO SkySong for the gorgeous Vincent mimic. He's becoming more of an everywhere character than I ever imagined he would!!)

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I'm apparently racist.

A sub yesterday basically insinuated that I was racist. I about threw an eraser at his head are you ****ing kidding me!?

Long story made slightly less long: Sub has been in that class (not the same sub mind you) for 2 weeks. This teacher has been out since we got back from winter break.

The kids, having had a sub for TWO WEEKS have completely lost their minds. I went in there, noticed the bedlam and looked at the kids. I saw 5 that I actually teach in my English class. Five kids that I know their names. They are MY kids. So I look at them, they are all looking at me like "please help us Ms. J" and I yank them from the class to come do work with me. I'm off that period.

2 other students look up and are like PLEASE TAKE US WITH YOU. I grab them too. All of these kids complete their assignment cause they are with me and it gives the sub an opportunity to get the world in order.

Afterwards the kids are gone and he asks, very tensely "Why did you choose THOSE students?"

I smile and say "because I teach all of those kids. They are in my English class."

"But why THOSE kids? I wasn't having a problem with those kids."

I'm now confused. Again I say "Because those are MY kids. I teach those kids. I was just trying to cut down on your class size." Thinking: I have a report with those kids, they KNOW me and they will work for me.

He just stares at me and then goes: "I hope no one sees it as separatist." And walks away.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME??

Before I even have a chance to process this I walk away because if I had let it process I would have beaten down on that old black man and then it WOULD have been a hate crime.

I walked back to my other room and thought, what the hell does he mean. Then it dawned on me. The 5 kids I pulled initially, the 5 I teach....all happen to be the white girls in my class. It is odd and weird but my ONLY kids in that class are 5/6 of the white girls I have in my 7th period. I hadn't even considered it.

BUT I will point out the two who said TAKE US WITH YOU were 2 boys: Latino and Black. I had minorities in that room and holy manure how dare you insinuate you pompous....

Breathe Deep. Seek Peace Ms. J.....

SPO

I would report him. That is not acceptable.

sera

*snuggleloves*  At some point you will look back on this and laugh, because that was absolutely ludicrous on his part.  *fluffs*  i'm sorry you had to deal with that, though.  Guh.  Some people's children.

Rosedawn

I've been sorta laughing about it today but REALLY? REALLY?!

PS; If language is an issue on secundi I can edit. I don't think I've ever REALLY ranted on here before.

SPO

My language would have been worse. >>

Silvanon

Oh good heavens.  Yes, let's take a person's honest efforts to help and make unfounded accusations about how they're racist.  I don't know what that person's deal was, but from what you've described he obviously wasn't viewing the situation clearly or objectively.

Hum, here, we'll make up a story for him that explains why he did what he did, and then maybe we'll feel better about it.   Last year, Mr. Sub gave a bit of one-on-one attention to a struggling student who just so happened to be caucasian.  A minority student in the class had a question but was waiting for Mr. Sub to get done with the other student first before asking.  The bell range before minority student got to ask her question, and later that evening when she didn't understand her homework, she complained to her mom that she didn't get to ask her question because Mr. Sub was busy with the caucasian student.  Minority mom got really upset and brought a lawsuit against the school district and against Mr. Sub for supposed racist teaching practices in school.  Mr. Sub went through a terrible time dealing with the lawsuit and only hung onto his job by a thread, and now he's totally paranoid about race issues.

Or, you know, maybe he was just cranky that the "regular" teacher didn't take the "difficult kids" and give him an easier time, and was looking for some way to "get back" at you for it, even if what he came up with was silly from an objective standpoint.  :P

(Language needs to be kept to Secundi's PG-13 rating.  Please do avoid using the f-word.  **'d out or otherwise would be better.  Thanks!)

SkySong

(Glad you like! Hopefully he cheered you up some.)
Adoptable threads: None currently ~ Trading thread: N/A ~ Breeding thread

LC Custom Status: Closed
LC Breeding Status: Closed