News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

So how was your day?

Started by SkySong, January 24, 2014, 02:35:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SkySong

Yeah.... Just had the displeasure of reading through drama. So... Care to reestablish my faith in adults? How was your day? Enjoying the fact that it is Friday?

Dad's birthday is today. A couple of our friends are gonna go all out and have planned a surprise party for him. I think it'll semi blow up in our faces, seeing as he's Scrooge when it comes to all things celebrating. But. It's nice to be doing something for him, instead of the other way around.  :)
Adoptable threads: None currently ~ Trading thread: N/A ~ Breeding thread

LC Custom Status: Closed
LC Breeding Status: Closed

PonyMama

My little brother turns 29 tomorrow but is out of town, My back does NOT hurt today.  I had a great night sleep, my kid is breaking stuff but I am not going to go see what, I got some things coloured today and readied some things for colouring

so all in all good day

Ember

My day's been alright. Bit of a rough start considering I had an 8am class across the street. -27 celsius (-16.6 for those who use fahrenheit) temperature at that hour is just unpleasant. And for a rather boring class in which the teacher talks too fast for notes.

I'm having a social with some friends tonight. Apparently there will be pizza and most likely a movie of some sort and it'll be good. I was gonna go out to a club tonight too but given how cold it is I think I'll stay in and find someone to curl up with and watch movies/tv with or something.

Sunchaser

I am sick but hubby came home at 12 which makes me happy :) *snuggles skysong*

Silvanon

LilBit had her "sharing" (show and tell to us old folks) in school today.  She took her plushy Leafeon that she got from her cousins for Christmas.  She came home so excited that she got to show off her favorite toy.  <3

Kahlira

Filed my taxes today! Getting almost a thousand back, which is awesome XD And! Don't owe the state, which is also a plus. (Though I went to a different place because the place I've been going for the past four years raised their prices and I was like NOO WAYY! But that's ok. I'm just happy I get a refund :D AND!!! I have Minion fruit snacks XD

SPO

Silv that is ADORABLE.

I had class all day but I am home early (3 instead of 5!) and am now relaxing before I drop some stuff off at a tack swap for tomorrow. So it is pretty good!

Wildfilly94

Watching Harry Potter marathons all day, and I feel like crap because my drive to color FCFC today has completely disappeared. :/ I've been getting through them so fast, and now when I open photoshop, I can only just stare at it and close it back down again. D:

Otherwise, not a bad day. Though my brownies don't taste dense and rich, they taste like high school brownies, all dry and flavorless. D: I'm so depressed.

SPO

Nothing a glass of milk can't fix Wild! :D

Wildfilly94

XD It did help, but its my own fault for expecting so much out of these brownies. Lol!

SPO

I made Ghirardelli Double Chocolate brownies yesterday. I am slightly disappointed but STILL SO GOOD.

Eat them with popcorn.

SkySong

Quote from: PonyMama on January 24, 2014, 02:37:51 PM
my kid is breaking stuff but I am not going to go see what

Made me laugh. XD

Wow, that's quite frigid! It's been in the single digits but at least it's still been positive!

Aww, Sunny! I've got a head cold myself (Mostly just sniffling and congestion.) so we're kinda in the same boat there. *snuggles back*

Hehe - Pokemon seems to be a traditional thing for American kids to play with now. Sounds adorable!

That's good news, Kah! I can definitely wait to deal with all those... adult... stuff. XD The perks of still being in high school.

SPO - love having school off early, or late, or not at all! We've been getting that a lot this month, with the freaky weather and what not.

Oh noes, Wild! D8 That's no good. I def know that feeling, though. Think everyone does. <3

Scullisto

I met a bunch of folks from Scotland today who tried to drive down the price of admission to the museum...I let them in on a discount and we all had a laugh.  I also met a potential congressman today from my area...nice guy who wants to do good things...thus securing his place as runner up. (he wasn't campaigning he was just dropping by to see a friend).
I had french toast for lunch with a side of bacon and glorious unsweetened ice-tea.

SkySong

Sounds like fun, Sculli! I love people from different country. The way they act can be so different in an amusing and interesting way. Hope no one was offended!

Wildfilly94

Stop teasing me SPO! D: I love Ghiradelli Chocolate brownies. D:

QuoteHehe - Pokemon seems to be a traditional thing for American kids to play with now. Sounds adorable!

.... I'm turning 20 very soon and I play... 3:

SkySong

XD Yes, but you also played it when you were younger, yes? It's a game that kids start playing and keep playing. Point was that it is very popular with kids, to the point of being expected, almost. Not that other age groups don't enjoy it, too! <3

Wildfilly94

I started at 16... XD I'm an oddity to the statistics. Tim introduced me (Well, to the gameboy games, I LOVED the show when I was little and had cards) and I was all OMG NOM. My pokemon are my babies <333

SPO

*tease tease tease*

Michael just walked inside and gave me this look. It might be because I am sitting on the couch with a pan of brownies, bag of popcorn, and glass of milk

SkySong

Haha, that's what I mean, though! Whether it's the shows or the cards or the dolls or the games, people've been playing with them as kids!

PonyMama

if I can weigh in, I will be 31 next month, I play pokemon
nothing wrong with that either

Silvanon

I didn't get started with Pokemon until I was 32.  I admit I always wanted to as a kid, but I never got the chance to play any Pokemon then.  XD  But yeah, me playing Pokemon is what initially got LilBit into it.

Wildfilly94

*Glomps SPO*

Haha, yeay PM! :D Tim and I are currently competing with finiding Shiny pokemon... Hes winning. >.>

SPO

I grew up collecting the cards but thats it. I never did the games.

Wildfilly94

SPO PLAY THE GAMES OMG. Pokemon X & Y are the best ones, and newest. But the others are awesome too.

SPO

I forgot to say how much fun school was though! I did temp, respiration, and pulse on a pig and a sheep. I LOVED IT! I LOVE PIGS! They are so sweet.

Sarah Badr

Making a big pot of veggie soup to get us all warmed up. Snuggling lil fuzzy pups and puds (kittens). It was -3 yesterday in the morning here!

Bunraku

Admittedly, I didn't get much sleep last night due to being extremely worried, but I'm in a good mood because my friends have been by my side throughout everything and its enabled me to maintain the sense of balance I need.

On a more positive note, I'm having a great deal of fun learning how to play Minecraft and leveling my Aion characters, looking forward to future RP's, and just generally feeling positive about my friendships ^^

Sunchaser

*hugs everyone in thread* i love you all o.o

I just want to say how much you all mean to me. My cancer is hopefully not back we find out truly for certain around the 10th of febuary but i just want to say thank you guys.

I have gotten some very sweet pms latly and i just want you all to know i think of you as family. So does my husband because he knows you all keep me sane. lol

Wildfilly94

Oh Sunny I wish you luck and good fortune at the doctors!! <333 *snugs*

On another note: Hargid and Madame Maxine. ;-; *Dies of the cute*

SkySong

*group hug with Sunny*

Wanna keep responding to y'all individually because it's fun, but it's going to fast for me to keep up. XD

Aww, sorry, Bun! Glad video games can come to the aid! And that sounds delish, Sarah! Idk why, but I'd take soup over sweets any day - especially in this weather.