News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

Collections

Started by PonyMama, January 31, 2014, 12:20:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PonyMama

Okay so I am going to gather my collection together and try get one picture of it, which I am sure will fail so probably many pictures of it, which got me thinking

Who else Collects something and would like to share?

(and for anyone who knows my situation I would like to say I have been in a vintage withdraw for a while cause I just can't afford to buy any more right now)

Wildfilly94

My collection is Breyer horses. :3 Though I really don't want to dig out my three boxes of them.. So For now I'll just say, I have atleast 150 Breyer horses... Mostly the little box set size, tons of stablemates, and then a few traditionals.. -.- and thanks to SPO I got three more a few days ago, who will look spectacular next to my little collection of traditionals. :)

BabyKittenCandy

I collect the Old Style (G1) My little Ponies! I also collect (when i can afford to!) Ball jointed dolls with a preference for the Resin one though I do have a ABS one and considering getting another.

My ponies are all packed away atm saddly, i do need to get some nice pics of them all but not atm

Saturnalia

Ooh boy. It's been said that I collect collections.

Breyers: More than I could ever fit in one photo, and many of which are in storage at my mom's still.

My Little Ponies: Mostly the G1s, though my collection is, again, in storage. I need a big house where I can fit everything, ahhh!

Windstone Editions: Just a handful, since they are pricey. I actually just won another, need to get photos of her as she's an adorable, one-of-a-kind bat-winged Flap Cat. Second one I've won from their forums this year, whee! But here's a photo of the unicorn I won a few months back, with the rest of my collection.

...I need to get better photos, lol ;)

But whee! I love this thread! I love seeing peoples' collections.

PonyMama

This is my Vintage Glassware collection with a few other vintage things that happened to be close

Picture one has Pyrex, Delphite (Canadian Pyrex), Fireking, Anchor Hocking, a citrus press, vintage jug, and old tobacco tin

Picture two contains Pyrex, JAJ Pyrex (pyrex from England), Fireking

Picture three contains Pyrex, JAJ Pyrex, and one damaged pyrex that is now a pot for some ivy

Picture four contains Fireking and some old Stemware

Picture five contains the pattern my mother chose to start me off with which is the most complete part of my collection of pyrex

PonyMama

I wish you guys didn't have them packed away.  I love seeing what other people collect

and saturn those are pretty

We as a couple hubby and I collect many more things, dragons, skulls artwork, vintage bar mirrors, Pooh and Star Wars (most darth Vadars)

Midnight Phantom

Huh o.o. My mother sort of collects Pyrex, she liked their style and looks for them when she can ^.^ ::amused::

I also collect the old style MLP and mix between the G series..also in storage x.x

PonyMama

My mother's collection of pyrex is insane.  she actually has a Pyrex room, as well as her daily use ones and then seasonal displays.  Much of it will be what she passes to me.

Added my last picture

and as soon as I do a few dishes, my vintage citrus press and that pretty yellow vintage jug will be used to make me some fresh Limeade

Saturnalia

PM, I love the different colors and patterns on the glassware! Very nice collection :)

I dug up better photos of my Windstones...

Baby Pegasus in White

Black Bat-Winged Flap Cat

Siamese Bird-Winged Flap Cat

Hatchling Dragon in Emerald

Fledgling in Emerald

Young Dragon in Peacock

My largest, Male Dragon in Rainbow

"Woodsy", a Grab-Bag Unicorn I won as a raffle prize
And crummy webcam shot of the newest addition:

Flap Cat, prize from a Forum Quest

(Edited to fix photo order)

I can probably dig up a handful of Breyer photos; I'll look for them later =)

PonyMama

OMGoodness saturn, some of those look so cheeky.  Love them

Laviee

Wow these are so cool. :o
I feel do lame, I don't collect anything. Except adoptables...lol. College kid struggle means I don't have space to put collections. :/

PonyMama

I got my collection started by my mother handing me a good portion as a "On my own" gift after I had my daughter.  Over the last 12 years I have only added to the collection for the last 4 years and not often since I have had to use my money for food, and I will NOT add to my collection if I can't feed my kids.

however unlike many other collections, mine can be used, I use it all for cooking, baking, eating and storing

Bunraku

Should I drag in my collection of breyers and Final Fantasy action figures? XD;; I'll have to grab good pictures but I have them out on display in my room. Some of my breyers are in storage, though.

Scullisto

Im a collector...alas most of my stuff is now packed for our move...but I will list my stuffs..

I collect
non-fiction werewolf and folklore books
Gypsy Vanner everything
celebrity autographs

Ember

I have a collection of over 100 TY beenie babies. Most of them probably aren't worth anything, though, because I started getting them really young and I used to have my parents cut off the tags. Still, I love them very much and if I ever do get rid of them it would be to a family friend's children or my own children down the road.

Bunraku

Hah! That reminds me, I also have a massive collection of beanie babies, I see some I have there. I don't know where all of mine are though but I do own a ton of them from when i was young.

Lectral

Breyer horses... various other figures... various book series... the little blind bagged MLP figures >.>

Will have pics of the breyers to post shortly >.>

SPO

You did get them then Wild! :D

I don't really collect anything as I need money more than stuff at this point. I do love my horse tack though lol.

PonyMama

Yeah I have sold off a lot of my pooh stuff already during the summer, and some more of it is earmarked for garage sale

but the pyrex, I use it too so to get rid of all my dishes would mean having to buy more, so a bit counter productive

Lectral

Really quick, crappy iPad pics, because the lighting in the room is not great, and my camera is not accessible at the moment >.>  I intend to, someday, get decent pics of each model, and have them on their own pages on my site (there are a few of my show models on there already, but not nearly up to date >.>)

bottom shelf here currently holds about 50 models by itself

two pics together here, because I couldn't get the very top shelf and bottom shelf in the same one... and I just realized I still cut off the very bottom shelf, where I have around 20 classic sized models

had to move this case entirely so enough light shone on it for the ipad to see anything but shadows >.>

And this isn't actually all of them... I have several scattered through various other shelves around the house.  Current count of Breyer traditionals (unless I missed someone... which is possible) is 147.  Traditional sized Stone models I think is in the 20s.  I am not sure I even want to count the little guys again >.>

Bunraku

WOW Lectral that is an impressive collection, I am envious! I see quite a few models there that I covet.

First I'll photospam with my breyer collection. Some of the pieces I'm really proud of are missing from these because they're in storage (The cartoon version of Spirit, Silver from The Lone Ranger, Man of War (origional piece, very old) and many other origional breyers that belonged to my mother back when they only cost $5-$10 because they are still in storage. I also forgot tho photograph my Seabiscuit and War Admiral modles x.x;

A lot of these are breyer mustangs because I just love them. Anything broken/not in perfect condition came from ebay (my deer, some scuffed foals)

Mustang stallions and some foals

Mustang mares, foals. Mustang stallion that came with breyer cougar. I believe the roan foal in the previous picture also came with him, but I don't recall. The foals were very mismatched and odd in these sets.

Random breyers and foals, breyer dear...a gigantic plastic donkey behind them...random..XD and a very sad attempt on my part at a breyer custom that hasn't been fully painted yet over a heavily scuffed model I got in an ebay grab bag

Breyer unicorn, Breyer Templado (sp) a white breyer mare (I assume she is breyer) behind him...I have honestly never seen her model before or since purchasing her on ebay. She is very delicate and lovely. Also some action figure spillover with monsters from avatar, a couple centaurs I got at the science museum, and a random moose made of fur XD (I like to collect those animals made of fur that I find at tourists spots as well)

More breyer and one random plastic horse...the large palimino tobiano there is actually a custom I bought on ebay who won third place in a breyer horse show, believe it or not. She's very nicely detailed and came with her show ribbons and certificate, which are currently in storage sadly.

Like I said this isn't all of them, just what I currently have out XD;; action figure collection coming soon~

PonyMama

Okay I am going to ask.  What are breyer horses (like I can see model horses of some sort) and where can they be bought?  I have seen people say they collect them but have no clue.

You both have impressive collections of them though

Lectral

White mare is definitely a Breyer, just not a popular mold at the moment, so is hard to find in general.  They haven't made anything new on it in several years; most recent is a chestnut one painted to look like the horse from the movie Dreamer.  I have the Spirit model (somewhere on that bottom shelf of 50), and I love the Mesteno mustangs (I have that same blue roan rearing one, and all the other molds, but in different colors than yours XD)

Breyers are a collectible brand of plastic horse that have been around since the early 1950s.  They can be found in some toy stores (Toys R Us used to have a lot of them, now has some, but not many), tack stores and online (their site - http://www.breyerhorses.com/ ).  They come is several different sizes, and relative levels of realism in their sculpting styles, as they are originally sculpted by different artists.

It is definitely not a cheap hobby, but really depends on what size you prefer - the large size currently runs $30-50 a piece, depending on availability, but the smallest size is about $4 a piece

PonyMama

Hmmm, not a horse people so no desire to collect horses myself, but I see it said a lot and have no clue, and sometimes asking a simple question can get your head torn off so thought this was a safe time to ask :)

they are neat though

Bunraku

Ahh thank you for the info Lectral! I can't understand why she was never popular since I feel the model has a lot of appeal myself. I do wish I could collect more of the Mustangs, I REALLY love the stallion molds and want them in more colors than I have now. That blue roan is one of my favorites I own along with the three mustangs in the front.

Lectral

I am usually open to talking about them, without trying to convert people, as I know lots of people who could care less (including/especially my husband XD)

I should attempt to get a pic of my MLP guys.... though that is just scary >.>

SPO

I used to collect Breyers. I am selling off the rest of my collection over on Model Horse Sales Pages at the moment. I donated most of the more loved ones to the orphanage in the city a few years ago. I've got a few real good ones too. I wish I could keep collecting but I don't have the room, time, or money. I used to collect MLPs as well but sold them too.

Bunraku

And now for my action figure collection XD Again some non-FF stuff is currently in storage, but a large quantity of these are FF. Also you will see repeats of some because I later took them off of my shelf for a mass group picture. >>;;

And here we have in the back, Squall (or it could be Leon XD I mostly bought this one because I liked it) Aerith in her Crisis Core incarnation, Sephiroth and Cloud in their Kingdom Hearts incarnations, Kadaj from FFVII Advent Children, Riku form Kingdom Hearts, Axel from Kingdom Hearts, three gachapon Sephiroth's and a silver Kariri From Kingdom Hearts.

Here we have a bunch of FF13 figures in the back (Hope, Lightening, Snow...a woman who's name I don't recall... >>; ) Some random fantasy figures I collect and love for the detail and the fact that they are mounted on horses with gorgeous saddles, and a bunch of random movie/videogame figures.

Here is more of my FFVII collection, Zack Fair from Crisis Core, Advent Children Vincent Valentine, and Advent Children Cloud. In the front are Cloud and Sephiroth from Dissidia, and flanking them are Sephiroth from the Japanese Potions Gachapon, and...a random Gachapon dude who's name I do not know ._.;; But I like his russet hair...XD (I have quite a few randoms from games I haven't played and I bought just because the gachapons, or boxes where you get a surprise figure, are something i find fun)

My Sephiroth Collection! >>; I'm very proud of it ._.;; I have a few discontinued pieces and some that are hard to find without being knock-offs of the origionals, including a cold cast resin piece (left side, second one in  standing on a white base. Knock-offs of him circulate like the plauge along with plastic replicas that just aren't as nice) and the Extra Knights figure from 1997 who came in his origional Japanese packaging. A lot of these are imports from Japan ._.; (The Japanese imports are better quality...its true ._. anything I buy here never looks as nice) Also although those three smaller sephs in the middle look the same...they are not. The two on the right are gachapon from Japan, while the one on the left with the limpy sword is the american packaged version. Also...the random unicorn is holding up a KH chibi keychain..XD Err...wall of text is long... I would name all of these and where they came from, but I've already blathered too much ><; *shuffles away to her corner* >>

My chibi collection! Also, consequently, my sword collection XD; this photograph is bad, sorry guys, I can't hold a camera still to save my soul.

Anyway >_> That's my collection of things XD;;;

PonyMama

I have that Kairi from KH but mine is in full colour
So much awesome FF stuffs though

Bunraku

I got her in a gachapon, I was actually aiming to get cloud x.x; XD
Thank you ^^; I feel a bit geeky posting it all but...well...I do collect it XD and I'm proud of them

SkySong

Bun's Sephiroth Collection is the stuff of gods... And Zack. Can't forget zack.

Can't say I really collect things, unless unfinished sketches of my own count. ^^;
Adoptable threads: None currently ~ Trading thread: N/A ~ Breeding thread

LC Custom Status: Closed
LC Breeding Status: Closed

PonyMama

I got my Kairi because we knew if we ever had another little girl that is what we would name her and we wanted something with her name.
So now we have toy Kairi and 4 year old Kairi

Bunraku

Why thank you Sky XD! Believe it or not...there are some I don't have yet >>; And I love my Zack figure, I need to get the potions version of him. I wish they would make more Zacks, along with Angeal and Genesis.

And that is very sweet PM! ^.^ <3

ETA: Also...sky..skeletons? O___O

SkySong

XD you read it wrong? sketches, not skeletons. But I guess they could be considered skeletons (at least some of them) since they aren't completely finished...?

Bunraku

oops! XD Wonged Forliss made me read it wrong >>; blame him *nods*

SkySong

XD That was exactly what I was thinking. His powers are spreading from the fingers to the eyes....

Arty

I collect sketches and adoptables @.@

It's an expensive hobby but it's fulfilling to me <3

Sarah Badr

I collect frequent flyer miles....lol :P