News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

Extremely Limited Custom Gidget Offspring.

Started by Tribe, February 03, 2010, 10:54:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tribe

Ive decided that for this pair there will be three babies, all fixed then the parents will be fixed. (love dove may go on to have 2 more offspring at some point).

Sing Song is the male, hes so bright and stunning!

Love Dove is the female, i adore her white eyes!

Im taking offers on the 2 babies that will be put out into the public. Ill have contract that will need to be agreed to. All it says is that the baby is coming to you fixed and must stay that way for the duration of its life. and a few other things to keep it protected.

Nothing horrid XD

Im takings offers in just about anything! so no offer can be wrong and ill look at all of them.

Remember this is for reserving your baby, they have no current offspring.

Baby Reserve One:SplitX For Limited Aurora Offspring
Baby Reserve Two:Still Looking

*Edit:Im going to do it this way, there will be 10 offspring total still only 2 will be sold puplicly. This is so you can get the baby in the color you want. If you fill you no longer what a offspring because of this im sorry but i didnt know how gidget breeding really worked. However if i do get the babies needed before 10 offspring are born it'll be a lesser number born!*

SplitX

I'll allow 1 extra Aurora offspring in exchage for a Sing Song baby?

Tribe

Hrmm that is quite tempting, though are you just wanting a baby outta sing song or a baby from the pair? sorry i havnt quite got the breeding of gidgets figured out. I just thought if they were a pair they bred by random.

Tribe

How many aurora offspring have been sorted or promised?

YourLoveOnly

Gidgets breed at random with any of the other gidgets in your account, you can't let them breed with just each other. If you want that than you have to keep the 2 of them in a seperate account or make all your other gidgets "O"

indigowulf

Once a certain number of breeds has been promised, with the promise of "no more will be bred" and people buy these super-limiteds, its not really fair to open more slots. just my thought.
(not talking about love dove cuz you're saying up front)

1 have 3 varieties of gidgets who will be limited to 10 offspring (unless the last breeding pops out an extra, as sometimes happens)

mermaid, punkrocker, and gecko. Id trade any limited for limited.

Tribe

So anywho ill be putting all my other gidgets to o for the time being then XD they opening them back up at a later date.

As stated there will be 3 babies for these 2 together, possibly 2 more for love dove but that is highly doubted.

I wont open up extra slots at any time for any reason.

Splitty how many do you think in total? im looking for either super limited offspring and other things

SplitX

Tribe

Then id love to trade a baby splitty. Ill put one of the two up for you.

SplitX

Alright. I'll make sure Aurora's 3rd baby will go to you, for sure. :3

YourLoveOnly

=o no Aurora baby for YLO. Oh well, too bad.

@Hunni: if you make that pair have 3 babies then you could end up with the same colors 3 times. Gidget babies are copies of their parents, in case you didn't know. So you could end up with 3 gidgets colored like Love Dove and none looking like your boy. Just wanted to tell you in case you didn't know ^^ I'd love a Sing Song baby, but keeping them this limited doesn't really guarantee that one from that color will be born.. so I think I'll pass. You can always try offering it to me once I have my own custom colored gidgets xD

Gene Pool

I think there is a unspoken agreement in the gidget breeding world, that "offspring" only count for a parent's limit if they look like that parent. Perhaps a more accurate way of describing limited breeder's offspring would be "I am limiting this gidget to 3 matching offspring"

I have not decided yet if my Twisted will be limited. If I do, I'll come back and make an offer.
This is DizzyFishClick DizzyFish for website!

YourLoveOnly

You are right, but Hunni is saying she will only let the pair have three babies, not each parent.
She also said she didn't really know how Gidget breeding worked, so I'm trying to explain in case she thought they would have different colored offspring or something like that.

You can't really say you're limiting it to 3 matching offspring either if you want all the babies to have the same parents. When only breeding Gidget A to Gidget B and fixing all your other Gidgets, like Hunni is doing, you can control the lineage but you still can't control the outcome. You could end up with 3 babies that match Gidget B first and you would still not have any babies looking like Gidget A. You could of course fix Gidget B and then wait for Gidget A to produce matching babies with another parents, but I don't think that's what she wants. I understand Hunni wants the babies to have Sing Song and Love Dove as the parents, instead of randomly letting them breed and fixing each one when they reach their limit, in which case you can't control the outcome.

Tribe

Okay well i didnt know the bit about the babies looking just like one parent, however thats fine. I still want them to have only three babies together as i want the pedigrees to be perfect. So heres what ill do. If you get a reserved baby it'll be from love dove & sing song, however you'll get your choice of which parent you want your baby to look like! Sound okay?

Tribe

Oh poo you cannot get rid of unwanted babies huh?

Would it be okay if i kept all unwanted babies and still let two to the public? i think that would be okay technically since they wouldnt be of any use to anything *wishes you could release babies*

YourLoveOnly

We're not PI Hunni, so nope no killing unnameds and releasing and stuff like that.
So you can only cross your fingers and hope for the colors you want xD
I think if you would limit it to 10 babies total and only let 2 or 3 go out to the public you should be able to get everyone the color they want, but it's all luck so you can never know for sure.

Gene Pool

How strange, I wanted to go see what you had, and the search insists nobody named Hunni exists!
This is DizzyFishClick DizzyFish for website!

PonyMama

indigowulf

I think there are a couple reasons nobody is making offers.
1) if we really wanted , for example, a love dove baby, and promised you something, but all three babies came out like singsong, we would have to withdraw our offer. that wouldmake us look/feel bad
2) since they can only breed with eachother, there is a very very low chance yours will breed soon.
from what i understand of how it works- the system randomly selects gidgets from the account to be bred. if they are O, the system does not then look for non-O, it just moves on to the next breeding- which will most likely be another account, if I understand it right.

so, yours may take a very long time to have thier first baby. by then, whatever we wanted to offer, we may no longer have it.