{Quinsta} Free Studs: Chestnut Roan/Flaxen/Silver Dapple/Overo

Started by red_uni387, June 02, 2010, 09:14:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

red_uni387

All these boys are wonderful and would produce some beautiful babies I think, so they're up for free breed :) I would prefer they only bred to other gypsys, but if you know you will not be keeping or trading the baby I don't mind them being used to produce a grade horse ^^

Lete Mionech (Calm and sweet, a mover)
Chestnut Roan - ee ?a cc R? dd gg ww ll ?? tt oo ?? F? z? ??

Dane'ina Klis (Calm and sweet, not a mover)
Flaxen Chestnut Tobiano - ee A? cc rr dd gg ww ll ?? T? oo ?? ff ?? ??

Noesha'rritsak (Calm and sweet, not a mover)
Silver Dapple Bay Tobiano - Ee Aa cc rr dd gg ww ll ?? T? oo ?? ?f Z? ??

-Whimsy

Yedik (Calm and sweet, not a mover)
Black Tobiano Sabino Overo - E? aa cc rr dd gg ww ll ?? T? Oo Pp ?? zz ??

red_uni387

just a little nudge, in case anyone else is planning their breeding before the season begins as well :)

XLostxDestinyX

Gorgeous Roan!!! Havent seen one in Quin yet [is new to collecting]
Had to comment on him ^.^

CutieePiee

May I reserve Lete Mionech for the upcoming season? He's stunning. :)

red_uni387

Thank you LD! He was my first quin :D
and actually I don't think I've seen any other roan quin either(besides his daughter). interesting....

Sure Cutie ^^ Might I ask which mare he will be breeding with?

CutieePiee

I haven't fully decided yet. I might use a mare of mine or possibly someone else's... May I tell you later on?

red_uni387

Yep, I'm just curious XD or you can just post the form when the season opens and I can find out then :)

Keilin Alyr

Seems I don't have any active plans for Lete this season. Future seasons however... *devious project-plotting grin* XD

If I can reserve someone's black tobiano mare before the season ends (I don't want to deprive someone of breeding their mare when I'm not sure I'lll keep the foal), I'd love to breed Lete though. I have a few questions about his genetic code. =)

No longer has zombie eyeballs. May still have a craving for brains, as there's no intelligence or sanity left in hers. XD

springacres

Oh, I'd love to use Lete Mionech for Florica!
http://www.secundi.net/critterpage.php?ID=260980

She's known to carry chestnut and flaxen, and I hope his roan will pass as well.  Blue roan or bay roan would be SO pretty.  :D

Keilin Alyr

Blue roan is gorgeous. One of my favorite horse colors. =)

Also, Lete is actually red roan, not bay roan. So if her chestnut passes down, you'll have your own red roan, possibly with flaxen. Which would look awesome. XD

No longer has zombie eyeballs. May still have a craving for brains, as there's no intelligence or sanity left in hers. XD

Goddesss

Can I use Lete Mionech?  I want to use him for sure with Painted Dreams, but I may also want to use him with Whispering Winds.

red_uni387

lol good luck with your plans, Keilin ;) Though the first season I bred my black tobiano girl to him and they produced a black roan tobiano ^^

Sure, spring! I'll keep my fingers crossed that he's got RR in his genetic code

Of course Goddesss :) Can't wait to see what'd him and Painted Dreams will produce :D

Goddesss

Heheheh I am hoping on the long shot that my girl does carry dun and that it passes.  and I end up with a roan dun baby.  Though when I say it now it sounds stupid and I have to re think weather the dun could even be carried and passed.  =)

ETA:  Yay! just ignore me it isnt possible and I am making stuff up lol.  This is what happens when you wake up in the middle of the night and check the forums.  Dont try this at home.

red_uni387

that would be really pretty! but since dun is DD or Dd, I don't think it can be carried...

Goddesss

hehehe you are right red but there babies should be pretty anyways.  My favorate horse coloration is Strawberry Roan.

red_uni387

I sure hope so! gotta spread some more roan pretties around secundi~

Strawberry roan's my favorite coat too :D

PonyMama

Could I use Lete Mionech
I woudl be using him with Shakila

Ravvana

Rosewood

red, could I use Dane'ina Klis in a breeding with my arab Eagle's Heart?

XLostxDestinyX

Sent a message asking to use Lete Mionech in a purebred vanner breeding <3

red_uni387

Sure thing, PM, Rav, and LD ^^

I wasn't planning on letting them breed for a grade horse, but after reading Silv's response in Neo's thread, they don't sound so bad, so go ahead Rosewood :)

BabyKittenCandy

Red i love Noesha'rritsak. Im still figuring the whole genes thing as you know, would it be safe to breed Ryuu's mare with him?

http://www.secundi.net/agencyuploads/9-36.png

Keilin Alyr

They're both tobianos. It's overo x overo that's the lethal pairing. Tobianos are fine to pair. =)

red_uni387

Yep, Keilin's right :) Yedik's the only one who might produce a sterile foal, since he's got overo

CutieePiee

Hi red!! I've decided to pair up Lete Mionech with my mare Delilah. I have also posted the form, so please post permission at your convenience! :)

red_uni387

I've already posted permission for everyone who has asked to borrow one of my studs ^^ Though thank you for letting me know who you are breeding him to! <3

Edit: actually i double checked and it seems I missed you for some reason o.O going to post now

BabyKittenCandy

Great! I couldnt recall which combo it was, in that case, may i please use him with her?

red_uni387

Ryuukokoro

I would like to breed Lete Mionech with two of my girls: my flaxen chestnut Vanner and my bay sabino overo Arab, if that's okay. :)

red_uni387

Absolutely, Ryuu :) I don't think there are any roan Arabs so hopefully he'll pass roan onto the grade so it can be introduced to them ^^

Ryuukokoro

Yah!! That's my plan! ^_^ (I'm sure I'm not the only one with that plan lol)

red_uni387

All the other mares breeding with him this season are vanners, though, so you're the first to take a step towards completing it :D Unless there's another roan horsie hiding somewhere? I haven't seen any others

Ryuukokoro

Reeally? Me is surprised! Well then now I really hope the roan passes! ^__^

Anyone know if roan is dominant like dun is?

red_uni387

Yup, roan is RR or Rr, so I've got my fingers crossed that he's RR

And permission has been posted ^^

Keilin Alyr

Ryuukokoro

Yesh, Ryuu keeps that page open whenever she is working on her Quin breedings but... doesn't understand most of it. XD

I understand that RR and Rr mean visible though! So yay!

red_uni387

Capital letters means the trait is dominant ^^ So roan and dun are dominant, but flaxen is not because it's ff

sera

May i use Noesha'rritsak with my Siren's Kiss? ^^  Black Tobiano mare.  hehe

red_uni387

sure thing sera, shall post permission when my brother isn't nagging me to get off xD

kasatsu

red_uni387

well I'm sad to say my boy's Rr so his roan won't pass on all the time, but he's at least Ff so if bred to a flaxen or another heterozygous chestnut, flaxen will show. Also is Zz, so passes on silver dapple sometimes as well. Overall, I'm disappointed, but that's life :(

i will be starting a different thread for next season to be more organized and have room for my mares, so once it goes up i'll be locking this one ^^ if you'd like to be prepared waaaay in advance, feel free to PM me about borrowing one of my quin :)

Ryuukokoro

Yeah it was sad that we didn't get too many roans this season. Dice just didn't like us!

Keilin Alyr

Yeah, I'm not surprised Lete is Rr, since Astris is Dd. It'd be far too easy to breed roans and dun otherwise. The foals he's sired do sound lovely though, even if most of them aren't roan this season. =)

red_uni387

Never hurts to hope, though, and plus his one foal last season was roan so my hopes were a bit higher that they should have Dx

Hopefully roan will slowly spread through his offspring the next seasons, though, and maybe there'll even be another imported roan that can help soon :D

Keilin Alyr

I still intend to breed Yen'mira to Lete next season though. Crossing my fingers for a red dun roan, even though she's Dd. It's a long shot, but it'll really be rewarding if luck's on my side. =D

Whimsy

I'm just a tid bit confused but are you allowing your boys to breed grade offspring? That's what I plan on breeding for my quinsta stable. Id love to use your bay silver dapple boy in september if you wouldn't mind him being bred to make a grade offspring :)