The Land of the Fairy Horses - A Fantasy Corgi Adoptable in the works

Started by Fairy Horses, February 15, 2010, 06:42:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fairy Horses

Have you never heard of the fairy horses?
Never? Well, your folk call them Pembroke Welsh Corgis.
My folk call them horses.
We ride them in the midnight, and the mortals never know.
The mortals can care for our horses if they wish.

Go on, befriend one they will be forever loyal.

Are you confused? Oh, dear, I am so sorry. Please go on and read this story I found. It is accurate.

From http://www.angelfire.com/id/castellpwc/Legend.html

by Anne Biddlecombe
(Reprinted with permission of the Welsh Corgi League)

Would you know where Corgis came from?
How they came to live with mortals?
On the Mountains of the Welsh-land
In its green and pleasant valleys,
Lived the Peasant folk of old times,
Lived our fathers and grandfathers;
And they toiled and laboured greatly
With their cattle and their ploughing,
That their women might have plenty.
And their children journeyed daily
With the kine upon the mountain,
Seeing that they did not wander,
Did not come to any mischief,
While their fathers ploughed the valley
And their mothers made the cheeses.

'Til one day they found two puppies
Found them playing in a hollow,
Playing like a pair of fox-cubs.
Burnished gold their coat and colour,
Shining like a piece of satin -
Short and straight and thick their forelegs
And their heads were like a fox's
But their eyes were kind and gentle;
Long of body were these dwarf dogs
And without a tail behind them.

Now the children stayed all day there,
And they learned to love the dwarf-dogs,
Shared their bread and water with them,
Took them home with them at even.
Made a cosy basket for them,
Made them welcome in the kitchen
Made them welcome in the homestead.

When the men came home at sunset
Saw them lying in the basket,
Heard the tale the children told them,
How they found them on the mountain
Found them playing in the hollow -
They were filled with joy and wonder
Said it was a fairy present,
Was a present from the wee folk,
For their fathers told a legend
How the fairies kept some dwarf dogs.
Called them Corgis - Fairy heelers:
Made them work the fairy cattle,
Made them pull the fairy coaches,
Made them steeds for fairy riders,
Made them fairy children's playmates;
Kept them hidden in the mountains,
Kept them in the mountains shadow
Lest the eye of mortal see one.

Now the Corgis grew and prospered,
And the fairies' life was in them,
In the lightness of their movement,
In the quickness of their turning,
In their badness and their goodness.
And they learnt to work for mortals,
Learnt to love their mortal masters
Learnt to work their masters' cattle,
Learnt to play with mortal children.

Now in every vale and hamlet,
In the valleys and the mountains,
From the little town of Tenby,
By the Port of Milford Haven,
To St. David's Head and Fishguard,
In the valley of the Cleddau,
On the mountains of Preselly,
Lives the Pembrokeshire Welsh Corgi,
Lives the Corgi with his master.

Should you doubt this ancient story,
Laugh and scoff and call it nonsense,
Look and see the saddle markings
Where the fairy warriors rode them
(As they ride them still at midnight,
On Midsummer's Eve at midnight,
When we mortals all are sleeping!).

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This adoptable is in the works. They are each friendly and different.  You shall soon see.

I'll add more soon, thank's for reading.

Fairy Horses

My name is Tucker. I never really fit in with my own community. I guess I am just not so outspoken with Fellow-Fairies. Atleast I have my friends by my side.

Well, they are not fairy friends. I handle horses. Or, fairy horses. I have been breeding and training these creatures my whole life. I guess I've become more familiar with my horses to really be very social with my own race.

Oh, I am not upset about that. Horses are such kind creatures. They understand me, and they'll accept me for who I am. And, no offense to all those fairies out there, my horses are way cooler than any fairy. Even the most simple ones are almost as intelligent as any fairy and twice as strong, and countless times as fast. Some have different abilities based on their own unique traits.
But each is special. No two are the same. Each has different needs and desires.
But that is why I have moved my friends to secundi. As each has different needs, it is getting really hard for me to give each one the care it needs. And the numbers have increased over these years, and I ran out of space in my old home. I moved to secundi, this new and glorious world, to continue doing what I love, training and improving my horses. But it's time I give some of my friends to others, maybe they will start training and breeding their own herd.

Fairy Horses

Hello, Tucker here! I wanted to let you all in on some facts!

There are currently three species of Fairy Horse.
The first is the very shy species of Pembroke Welsh Corgi. These horses are the ones that started it all. Yes, they are the original fairy horses. In ancient days, Corgis and Fairy Master were very close. They still are today, but more species of horses have emerged since then.
They are very excited creatures, but they are hesitant to leave their ancient land. It has been where they lived for thousands of years, and they have come to treasure it.
Although these creatures are the most common on my old world, they might be a little rare on secundi. They are refusing to cooperate with me, for some reason. I know they love me, but they are a bit scared in this new place, and right now are not breeding very much. This may change as they come to get used to this new home. Corgis breed not too often, but they have on average 3 or 4 puppies in a litter.

The next species of horse is the Owl. These owls started being riden by fairies during the old Battle of our World errupted. Some fairies decided their corgis a bit useless in battle, as even for their incredible speed, any fairy not on horse could still fly and attack from the air (at that time, no mutations had been discovered to aid in flying for corgis.)  So they switched to Owls as a new riding companion. I've only been breeding one type of owl though: the Barn Owl, so if you are looking for a variety of breeds, I might have to go home and bring a new kind back. But, I honestly don't know if I can train another type of owl. We'll see :) Barn Owls will breed every so often, more than our corgis, and they will have maybe two or three eggs at a time.

And finally, we have our Dragons.
Dragons were not very popular to ride back in my own home. They are notorious for being brutal and mean. I only recently started to breed these dragons, as it was not very easy finding the first ones I had. Dragons are known for their strength. They can usually fly, but not all have wings. Of all my horses, these are the most excited for a new land. They do breed often, but they only have one or two eggs at one time.

So, those are my horses I've come to train. The dragons are the hardest to train of them all, but they will be happy to be in their new home soon. Owls are the best learners, though. You can teach them almost anything. Their senses are amazing, especially Barnowls and their hearing.
Corgis are particularly good at running and finding things. They are good in speed things. But in the air, if a corgi has wings, it is not very fast at all.