News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

Question about RP adoptables

Started by indigowulf, May 09, 2010, 10:53:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

indigowulf

I was wondering how people feel about RP adoptables. Ive seen a few threads in critter explorations just sit dead for weeks, even for very popular adoptables (like the Faekind thread that was suprisingly barren). I've also seen threads in general booths have unplanned and unprompted RP break out and become very active.

I want to know what inspires RP, if RP is a good goal or should be skipped, and any other feedback people may have on the subject. Thanks in advance!

Goddesss

We have an RP forum??

That is what I voted.  Yes I know we have an RP forum.  I have never done any Role Playing on this site or any other though.

indigowulf

I'm starting to think I shouldn't have RP for my adoptables :( Birds of Prey did terribly when I tried them. I'm trying to come to terms with the idea that my story and plans for them may just have to be scrapped and do the more "standard" adoptable running, or they will go nowhere.
Thinking about removing Apex from rp too, nobody will ever see anything but an egg if I dont put it in general lol. At least those I didnt have an elaborate story that will hurt to scrap.

Goddesss

I am sorry.  Honestly I myself am no good at writing.  It takes me forever to come up with a couple sentences when I have to for an adoptable event.  I also dont really have the time.  I love collecting adoptables though.

red_uni387

I do enjoy RP, but I find it very hard coming up with unique personalities and back stories for critters D: The only RP I've successfully participated in is for an adoptie on PI, and the RP was very very dead. Plus I hate forcefully shoving my character someplace so they talk to someone else, so in large RPs I get lost and feel alone >.>

Goddesss

You have also made me think of something that put me off on role playing read.  With the amount of time it takes me to come up with something I am always afraid that by the time I come up with it the moment will have passed.  That happens to me alot in adoptable threads in general.

sera

i love to RP, i've just been super swamped lately. : /  PER USUAL, BABIES ARE HARD. xD;; Sorry, PM and other moms, i think i just don't have the same knack ya'll do. x__X;;;

i love it when people RP crits from me, but i also don't expect it.  ^^ As such, if/when people RP the Naa, they are more likely to find items, other Naa, or get extra perks (like free breedings. xD;;)  But it's certainly not required.  ^^

Neocridders

RP should never be the whole adoptable unless you have tons of people leaping at the chance to rp. I've know several adoptables with successful rps, but most had not a general thread, but a forum with a bunch of places to roleplay.
I think roleplay is fun, but it should not overpower the adopt by saying 'you MUST' rp or you get nothng!' becuase there are plenty of users that just can't handle getting in an already started roleplay.

springacres

I love to RP, but the premise of the RP has to catch my eye and be able to hold my interest.  Also, while I don't mind interacting with random characters, I prefer if the RP is a literate, paragraph-style one.  (The occasional short post is fine, but I tend to avoid users who repeatedly RP via one sentence interactions.)