News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

{| Naga Adoptable |} Is there any interest...?

Started by Fur Immer, June 23, 2010, 01:59:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fur Immer

H-hi, I'm Fur Immer. You can call me Fur, though. Or Immy. I don't mind either.

I'm fairly new to secundi, previously over at PI under that same username (some of you might know me!) and have decided to migrate over here for running my up-and-coming adoptable. I find the adoptable market on PI a bit frightening, so I'm hoping it's nicer here! Plus, the forum layout here is so much nicer, it's what I'm used too. Anyway.

Recently I've been planning an adoptable based on a rather old story of mine, which is being re-worked to turn into a short novella of some kind. In the process of re-working it I realized that the world and creatures in it might hold interest to others, so I decided that perhaps turning it into a roleplay based adoptable would be fun...?

Also, because I am so attached to the world and the characters me loosing interest would be very unlikely, unless there wasn't much interest here. But I'm hoping there will be ^-^

Now I guess I'll make another post to explain things better. Sorry, I'm rambling a bit.

Fur Immer

Story

The below story is the original, unedited story. Currently a friend and I are taking scissors and ink to it, working things out with the world. There are now two races of naga (rainforest and desert) and a lot more detail to the world. I haven't had a chance to write up a new creation myth, but it will stay similar to this...

-----------------

It was said that the Naga were shaped from Chaos and dust made from the scales of a god. The god of chaos, An'ko, made them to inhabit his sister's land as vengeance for not being allowed to help create it. His sister, A'ka, the goddess of the earth, was at first angered with her brother for creating these creatures and wished to have them destroyed. The youngest of the siblings, Kai'ta, asked that A'ka spear them, and in return she would teach the Naga how to work the land and to live peacefully with each other and all the deities.

Kai'ta taught the Naga all she knew about farming the rich lands around the rivers, navigating the dangerous deserts, and tame the wild beasts that she herself had created to roam her sister's land. Soon the Naga grew to love Kai'ta and gave her the title of Mother Goddess. They built her a glorious temple out in the desert, near a large oasis that had formed in the desolate land.

Soon Kai'ta had to return to the realm of the gods, where she lived with the others, but she left behind a good impression on the Naga, and managed to secure their place on the earth. Society began to evolve and soon tribes formed. The first two tribes of Naga were the An and the Kai, named after the two gods who had made them who they are; An'ko, their creator and Kai'ta, the mother goddess.

Centuries passed and small towns turned into three, large bustling cities along the river banks. The temple to Kai'ta soon became a large temple-city, completely dedicated to teaching and worship. A golden age had swept in, but would soon pass. The Naga soon realized that the other, smaller tribes had cities of their own, things that the An and Kai needed. Battles broke out, which soon turned into war.

We step into the world at this point. Two tribes pitted against each other, and smaller, peaceful tribes getting caught in the way. Perhaps you shall find yourself a noble, living a pleasant life in a palace; as a townsman, trying to make a living in the towns selling goods; as an artisan, creating piece of beauty to be displayed for all or perhaps you will be a soldier, fighting the battles for your lords.

The Plan

My current plan is to release these sometime in the late fall, give myself all summer to plan them and do the work so that everything runs smoothly. Before the actual adoptable is released I will be opening up an off-site forum, where roleplay will be opened up. This will also give people a chance to build characters, and get rewarded once things work. I'll be looking for a few people to come and join me and two off-site friends to get things rolling and have the chance to get some naga!

On another note, me and a very close IRL friend are still in the process of working out things with the religion side of the plot, and things like names and world layout. The addition of the rainforest species also means that I'll have a lot more work with the art. But fear not, everything will start running eventual! I hope! Haha.

To-Do-List

Putting this here for my own use :/

* Finish planning and world-building.
* Sketch naga (Rainforest/Desert)
* Template basic, unclothed naga. (Rainforest/Desert)
* create three hairstyles for each gender (nine total)
Rainforest:
------------ Short
------------ Long
------------ Special (braided?)
Desert:
------------ Short
------------ Long
------------ Special (topknot? Egyptian-esque cut?)
* create four clothing sets.
------------ Basic (m/f)
------------ Decorative (m/f)
------------ Fancy (m/f)
------------ Exotic (m/f)
* create two sets of jewelery.
------------ Studs (m/f)
------------ Dangles (m/f)
* Template all of the above
* Create/commission HQ cert that fits both genders and races.
* Sketch and Template a set of items.

Fur Immer

The Naga

Currently, the two races are being studied and worked at. Not much is known at this point... but will be updated once things are found out!

Rainforest Variety -
Said to be calmer, and less of a warring race, the Rainforest Naga worship life and all its bountiful prizes. Their main deity is Ku'u, the moon and healing god. Their priest focus on healing and prayer rituals.

Desert Variety-
Split up into many warring tribes, the desert naga are large and thicker-built then their rainforest cousins. Their lifestyle is much less spiritually driven and much more driven toward achievements and war. Their main deity is Sol, the sun and war god. Their priest preform more sacrificial rituals, and focus more on improving the art of war.

----------

Below are some samples of sketches. All of these were drawn before I changed the way the tails and scales work on the body. But they give you a pretty good idea of what the final products will look like. They also were drawn before the naga were split into the two races.

Phae|Veil|???

YourLoveOnly

I remember you! ^^
I shall stalk this for art previews =3

TheLeet

I'm not much into RP but the sketches look beautiful. And I know what you mean about the adoptable market on PI being a bit scary XD

Kadana Sorano

I love Naga, so I shall certainly be interested in seeing line arts when they are ready.  Whether I try and collect any or not will depend a great deal on how much I like the end product, and whether it will be a strictly Rp adopt, or whether we will have the option to adopt without Rp as well.
Storm Chasers Current Thread: http://www.secundi.net/forum.php?topic=3836.0
Storm Chasers Customs Thread: http://www.secundi.net/forum.php?topic=3691.0
Okibi Stud and RB Service: http://www.secundi.net/forum.php?topic=4266.0
Quinsta Studs Free to Use: http://www.secundi.net/forum.php?topic=4308.0

My Eggs/Pets.. they would appreciate some love :) 

Blondie_63

They look wonderful and I really am hoping to get into an RP adoptable again. The one that I used to be really involved in has kind of died off and it makes me sad so I'd love another one to attach to.

Fur Immer

Thanks to everyone who showed interest!

As for the RP thing, they will not require you to roleplay. You can just adoptable have your own not-so-little naga to put wherever you like. Roleplay is suggested, though, as you can get better things for naga. I'll be saving .PSDs of all the naga separately, so you can upgrade in ranks and get custom clothing and items.

I just have one commission I need to get finished, then my attention is getting switched over to these guys for a the next few months! I'm hoping to get at least some sort of digital piece of a naga finished so I can show what they will sort of look like when they're done.

Kadana Sorano

Awesome, I'll look forward to seeing them then!

And I'm not totally against rp, but I'm more of a casual/flakey forum rp'er.  I just never was able to become comfy with rp on forums.  So I may enter Rp's sometimes, but prolly not all of them.
Storm Chasers Current Thread: http://www.secundi.net/forum.php?topic=3836.0
Storm Chasers Customs Thread: http://www.secundi.net/forum.php?topic=3691.0
Okibi Stud and RB Service: http://www.secundi.net/forum.php?topic=4266.0
Quinsta Studs Free to Use: http://www.secundi.net/forum.php?topic=4308.0

My Eggs/Pets.. they would appreciate some love :) 

Sunchaser

ooo im soo interested, if you want some help id be more then happy to help :)

Fur Immer

Well, officially started sketching up the adults for the rainforest breed. They'll be done... sometime. And posted at some point, too. Most of the information is gong to take a while to appear, though. The forum is coming along slowly, too. But I hope to have that running by mid-July.

Ah, changed the way I'm going to do clothing, too. Priest, Warrior and Noble garb is going to be stuff that will need to be custom-drawn (as its design suddenly got uber fancy over the weekend.) where as you will be able to buy different types of clothing (basic, fancy, exotic, etc.) which will look different for each race.

Also, anyone have any suggestions for special hairstyle for each race? I'm thinking some sort of braid-thing for the rainforest, and maybe some fancy up-do for the desert? Opinions? Suggestions?