News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

guest colorist roulette

Started by indigowulf, July 22, 2010, 05:53:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

indigowulf

Ok, so I had the idea. First run is going ok so far, if a little disorganized on my part. I thought it out a bit more and had a chance to see where I needed to fix things from the first test run. I would like feedback on this so next month we can make it a regular thing.

The next posts will be in the format the actual montly posts will be in. Its not a real sign up lol, just showing how it would run. Feedback and suggestions welcome!

indigowulf

It's time for guest color roulette again! For those who haven't done this before, here's how it works:
The idea is, you post your adoptable and any coloring rules you have (natural colors, no brushes, ect) and at the same time you will be signing up for guest color roulette. At the end of the sign up, all participants will go into random.org to be assigned who they will color for.

At the end of sign up, colorists will have 1 week to color for thier assigned adoptable (be sure you can color 3 in that time!) Each person colors 3 critters. Colored critters are posted here for adoptable owner pickup. (and so we can all have fun seeing the results!) If the adoptable owner and the colorist decide to, you may do more than 3, but 3 is the standard.

After everything is colored, the adoptable owner can decide what to do with the results- hold thier own event, sell it, keep it for themselves, ect. If the owners chooses, they can enter it in a free giveaway that will be held at the end of this event! You may put 0 or all 3 in the giveaway, your choice.

A couple rules:
no resizing or editing the lines given- remember, the owner has to apply shading and cert still!
no fighting or whining or mean remarks if someone's coloring isnt up to your skill
try your best!
no paint users please, unless the adoptable owner says its ok
adoptable owners- please have transparent lines ready!
there will be no expected payment for this- you are exchanging coloring!
Don't steal lines. Great big DUH there but saying it just in case.
I'll add anything else if a problem comes up.

indigowulf

Week 1: sign ups- open til the 7th
adoptable owner entry form-
your username:
your adopable you wish colored:
link to lineart: (you may choose to PM instead)
is paint ok, or does your line require a layer program?:
do you want colorist to save a .psd of the finished adoptables?:
how many colorists are you willing to have (if we have a shortage of adoptables to colorists):
anything else?:

guest colorist entry form-
your username:
do you have a layer program, or are you a paint user?:
can you save a .psd of the finished adoptables?:
anything else?:
Adoptables entered:
Colorists entered:

indigowulf

Week 2: coloring- open from the 8th til the 14th
colorist------- adoptable being colored--------- notes from adoptable owner

((will be listed as they are randomized and paired up))

indigowulf

Week 3: Event! We will have a free event in week 3, starting on the 15th. Adoptable owners may choose any or all (or none) of the colored results to enter into the giveaway events.

indigowulf

Week 4: Claiming and naming
The last week (starting on the 22nd) will be dedicated to people claiming and naming anything they won in week 3. This gives adoptable owners a full week to get things named and gives them a chance to cert and post pickups. Anything not claimed/named by the end of the month may be held over and given out in the next months GCR.

YourLoveOnly

Seems fine to me! ^^
I would love this to be a monthly thing, seems like a lot of fun to play with different lines.
I was wondering if it is possible to enter more than one adoptable? If not I'll just rotate them. I could handle coloring for more than 1 for sure. *has already colored 5*

Dray

This looks great to me. I'd be happy to do three re-colours of one template rather than have to do three different templates, as I have the opposite problem of YLO! My time is limited even if I am hyped to participate.

In regards to people who don't have adoptables participating in colouring, or people who want to colour more than one set, what about allowing lines to be used more than once? That could be randomized along with who gets what so that one month more, say... Feli or Garden Noms get coloured, and another month more Kennel dogs or Desert Striders get coloured? Maybe for those who are participating without having their own templates to put in the pot, they could be charged a fee or something? (That seems a little backwards, since while they'll be colouring, they won't get anything in return. Maybe instead, colourers who don't have adoptables can get a reserved spot in the free giveaway for either a random critter, or an adoptable of their choice if it's available?)

indigowulf

Ok, I added a line in red to the third post, that could cover it?

Dray

That seems good to me! That way those who want to keep some of their adoptables rare-ish will be able to limit the number that are made. :D