News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

[Sugar Glaze] roleplay-based humanoid adoptable. Interest?

Started by Fur Immer, February 17, 2011, 04:16:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fur Immer

Some of you may know me from PI... went by Fur Immer on there.
Anyway, I'm thinking about starting up a new roleplay based adoptable called Sugarglaze.

I'll just copy this from the work-in-progress forums...

QuoteSugar Demons are a race of demons that grow much like humans. They were created one day by accident, and are a sort of dilution of normal demons. They act more human, and can even live in the human world without a shadow step. They're easily recognized by their bright hair and eye colours, which are often accompanied by other demonic traits, such as horns and tails.

The three stages are...

Raw Stage... In this stage the demon is still able to be influenced by outside forces. They have a sort of semi-transparent, crystal-like look to them. This form has a male and female template, not customizable beyond colours.

Chibi Stage... Some influence has been put over them and the demon is fully formed. They are slender and delicate looking, no matter what influence they have been put under. This form has a male and female template, one for each influence, with some customizable options beyond colours. (clothing, hair, horn type... etc).

Ascended Stage... This stage is hard to achieve. Many Sugar Demons don't make it this far. This stage is custom-posed and considered an 'adult' stage. Only achieved through roleplaying your Sugar Demon and gaining him Karma points.

Influences-
There are three types a demon may fall under. This defines the demons appearance and, often, their personality. To turn your demon into a type you must use the proper Influence. These influences are used to advance a demon from the Raw stage to the Chibi Stage. They are...

Beelzebub Type have horns and spade-tipped tails. On occasion they have small, bat-like wings when they reach their Ascended stage.. They are often mean, cruel, emotionless, greedy and vain. (Influence: Bleeding Heart)

Nephil Type have wings and halos. They are the kind, sweet hearted, innocent and, well, pure. These demons are often suspected of wandering from the normal paths. (Influence: Baby's Breath)

Geist Type have blank eyes, and retain some crystal-like patches on their body. They often appear broken or hollow-looking and on occasion have thin, trailing tendrils from their faces, like whiskers. They often show little emotion, though are known to quite deep and often kind. (Influence: Lost Soul)

And I'll put more info in another post c: Just as to not clutter this one.

Fur Immer

Basically, this will be a heavily roleplay based adoptable. You won't be able to advance your demon from the Raw Stage without a bit of roleplay and your demon has no chance of becoming Ascended if you don't rolelpay.

If that scares you, leaving now is probably a good idea.

It's going to take a lot of effort to run and a lot of effort to draw and template everything, so chances are this won't be popping up until much, much later this year... but I figured I might gauge some interest now. This is partly because I may scrap the idea entirely in favour of turning the world into a comic.

Basically it's set in the world of Sugarglaze, a city built for the Sugar Demons to live in. There are three general areas to the town and lots of locations within these areas. You roleplay as your Sugar Demon, who starts out in the Raw stage.

Influences are used to advance your demon to the next stage, and they can be grabbed by participating in Influence Roleplays, where a NPC-type character (undecided who they'll be yet) will eventually give each participant an Influence that they represent.

-----------------

So, if you're interested, I'd like to hear. The art will be drawn by myself, but right now I'm focusing on building the world and setting up the forums... there's still a chance I won't go through with this. I tend to get protective over my ideas...

[Edit] Oh, also, would people be fine if the bulk of the adoptable was run on an off-site forum? If that isn't okay, this will probably never work the way I envision it. I'm also sorry if this post is scattered, I'm a tad bit knackered at the moment.

YourLoveOnly

As much as I personally love this, I am afraid there are not enough users on secundi that are into heavy roleplay. But if they open up on PI I am sure myself and a bunch of others would greatly appreciate it if you open up a small branch on Secundi as well <3 But secundi only.. I don't see that taking off, sadly :(

Deekkru

*squeals in excitement* FUR-CHANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!! :3

Well, I hate to have more human competition, but how could anyone pass up the opportunity for more Fur art? I say DO IT.

Sunchaser

While there are not a lot of RPers here i know there are enough here because some play on the AAA forums.

There would be enough here for a RP adoptable if you wish to keep the work small. I am fine with off forum adoptables but i prefer ones on secundi, only cause sometimes i forget to check the other forums hence my failure so far with AAA.

I know i would Definatly be a stalker, i love rp i just havnt found a adoptable that is on here yet thats pure rp, which personaly i enjoy. Its why ive joined rp sites before i even knew about adoptables and what not. Heck id be better with AAA if i could remeber to go there lol.

So if you want a LOT of people this one be the place for that. If your fine with a small group of Dedicated stalkers, this is the place for you ^_^

Fur Immer

Hmmm... small, dedicated groups are more what I'm looking for. I suppose if I ever want to extend it I could move a branch over to PI. I'm still not 100% if I'm going to run it... A lot of work, so little time.

Thank-you for all the support so far. <3

Heyy, Deekky~

Solistia

I think it looks like a fun and fabulous idea (an having their own forums will definitely make it easier to manage, I know from experience X3)

And there are definitely some dedicated RPers here on Secundi (particularly because most have found their way to my Anima Adoption Agency XD), so I wouldn't totally disclude Secundi from a small RP-based adoptable :3

And Sugar Glaze, while a bit time consuming to start up, will be fairly easy to run in the long run, seeing as to how only 1 of 3 stages requires unique art, and it takes a certain amount of effort to obtain. Once you finish those 2 crystal templates and 6 chibi templates, it should be pretty smooth sailing :3 (I only caution that if you feel you don't have enough time to do the uniquely draw art for reaching certain RP requirements to think of perhaps templating the final stage). I myself have two other artists on staff to help with the art workload of AAA, and so far it's worked out fairly well, and the RP community has thrived :3

I would also recommend to draw in some new RPers to also open a branch on PI. Not everyone will want to join an offsite forum, but there will be a few who do, and I can guarentee you'll get a few more dedicated users form that :3 (It doesn't mean you have to run all your events on PI or Secundi, I myself run more forum-only events for my already dedicated users, and then periodically offer events on other sites mainly to draw in new users =D)

Deekkru

*waves* Hi Sol^^

Fur dear, if you'd like some help getting things going, I'd be happy to volunteer. I know I still have Kingdom Trance in the works, but there won't be much happening until I finish at least 1 or 2 other races. That goes for a PI branch too.

Solistia

/waves to Deek o3o/
(you should send me stuff to work on >w> )