News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

FlutterFlits (The New Internet Sensation!)

Started by FlutterFlits, August 05, 2011, 09:05:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FlutterFlits

They said it couldn't be done.  They said it was absurd, futile.  And yet: here stands the impossible.  

In the far reaches of the future, one man had a dream.  A dream filled with elephants and giraffes.  And kittens.  Though less kittens and more the other two.  Also, unfortunately, the elephants didn't work out.  But!  The giraffes did!  In a manner of speaking.

He'd been inspired by the graceful and cuddly Petite Lap Giraffes and he spent decades perfecting their existence.  They could live for decades, perhaps longer!  They came in designer colors!  And then, one fateful moment Polly, his parrot, decided to inspect his experiment.  She flew in close, too close.

An explosion of light and purple smoke and his incredibly perfect Lap Giraffe stood up and shook her feathers and stared at him with a bored, blank expression before leaning forward to lip at his hair.

By science, he'd created something new.

The giraffe had a tendency to flutter and flit from one place in the lab to the next, always getting in his way as he tried to find out just what had happened.  He attempted to recreate the experiment, this time using the more readily available kittens.  Polly was gone, merged, perhaps, with Angis, the first flittering thing inhabiting his lab.  So he adopted another parrot and worked long through the nights and days until:

Another explosion of light, tinged with aquamarine smoke!  Ahahahahaaa!  Another flittering thing here in his lab!  He had it by the horns now!  

Unfortunately, now he had two things fluttering around his lab, getting in the way.  So he sold them to a quaint little pet shop that dubbed them Flutter Flits.

And now, they're available to you!

Due to the intricate and complex nature of these pets, they are tentatively priced at the very affordable cost of 1,000,000,000 boondollero (which everyone knows is the world currency after the collapse of the market infrastructure).  Our top mathmatician spent four days crunching the numbers to determine that this equates about 10,000 of your 'secunds'.  

We foresee having a number of Flits dropped off from the lab within 47,278 nanosectarians, and, until then, we accept all drooling stares and compliments!  Just wipe off the glass when you're done.

Dr. Otto von Schnitzelpusskrankengescheitmeyer and Bobslavski, signing off.

Luv007

Are those little bitty giraffes real??

The little Flutter flits are quite cute!!

SkySong

XD I like them, nice, clean lines and shading. Definitely will be stalking these in my spare time.
Adoptable threads: None currently ~ Trading thread: N/A ~ Breeding thread

LC Custom Status: Closed
LC Breeding Status: Closed

Kahlira

Kahlira

Winged

Adorable! Can't wait to see them become a new adoptable xD
Owner of Gliders!

JellyThunda

*glomps*
NOMNOMNOMnnnn.

I will be stalking these in my spare time.

Pinkshadow

Ryuukokoro

*peers through the glass* Awwwww!! *looks through pockets* I need to save up my boondolleros! These are too cute to pass up!  ;D

FlutterFlits

Dr. Otto von Schnitzelpusskrankengescheitmeyer's vid screen turns on, and his image states:

Ve haf sooksefooly stabilized die Kätzchen Flits und nao zey vill be auailable to you.

(translation: The Kitten FlutterFlits are finished and an event will come shortly)

hiyoko

Kahlira

FlutterFlits

Bob walks in with a wriggling, orange and blue mass fluttering in his arms.  "Stay still, you little--!"  He spots all of the thread's visitors.  Oh, how convenient!  He's certainly not about to unload his problems onto you, of course not!  The future is filled with people who are far too responsible for that sort of behavior.  "Unfortunately, this little girl has shown up early and we can't keep her hanging around the shop, so she's just going to have to go home with someone, so--"

The Flit breaks free and flits about the thread before alighting before someone and staring up hopefully.  Will you take me home with you? Please? her eyes seem to say.

QuoteThere were 8 items in your list. Here they are in random order:

1. Ryuukokoro
   2. luv007
   3. hiyoko
   4. Winged dreams
   5. Skysong
   6. Pinkshadow
   7. JellyThunda
   8. Kahlira

Timestamp: 2011-08-21 01:58:06 UTC

Wildfilly94

SkySong

I see my name but I have no clue what it means... But yes, I'd definitely be interested in taking the little girl home. <3

FlutterFlits

(Your interest is appreciated, SkySong.  We used a randomizer with the names of everyone who has shown interest to decide who would get the very first FlutterFlit.  #1 on the list is Ryuukokoro, so the Flit will go home with her, unless she decides she doesn't want it.)

SkySong

Lol, ok. XD I wasn't quite sure what you meant when you posted that. Congrats, Ryuu!

Ryuukokoro

Oh wow, thank you!! ^^ I'd love to name her Skitter please!